You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's awesome and yes I would! We are lucky to have a Concorde here at the Seattle Museum of Flight. Been through it about 10 times, lol. Nothing would make me happier than a Freewing Concorde with working nose. Twin 80 or 90mm...Sign me up!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• 64MM edf space shuttle...

Comment

• Originally posted by BreakX101 View Post
        64MM edf space shuttle...
        Might as well go big or go home! :)

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• There is some wing loading!!!! Thrust, don't fail me now!!!! :Sweating::P

Comment

• Did somebody say Parasitic Drag!?!?! LOL LOL
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
              Yes, Yes, Yes - This is "FAKE" but I was daydreaming about what could fill that empty page..... :Sleeping:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	690
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	179902
              Shame on you! :Angry: I about hurt my self hurrying to the MRC site to see check it out before I saw it wasn't real..LOL

Comment

• OK well, I'd like to know what is coming. (I know there is something coming!!)

Has there been any hints from the MRC gods lately about what might be next, or are we all just throwing darts in the dark?
                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

I am always amazed with the true iron plated heart and spirit of these pilots that flew something like that for the first time with no ejection possibilities if :Poo: went terribly wrong.
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I am always amazed with the true iron plated heart and spirit of these pilots that flew something like that for the first time with no ejection possibilities if :Poo: went terribly wrong.
                    Actually there were ejection seats on the first shuttle flights.
                    Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

• Didn't know that and I guess Google doesn't know all either;)
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Actually, I saw a video of the Buran set up like this.

Comment

You have to admit it and as much as I love warbirds that would be cool with twin 90mm and a working nose. Got to view them both at the Auto Tech Museum in Germany

Oh Aros, you would love this place..... https://sinsheim.technik-museum.de/

Click image for larger version Name:	Auto Technik (3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.6 KB ID:	179934Click image for larger version Name:	Auto Technik (34).jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.7 KB ID:	179935Click image for larger version Name:	Auto Technik (33).jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.1 KB ID:	179936
                          Can you walk through the Tupolev too?

Comment

• Valkpilot - Yes you can do a walk through. Place has great displays of all eras and a good place for looking at weathering .

Click image for larger version  Name:	Auto Technik (35).jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.5 KB ID:	180063Click image for larger version  Name:	Auto Technik (40).jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.0 KB ID:	180064Click image for larger version  Name:	Auto Technik (53).jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.1 KB ID:	180065

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                              Didn't know that and I guess Google doesn't know all either;)
                              OV10, I know you were just joking, but just so you don't think I was making that up: Could Ejection Seats Have Saved the Columbia Astronauts? By Brendan Koerner

"NASA has, from time to time, added escape devices to its shuttle fleet. For its first four flights, in 1981 and 1982, the Columbia featured ejection seats for the two-man crew. But these were removed as the shuttle crews expanded to five to seven members, and NASA deemed the shuttle safe enough to do without."

Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

• It's funny how different people think about stuff. The space shuttle was piloted by astronauts. Being astronauts I'm thinking they were dare devils to begin with. Honestly when Charley said that, I was thinking about the poor sap that had to fly that modified 747 with that space shuttle affixed to it's back the first time. LOL Unfortunately 747's I don't think have ever had ejection seats.

That space shuttle was a scary proposition from the very beginning. I don't believe it was ever safe to be honest, or as safe as they would like us to think it was. It was a expensive colossal waste of time is what it was. In my opinion at least.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                                  It's funny how different people think about stuff. The space shuttle was piloted by astronauts. Being astronauts I'm thinking they were dare devils to begin with. Honestly when Charley said that, I was thinking about the poor sap that had to fly that modified 747 with that space shuttle affixed to it's back the first time. LOL Unfortunately 747's I don't think have ever had ejection seats.

That space shuttle was a scary proposition from the very beginning. I don't believe it was ever safe to be honest, or as safe as they would like to think it was. It was a expensive colossal waste of time is what it was. In my opinion at least.

Woody
                                  I read somewhere that Werner Von Braun was having a discussion with fellow engineers after the final configuration of the shuttle design was formalized, and he called it a total kluge and an accident waiting to happen. Most engineers agree that solid fuel rockets are a VERY BAD IDEA when it comes to manned space flight. Even the Soviets used liquid fuel boosters on the Buran. And guess what. Those fine friendly people at NASA didn't learn from Challenger and the new SLS will use "improved" shuttle SRBs.

Comment

I have said it before, why not an F9F Panther in a 90mm. FW quality, with Alpha DNA equals no brainer on buying.. only question would be how many.

Click image for larger version Name:	20081129221326.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	179741

Goooooooo NAVY.......
                                    BTW is that the RC Lander version?

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                                      It's funny how different people think about stuff. The space shuttle was piloted by astronauts. Being astronauts I'm thinking they were dare devils to begin with. Honestly when Charley said that, I was thinking about the poor sap that had to fly that modified 747 with that space shuttle affixed to it's back the first time. LOL Unfortunately 747's I don't think have ever had ejection seats.

That space shuttle was a scary proposition from the very beginning. I don't believe it was ever safe to be honest, or as safe as they would like us to think it was. It was a expensive colossal waste of time is what it was. In my opinion at least.

Woody
                                      That's exactly what I was thinking..........the 747 and not the space shuttle;)
                                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

BTW is that the RC Lander version?
                                        No, its a Fiebao turbine. I have been eyeballing this one or the F86 by Sky Master.

I had the RC Lander one and not impressed. Crap foam, paint, structure and overall quality lacking....

Comment

• Today I got into thinking of the Concorde because it was recently spoken of in this very forum. Which led me to think what type of power system would be idea for it. Which next led me to think of another airplane that has been highly requested with a similar engine layout the B1 Lancer. The power system could range from a variety of different setups but ultimately it will be what Freewing and Alpha decide is the ideal setup after a lot of testing. But my conclusion is that what ever power setup works best for the Bone could very likely also work for the Concorde.
                                          So if there were to be a B-1 Lancer model that could increase the chances of there also being a Concord model. Which I am sure would sell well anyways. :Ligthbulb:

Click image for larger version  Name:	B1 and Concorde.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.1 KB ID:	180235

Comment

Working...
                                          X