You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
    I am sure the next large plane will be a 1600mm P51:Yawn:

Now if the spiced it up and made a 1600mm Red Baron P51 Racer from back in the Reno heydays that would be cool!
    I'm with you on this one. I think the same thing

Woody

IE, Topic " What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Comment

• I had been thinking of other none US jets that would make for a cool and different EDF model that would sell well in Europe and the US. And just today I though of the Blackburn Buccaneer. Ideally I see it being a twin 70mm but 80mm could be possible. It would be one sweet British jet for sure.
      It even had a cool feature in that the tail opens into an airbrake.

Click image for larger version  Name:	xw544-brunty-120324.jpg Views:	1 Size:	94.5 KB ID:	175637

Comment

• Super scale ,Even use a counter rotating system(or not)to add some thing to set your P51 apart from the numerous other offerings.

Comment

• Actually if FL did a proper 1450-1550mm P-51D I'd be all over it. I've had three of the FMS V-8's and they are okay. But getting one with FL quality would be awesome. I have the 1200 and 1600 Spitfires. The 1200 is a tad too small and the 1600 is a tad too big, both are super nice flying.

I still would like a nice twin Mustang F or P-82.

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

I'm with you on this one. I think the same thing

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Ya know Valk, ya got to surrender here. I have. This RC model industry has Mustang & Corsair brain lock. They're never going to change. This will be the first mustang model I've ever purchased. I've been playing with RC models since I was 17. I'm 62 now. I would have much preferred to have a little Hellcat to be honest. But I do love park flyers. Actually my favorite place to fly is at a nice park or field. I don't really like to fly at clubs, as it always seems like some sort of pissing contest is going on at these places. so yea I bought it. Probably not another P-51 in my hanger for another 40 years. LOL.

Oh, and I actually like planes made in the USA. FYI So please tread lightly here, respectfully.

Best Regards
            Woody
            When you say planes made in the USA are you referring to the model, or the plane it's modeled after? If it's the model, then you know something I don't because I couldn't find out where Flightline was manufactured.
            But there are soooo many planes, both propeller and jet that were produced. Just the years between WWI & WWII could fill a hanger and about the only one we've ever got was the GeeBee. What about Northrop's
            flying wings that came before the XB-35? What about Howard Hughes's H-1 racer or the XF-11 that almost killed him? What about the Lockheed Electra which was used in soo many record flights, like Amelia Earhart's lost flight? There's just too much out there to justify another P-51 just after another Corsair other than for financial reasons. BTW don't laugh about the forty years, you just might get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
              I had been thinking of other none US jets that would make for a cool and different EDF model that would sell well in Europe and the US. And just today I though of the Blackburn Buccaneer. Ideally I see it being a twin 70mm but 80mm could be possible. It would be one sweet British jet for sure.
              It even had a cool feature in that the tail opens into an airbrake.

Click image for larger version Name:	xw544-brunty-120324.jpg Views:	1 Size:	94.5 KB ID:	175637
              I just can't help myself, but why a twin 70 mm or greater? Why not a twin 64 or 50 mm, or a single 80 or 70 feeding twin tailpipes? Especially with the recent price jump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

I just can't help myself, but why a twin 70 mm or greater? Why not a twin 64 or 50 mm, or a single 80 or 70 feeding twin tailpipes? Especially with the recent price jump.
                Hey Valk, I really like this one a lot. Woody

the plane it's modeled after

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

A single 80mm could be possible but it would just take up fuselage space that could be better used for a large battery tray and a working rotating bomb bay.
                  If you look closely at the design of the fuselage you can see that it was designed so the two engine tunnels would not interfere with the volume of the fuselage. Add to that the large intakes to easily feed air to each EDF all for its self. Why not take good advantage of a good design.
                  I know you have a preference for 50-64mm but anything that size is viewed by many as a park flyer and it would not be as successful as at least a medium sized model with 70mm.
                  Even the FW ME-262 is a twin 70. I doubt a twin 64mm would had been as successful as it has been.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Blackburn Buccaneer 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	74.8 KB ID:	175660
                  Attached Files

Comment

• I think a Flightline quality P 39 would be a winner.
                    the quality of my new 1600 mm F4u birdcage Corsair is far above all of the others that have preceded it.

Comment

• One of these planes F-100 Supersabre, F-101 Voodoo, and SEPECAT Jaguar. PLEASE ONE OF THESE JETS PLEASE PLEASE

Comment

• F-100 would be nice!!!

Comment

• An OV10 Bronco would really be sweet...say in a 1600mm to go with the P38 and the F7F! :Cool::)ov10ov10ov10;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

A single 80mm could be possible but it would just take up fuselage space that could be better used for a large battery tray and a working rotating bomb bay.
                            If you look closely at the design of the fuselage you can see that it was designed so the two engine tunnels would not interfere with the volume of the fuselage. Add to that the large intakes to easily feed air to each EDF all for its self. Why not take good advantage of a good design.
                            I know you have a preference for 50-64mm but anything that size is viewed by many as a park flyer and it would not be as successful as at least a medium sized model with 70mm.
                            Even the FW ME-262 is a twin 70. I doubt a twin 64mm would had been as successful as it has been.

Click image for larger version Name:	Blackburn Buccaneer 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	74.8 KB ID:	175660
                            Well I had an Art-tech F-14 with twin 50s and it flew well until I lost it to a ramp strike, and have another that I'm debating on whether to sell or build. as my availablility to fly has been reduced in the past year..

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Avro CF100 Canuck....JPG
Views:	377
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	175738Click image for larger version

Name:	Avro CF100 Canuck.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	175739Click image for larger version

Name:	Avro CF100 Canucks.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	175740Click image for larger version

Name:	CF-100 Canuck with US F102.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	175741
                              Maybe a reproduction of the only "scratch built"; twin-engined; Canadian made; Avro CF100 Canuck Fighter/Interceptor. This girl had powerful, twin, Orenda engines which looked like a pair of conga drums and was flown by Commonwealth air forces. I remember reading somewhere that a few were used in America for testing and some allied flying. It's the only other offering except the torched; crunched and shredded Avro Arrow. This CF100 Canuck was built by the same dude who was Chief Engineer for the Arrow. James C. Floyd, who is still alive at the remarkable age of 104...! Maybe a twin 64mm or twin 70mm would be cool, if not frozen....

Comment

• My mistake. Chief Engineer/Designer was John Frost! Even more fitting for a frozen Northern land mass!

Comment

• I believe that F 102 flying formation with it is from the 59th fighter intercepter squadron at Goose Bay Labrador, circa 1960s.
                                  The F 102a would be an excellent model to come out with also.

Comment

• How about a 90mm 8s BD-5? That would be awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by davidjonesxl View Post
                                      How about a 90mm 8s BD-5? That would be awesome!
                                      That would be a BD-5J. The prop version was the BD-5

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Avro CF100 Canuck....JPG
Views:	377
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	175738Click image for larger version

Name:	Avro CF100 Canuck.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	175739Click image for larger version

Name:	Avro CF100 Canucks.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	175740Click image for larger version

Name:	CF-100 Canuck with US F102.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	175741
                                        Maybe a reproduction of the only "scratch built"; twin-engined; Canadian made; Avro CF100 Canuck Fighter/Interceptor. This girl had powerful, twin, Orenda engines which looked like a pair of conga drums and was flown by Commonwealth air forces. I remember reading somewhere that a few were used in America for testing and some allied flying. It's the only other offering except the torched; crunched and shredded Avro Arrow. This CF100 Canuck was built by the same dude who was Chief Engineer for the Arrow. James C. Floyd, who is still alive at the remarkable age of 104...! Maybe a twin 64mm or twin 70mm would be cool, if not frozen....
                                        I'd go for it, or it's unsung sister, the Arrow, but a Canberra/B-57 would be nice to. But PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE, get these folks an OV-10 before they break out the torches and pitchforks.

Comment

• Yeah! Where is that confounded OV10!!!! It's been a few years of posting and replies for that sweet old gal who had her field days over the skies of Southeast Asia! It's a rare bird that needs to be debuted for the better of the masses! The rare planes seem to be orphans of the corners of history. They need light and exposure...

Comment

Working...
                                          X