You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Now that one would be even easier than the B-1, because you could get away with a single 70 mm or greater EDF. You just have to be careful when landing:

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Hey Danger, Ok so I didn't get the airbrush after all, after seeing your post. Would you be kind enough to let me know the color and cans to get? This plane you did fits my mind set perfectly. Simple, beautiful, and functional. The look is awesome. I'm assuming the graphics came from Callie?

I picked up a Wind Rider 737 last month I intend to build later this year. Trying to figure out how to do the finish. I want a Glassy Smooth airliner like finish. Thinking about using a covering film just want to do something to the foam to finish it prior to the covering. Don't want to see any foam finish in this thing if possible. There is a defunked web site for an old company called, "Wow Planes". They have a video for finishing foam prior to applying their stuff called liquid sheeting. So might try that prior to applying my film coating. Really don't want that foam to show thru.

I would have loved to have gotten one of those EFlight Airliners. Timing just wasn't right.

Best Regards
        Woody
        Woody,

I use Rustoleum 2X paint and primer spray paint (available at home depot). Gloss real orange and Gloss white.

When you remove the stock decals you will probably peel up the underlying red paint in places. Dont worry. After you remove the decals, give it two coats of Minwax water based polyurethane. It will seal the paint and build up the surface to hide the decal edges.

Give the whole plane a coat of Gloss white first. Let it dry a least 4 days and then paint the orange.

Use Frogtape yellow delicate surface tape for the masking (also available at home depot). Mask the plane immediately before you paint it and then about 15min after you spray the orange CAREFULLY remove all of the masking, you dont want the paint to dry with the masking tape still on the plane. The total time the masking tape should be on the plane should be less then an hour, that way you wont peel off any of the underlying paint.

I used various decals I had laying around but I'm sure Callie can fix you up. Give the plane another coat of Minwax after you've applied the decals.

Vance
        Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

Hi LB, I'm actually liking that US Navy FMS Pilatus PC-21 a lot. More than a lot actually I bought one yesterday, LOL. Heading over to Harbor Freight to pick me up an air brush right now actually, well on 10 min. All this talk about the T-6, and still no OV-10. What's the world coming too.

Best Regards
          Woody

Hey Mate, I have a question for you over in the other thread. W
          I bought one too Woody!!!! LOL Looked so cool I had to do it!!!! Bought two extra props as well!!! LOL

Comment

• I am curious to know how many of us would like the bigger super scale 2m birds from MotionRC? I know there is a market for the smaller stuff, and I like them big and small, I just don't see many 2m releases. It seems the prop planes stop at 1.6m, and the EDFs 80mm twins are rare (but special).

How many of you guys are in the market for more 2m super scale releases? Yes/No

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

I bought one too Woody!!!! LOL Looked so cool I had to do it!!!! Bought two extra props as well!!! LOL
              Actually the PC-21 has a 5 blade prop and the T6 has a 4 blade prop.

For the prop, I used the 4 blade prop and spinner from the Roc Hobby Strega.

Actually makes the plane faster too because it has more pitch.

Vance
              Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

• YES on the 2m stuff!! YES! :Cool:

Comment

• For me Freewing need to bring out a 90mm swing wing Tornado GR4, this would just be awesome and unprecedented in the EDF market, if not either a Rafale or V3 Typhoon to replace the V2 Eurofighter would be awesome. In terms of Flightline I'd like to see their own BF109 maybe an Emil variant or if not a 2M lancaster would be just wow!

Comment

• Ben, I've not seen a post from you before, so on behalf of myself LOL Welcome to the "Squawk" and is that a FlightLine Spittie? Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I would really like to see them bring back the Eurofighter in EPO foam or just make a run of them as they were in EPS foam, really wouldn't matter to me, I love the looks and how it flies, but if not, I will take a big F-18 in super scale size......................:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben De Vizio View Post
                        For me Freewing need to bring out a 90mm swing wing Tornado GR4, this would just be awesome and unprecedented in the EDF market, if not either a Rafale or V3 Typhoon to replace the V2 Eurofighter would be awesome. In terms of Flightline I'd like to see their own BF109 maybe an Emil variant or if not a 2M lancaster would be just wow!
                        Good ideas, Ben De Vizio. Welcome to Hobby Squawk :)
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

HE'S BACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Happy New Year!!! (heavy sigh of relief)

Comment

• Glad your back friend!

Woody

Comment

Glad your back friend!

Woody
                                Totally concur.........but you forgot to ask him where's the :ov10 LOL
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Totally concur.........but you forgot to ask him where's the :ov10 LOL
                                  +1 Welcome back Alpha! Patiently waiting on my next purchase.........ov10ov10Cool::)

Comment

• Dude, it has been ready to release for two years now... Alpha is just making you wait since you complain about it so much!!!! ;);):)ov10ov10:ov10

Comment

• That was for Charlie DPD!!! LOL

Comment

Dude, it has been ready to release for two years now... Alpha is just making you wait since you complain about it so much!!!! ;);):)ov10ov10:ov10
                                        There has been no complaining..............:Pmaybe some whining :Crying2: so just send me some cheese dammit........... cause it's lunch time :Devil:
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

That was for Charlie DPD!!! LOL
                                          No offense taken Bro! :) I'm with Charlie on this one, although he's been at it longer than I and deserves the first one when it gets here! ;)
                                          IMHO He should be the test pilot and reviewer to announce the release of this awesome bird!:Cool::ov10

Comment

Working...
                                          X