You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
    Of all the airplanes on the list I am quite surprised how much interest the B1 Lancer really has! If this model ever gets made it would be interesting to see what scale and EDF size Freewing decides would be the ideal fit for it.
    It could be anything from 4x 64mm, twin 70mm to Twin 80mm. It would also have to be interesting to see just how big this model could be that the mold cost will allow for. Plus a benefit of it having swing wings will be that it can have a pretty big wing span without being a pain to transport.

Click image for larger version Name:	rockwell-b1b.gif Views:	1 Size:	36.5 KB ID:	176144
    Though I find it strange that I've only seen two post-WWII mass-produced in foam, that being the B-2 and XB-70. And while I'd prefer Freewing come up with an upgraded version of the NiceSky XB-70, a B-1 would be nice as well. I'd say a twin 70 mm to keep it simple. But first a OV-10 Bronco before these people become an angry mob. I hear WBC has been pricing pitchforks at the local True Value.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBeghtol View Post
      OH yes B1 please!!! I live very near Nellis AFB and when they are having their various exercises theere are often 4 or so B1Bs flying out of here...
      Our local club http://www.propnuts.org/ is well represented by former and current Air Force members. A large portion of them fly military models from all generations. Lots of F16s, A10s, F4s, F14s, etc.
      This would be a huge hit!!!
      Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! Lots of good people and fun times here!!! Thanks for joining!!! Jerry

Comment

• I agree. The Bone in the hangar would be sweet!!! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
          $00.02USD:

Prop:
          Beechcraft Texan 2
          Click image for larger version

Name:	raytheon-beechcraft-t-6b-texan-ii-arthur-eggers.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	176126Click image for larger version

Name:	4-raytheon-hawker-beechcraft-t-6a-texan-ii-arthur-eggers.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	176127
          EDF:

B1 Lancer
          Click image for larger version

Name:	1024px-B-1B_Lancer_Awaits_Inspection.JPG
Views:	576
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	176128Click image for larger version

Name:	bone.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	176129Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	176130

The T-6B already exists. FMS

Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

• In 1600mm or larger? I looked and did not find the T6-B. I will keep researching. Thanks. But still need "The Bone". Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by vdanger View Post

Can you send us a link? I will buy one tomorrow!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Outside of the Blackbird/A-12 or Concorde, The Bone is the one I would most covet in my hangar. Twin 80mm sweep wing please!!!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Sorry, that is not a T-6B. That's the FMS Pilatus PC-21 painted in the Navy T-6 scheme. Totally different aircraft! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post

Sorry, that is not a T-6B. That's the FMS Pilatus PC-21 painted in the Navy T-6 scheme. Totally different aircraft! ;)
                    Yea I figured that out too. Figured others would as well. Stunning paint job though. I love it's look. Makes me want to do one just like it.

Woody

Comment

• Beats the heck out of the factory red paint job!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                        Beats the heck out of the factory red paint job!
                        Totally! Ya know FMS would probably sell a lot more if they painted them like that. Unfortunately I have learned not to credit any model developer with an over abundance of brains, LOL. Well some slightly more than others I guess. Still don't have that OV-10????

Woody

Comment

Like your choices LB! The Texan in the Navy scheme would be way cool!
                          PN, I agree. What great choice for electric. In 1600-1700mm, a fixed wing missle with a prop. High scale detail, good paint schemes and just a cool airframe. Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Although I would prefer a A-29 Super Tucano I would get a AT-6 Wolverine if made available from Freewing.
                            But I guess it would really come down to which manufacturer will grant licensing rights.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AT-6 vs ST 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	160.6 KB ID:	176330
                            Attached Files

Comment

Actually the PC-21 is NOT a totally different aircraft. The Raytheon T-6 is a modified Pilatus PC-9.

The PC-21 is just an up-engined PC-9 with more advanced electronics.

Hence the strong family resemblence.
                              Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                                Although I would prefer a A-29 Super Tucano I would get a AT-6 Wolverine if made available from Freewing.
                                EM, Great Point. And I agree one or the other would be good as long as we're talking 1600mm-1700mm wingspan. Best, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi LB, I'm actually liking that US Navy FMS Pilatus PC-21 a lot. More than a lot actually I bought one yesterday, LOL. Heading over to Harbor Freight to pick me up an air brush right now actually, well on 10 min. All this talk about the T-6, and still no OV-10. What's the world coming too.

Best Regards
                                  Woody

Hey Mate, I have a question for you over in the other thread. W

Comment

Actually the PC-21 is NOT a totally different aircraft. The Raytheon T-6 is a modified Pilatus PC-9.

The PC-21 is just an up-engined PC-9 with more advanced electronics.

Hence the strong family resemblence.
                                    Hey Danger, what kind of Airliner is that you're holding in your hand mate? Did you do that PC-21?

Best Regards
                                    Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Hey Danger, what kind of Airliner is that you're holding in your hand mate? Did you do that PC-21?

Best Regards
                                      Woody
                                      The airliner is an Eflite B777 Super Airliner. Great plane, unfortunately out of production now.

Yes, I did paint the PC-21. You don't need an airbrush, did the whole thing with rattle cans!

Comment

• I can't stress this enough, it is time to do a SAAB aircraft. The SAAB 37 Viggen or 39 Gripen, both fly great as models, think Mirage 2000 but more stable. A Viggen with a correct landing gear and a 80/90 fan would be a great show stopper. Alpha, I promise you will not be disappointed with the high alpha on this one!
                                        And while we are talking about SAAB's developments, why not a T-X? :Cool:

Comment

The airliner is an Eflite B777 Super Airliner. Great plane, unfortunately out of production now.

Yes, I did paint the PC-21. You don't need an airbrush, did the whole thing with rattle cans!
                                          Hey Danger, Ok so I didn't get the airbrush after all, after seeing your post. Would you be kind enough to let me know the color and cans to get? This plane you did fits my mind set perfectly. Simple, beautiful, and functional. The look is awesome. I'm assuming the graphics came from Callie?

I picked up a Wind Rider 737 last month I intend to build later this year. Trying to figure out how to do the finish. I want a Glassy Smooth airliner like finish. Thinking about using a covering film just want to do something to the foam to finish it prior to the covering. Don't want to see any foam finish in this thing if possible. There is a defunked web site for an old company called, "Wow Planes". They have a video for finishing foam prior to applying their stuff called liquid sheeting. So might try that prior to applying my film coating. Really don't want that foam to show thru.

I would have loved to have gotten one of those EFlight Airliners. Timing just wasn't right.

Best Regards
                                          Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X