You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Prop-liners in the discussion, (not another DC-3)?
    Yes of course. Civil airliners as a class. Both prop and jet.

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Yes of course. Civil airliners as a class. Both prop and jet.
      For the win...
      :Win:

Comment

• A Boeing 787-8 with twin 70's or 80's in the Boeing house color scheme would be awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post
          A Boeing 787-8 with twin 70's or 80's in the Boeing house color scheme would be awesome!
          Couldn't agree more!
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Ford Tri-motor.

Comment

• I've said this before but I believe a 90 mm F-35 done as well as the Raptor 22 would be great and would bet it would be a big seller.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
                Ford Tri-motor.
                Hey, I get to take a ride in a real one later this week! :D

Comment

• Your not going to believe what I just saw on the HobbyKing News link. By gosh some are listening to people like myself! It's unfortunately not Freewing or Flightline. : (

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/news/the...ing-boeing-737

Not a big fan of HK of late. This is unfortunate.

Best Regards
                  Woody

Comment

• You all have made some awesome suggestions but I'm sticking with the 70mm twin US NAVY version of the S-3 Viking. I just do not see how Freewing could go wrong with this one.

Lots of mass in the fuse for strength, lots of room for larger packs and scale landing gear.

If Civilian was the only option, I would still go with the DC-4. 4 engines would be awesome!

EAA# 1366802
                    AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• S3 would be awesome for the jet and OV-10 for the prop plane

Comment

• I would like to see Flightline come out with a Convair 240 airliner. The price shouldn't be too high with only two engines and with tricycle gear it should be a good ground Handler

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

I can understand not liking the look of the airframe, that's all personal preference. I will say, that I've gained infinitley more respect for the aircraft and the engineering behind it since since moving to the Ft. Worth area a few years ago. I've met a few of the test pilots, am good friends with a few engineers on the program, and have flown in the sim and seen the massive production line. At the least, I would love to see a new version of the 70mm, like what Freewing did with their 70mm F-16. Ditch the the thrust vectoring, and make the airframe much more scale! A few comparison photos are attached for comparisions sake. This airframe really needs the "Alpha treatment"!

That said, I think you are spot on for a Harrier. I don't think a VTOL version could be affordable, but a lightweight version with even partial thrust vectoring (maybe 45 deg) or so, would be pretty sweet! Especially if Freewing molded in the ducting for the puffer ducts, so it could be modded to full VTOL by ambitous individuals.
                          I still believe this will be one of the next releases, a V2 of the F35 in a 6s 70mm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                            Your not going to believe what I just saw on the HobbyKing News link. By gosh some are listening to people like myself! It's unfortunately not Freewing or Flightline. : (

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/news/the...ing-boeing-737

Not a big fan of HK of late. This is unfortunate.

Best Regards
                            Woody
                            Unless I am missing something, that just looks like a news article about the 737, nothing about it being produced by HK. I guess you are taking that article as some type of hint from HK?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                              I would like to see Flightline come out with a Convair 240 airliner. The price shouldn't be too high with only two engines and with tricycle gear it should be a good ground Handler
                              Wow COOL! That’s 2 of us!
                              Attached Files

Comment

• C-131... piece of crap!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                                  I would like to see Flightline come out with a Convair 240 airliner. The price shouldn't be too high with only two engines and with tricycle gear it should be a good ground Handler
                                  I think one of these would be cool too. But if given the choice I would prefer a Convair 580. Same basic air frame but minor mods for more speed. The 580 had two engines similar to the Allison T-56, (Basically the same engine as a C-130). It was a beast for a people carrier.

You can't get an appreciation for this plane unless you have road in one, stood next to one when it pulls into a ramp. It sounded very C-130ish, a display of massive power to weight. Sounded good, real good. This plane was not a piece of junk in my books, but a very powerful plane of it's type. If you left the 7.5 tons or useful payload out, there is no telling what you could do with this plane. I would think large loops would be easy, but that's just an opinion of mine.

As a model I'm certain it would pretty much do it all, I'm also certain it would fly good, real good as a matter of fact. Check it out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAC2NlbxQmw Better film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYcGWD9-WGQ. Yes some are still in service to this day.

Best Regards
                                  Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I still believe this will be one of the next releases, a V2 of the F35 in a 6s 70mm.
                                    That would make me happy!

Comment

• A 1600 mm FW 190A and Zero would be good additions to their WW 2 fighters and worthy adversaries for the Spitfire and Corsairs.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	B5CB76D2-A84A-4A99-8020-915F08A23909.jpeg
Views:	355
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	173802

Comment

• Excellent, now if we could just get Freewing to bring us one at 1600 mm. Preferably all silver so we could do any Livery we want to including military. The Coast Guard even flew one with a big orange band around it

Comment

Working...
                                          X