You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
    Excellent, now if we could just get Freewing to bring us one at 1600 mm. Preferably all silver so we could do any Livery we want to including military. The Coast Guard even flew one with a big orange band around it
    My Dad flew one as call sign Air Force Two for LBJ.

Comment

• Way cool, I've ridden as passenger a number of miles in those things, both Air Force and civilian.
      in one version or another there are several of them still flying around the world.

Comment

• Looking at airliners, saw this HSD future 747 and wondered what the cost and scheme would be. Terrible music though... and how to transport...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
          Way cool, I've ridden as passenger a number of miles in those things, both Air Force and civilian.
          in one version or another there are several of them still flying around the world.
          Found a better pic of the piece of crap Mach 2 kit, doesn’t have the correct tail # and TAC emblem. But it was his plane.
          Attached Files

Comment

• I would love a DC4 in 2000mm lots of choices for paint schemes available.

Comment

• How about an English Electric Lightning? 90mm EDF. It is such a special plane from the 50s/60s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyhound61 View Post
                How about an English Electric Lightning? 90mm EDF. It is such a special plane from the 50s/60s.
                I do think the English Electric Lightning is an interesting and cool jet but I don't think the design would lend its self well to an RC model. I say that because of the short wing span that would require a higher speed to keep it flying. With that higher speed you need more throttle depleting the battery even faster and if it is a 90mm even worse!
                Even the real life lightning was a huge gas hog. It was basically limited to take off, intercept and return to base. Plus with its short wings I would imagine an RC pilot would be limited to just doing straight line passes.

Comment

• I dunno, the English Electric Lightning is a pretty popular turbine model, they fly well.

Comment

• I would like to see an F-101B, that’s the two seat version that had a RIO (radar intercept operator) in the the back. It was developed for Air Defense Command as a Cold War interceptor and carried the first nuclear air to air Genie missiles. They were used in the Cuban Missile Crisis. Anyway I think it would fly well in foam. It’s a beautiful and iconic jet.

Comment

• Ok, I know everyone likes to beat the old classics to death. But I think Flightline might consider making a Grumman F4F Wildcat. As far as I can tell we only have a meager offering in this particular aircraft. Only Banana's, and a couple of park flyers. I have the Parkzone, and Eflight variants. E-flights micro is notorious for just up and flying away when it feels like it, the Parkzone is made out of paper mache. Consequently they both fly well when they fly, exceptional well as a matter of fact. Something to think about.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                        Ok, I know everyone likes to beat the old classics to death. But I think Flightline might consider making a Grumman F4F Wildcat. As far as I can tell we only have a meager offering in this particular aircraft. Only Banana's, and a couple of park flyers. I have the Parkzone, and Eflight variants. E-flights micro is notorious for just up and flying away when it feels like it, the Parkzone is made out of paper mache. Consequently they both fly well when they fly, exceptional well as a matter of fact. Something to think about.

Woody
                        I have a friend that at one point was interested in the E-flight Wildcat but was turned off for not having retracts. I even looked into modifying it with the Retract unit from Bananas model and noticed most of the parts were out of stock every time I checked the site. Then I remembered the 2nd reason I have stayed away from BH models. So I do agree that there really isn't a good scale Wildcat offering. The F4F Wildcat is now the only airplane missing from MRC lineup of Grumman cats.

Comment

• The E-flight Wildcat does fly great. I use a 2200 3s instead of the 1300 pack it it is really stable. I have the old version with no AS3X. But a super scale would sure be nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

I have a friend that at one point was interested in the E-flight Wildcat but was turned off for not having retracts. I even looked into modifying it with the Retract unit from Bananas model and noticed most of the parts were out of stock every time I checked the site. Then I remembered the 2nd reason I have stayed away from BH models. So I do agree that there really isn't a good scale Wildcat offering. The F4F Wildcat is now the only airplane missing from MRC lineup of Grumman cats.
                            Ahhhhhhh Geeeeez............ the poor F6F Hellcat still ain't getting no lovin cause it isn't in the MRC Flight Line lineup where it belongs versus the Dynam. :Smug:
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Ahhhhhhh Geeeeez............ the poor F6F Hellcat still ain't getting no lovin cause it isn't in the MRC Flight Line lineup where it belongs versus the Dynam. :Smug:
                              I actually own a Dynam Hellcat and consider it a decent enough model representation of the Hellcat in MRC's Grumman cat line. A flightline Hellcat would be great when ever we get it but until then I am content with the Dynam model.
                              I am more concerned about the models that don't have a decent version available or that are completely absent from the market. In this case we were referring to the F4F Wildcat not the F6F Hellcat. :Confused:

Comment

I actually own a Dynam Hellcat and consider it a decent enough model representation of the Hellcat in MRC's Grumman cat line. A flightline Hellcat would be great when ever we get it but until then I am content with the Dynam model.
                                I am more concerned about the models that don't have a decent version available or that are completely absent from the market. In this case we were referring to the F4F Wildcat not the F6F Hellcat. :Confused:
                                Yes I know you were lobbying for the Wildcat for which I totally support but I also want a Hellcat too. No need to be confused.
                                Yeah, the Dynam Hellcat is decent or shall we say is sufficient to get ya by because there isn't anything else available but it certainly don't compare to the remaining FMS 1400 Hellcats that exist.
                                I have the FMS Hellcat and cherish it, just dreaming that FL will make one at the level of the Spitty and Corsair cause I know mine has that yet to be determined expiration date. ;)
                                Actually it would be an absolute slam dunk if FL released both a Wildcat and Hellcat at the same time.:Cool:
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Yes I know you were lobbying for the Wildcat for which I totally support but I also want a Hellcat too. No need to be confused.
                                  Yeah, the Dynam Hellcat is decent or shall we say is sufficient to get ya by because there isn't anything else available but it certainly don't compare to the remaining FMS 1400 Hellcats that exist.
                                  I have the FMS Hellcat and cherish it, just dreaming that FL will make one at the level of the Spitty and Corsair cause I know mine has that yet to be determined expiration date. ;)
                                  Actually it would be an absolute slam dunk if FL released both a Wildcat and Hellcat at the same time.:Cool:
                                  Ya know I think that's a great idea! After the OV-10 of course. I'll spring for the Wcat for sure. I'm pretty attached to my D Hcat.

Woody

Comment

I do think the English Electric Lightning is an interesting and cool jet but I don't think the design would lend its self well to an RC model. I say that because of the short wing span that would require a higher speed to keep it flying. With that higher speed you need more throttle depleting the battery even faster and if it is a 90mm even worse!
                                    Even the real life lightning was a huge gas hog. It was basically limited to take off, intercept and return to base. Plus with its short wings I would imagine an RC pilot would be limited to just doing straight line passes.
                                    I wouldn't be so sure about that...

Comment

• A YAK-17 for a 70mm EDF would be pretty cool.

Comment

• All this talk of Wildcats and Hellcats, but no love for the Brewster Buffalo. :Silly:

Comment

• Buffalo is a cool bird... ;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X