You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're right both the Bone and Concorde have very similar exhaust ports. It seems obvious that there wouldn't be a quad EDF config (but how cool would THAT be??) likely twin 80s if I had to guess with the potential for 90s...Although that would enter a giant scale class that would likely price it out of the market before it even hit the drawing board. I do believe your theory however if the Bone ever gets made, it would likely open the door for the Concorde. I just fear a working nose mech wouldn't be likely - again due to price point - and it's such an iconic feature of the aircraft. I would still be thrilled to have a Freewing Twin 80mm Concorde even without a functional nose mech and I would do everything in my power to mod one but I am afraid I lack the engineering mod skills of say an RCjetdude.

For both I would predict twin 80mm 9 blades as the most likely setup. Bring it on! :Silly:
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• So Alpha had just shared this link in another thread of this model manufacturer called Aero Tetris. They are kinda of a model kit consisting of foam pieces you glue together. They offer up to 3 sizes of the same model.
      The other cool thing is that they have models of several of the airplanes that many of you have requested on this forum. Which includes my top choice the Saab Viggen.
      It would be interesting to see one of you put one together to see its potential. I was considering getting the 1100mm Viggen model but it seams to be out of stock at the moment.

Here is a short list of what they have:

SR-71
      F4D Skyray
      F20 Tigershark
      Mig-29
      Sabb Viggen
      Sabb Draken
      Sabb Gripen
      Boeing 747
      Airbus A320

Comment

• I highly recommend checking out Aero-Tetris. It's a unique way to build a model aircraft, and it hearkens back to the good ol' days for building something, but with a modern slant on construction and materials. His deltas especially are conducive to his construction method, as it's simpler and limits servo installation, spar/reinforcement complexities, etc. The results can be quite convincing with work, and his model portfolio features, as Evoman said, many less common subjects.

I'm still waiting to see someone tackle that big Mriya!!
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I have eyed up his 747 before, would love to build it as a Shuttle Carrier!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
            So Alpha had just shared this link in another thread of this model manufacturer called Aero Tetris. They are kinda of a model kit consisting of foam pieces you glue together. They offer up to 3 sizes of the same model.
            The other cool thing is that they have models of several of the airplanes that many of you have requested on this forum. Which includes my top choice the Saab Viggen.
            It would be interesting to see one of you put one together to see its potential. I was considering getting the 1100mm Viggen model but it seams to be out of stock at the moment.

Here is a short list of what they have:

SR-71
            F4D Skyray
            F20 Tigershark
            Mig-29
            Sabb Viggen
            Sabb Draken
            Sabb Gripen
            Boeing 747
            Airbus A320

I like your list with three exceptions. Not into airliners, don't like the MiG-29, and since foam and black paint don't go well together I'd substitute the Blackbird's "cover" aircraft, the A-10 Oxcart because it's the same air frame, just silver with black trim that would probably be stickers.

Comment

• I believe the type of foam these are made of would not be as suseptible to gatoring as EPO. Especially if fiberglassed over.

Comment

• A GOOD T-34C Mentor.

A GOOD Piper Seminole twin. ;)

Comment

• Visited the website. Mind blowing how many pieces come into play on some of the larger models.Thanks for sharing this. It would make a good winter project next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

That's exactly what I was thinking..........the 747 and not the space shuttle;)
                    Test aircraft that aren’t equipped with ejection seats, like the C-17, have modified emergency escape routes to bail out.The test versions of the C-17 had basically a “playground slide” that the crew would jump on and slide out a modified hatch on the bottom of the fuselage. At low altitude and critical phases of flight they were screwed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Xtraflyr View Post
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1331.JPG
Views:	819
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	96033 I'd love to see a 6s Hawker Typhoon or Hawker Tempest. I have the smaller Dynam one and it looks awesome in the air. But it's Dynam which I consider the lower brand of foamies.
                      Hey Xtraflyr .... Don't know if you're still around here but I'm really impressed with your Tempest! I was toying with adding a 4 bladed prop but the spinner is keeping me from exploring this.... And your inner gear doors... More info please! Mines coming along but some compromises have been taken.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLTpilot View Post

Hey Xtraflyr .... Don't know if you're still around here but I'm really impressed with your Tempest! I was toying with adding a 4 bladed prop but the spinner is keeping me from exploring this.... And your inner gear doors... More info please! Mines coming along but some compromises have been taken.
                        I doubt that he's still involved here :( According to his profile, last time on here was almost a year ago on 3/10/18
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next? At this point almost anything that isn't a Mustang, Corsair, or Piper Cub variant.

Comment

• Ya know Valk my spidey sense tells me we may have a new super scale FL 1600mm coming soon. Call it a hunch. 8 new Mustangs since the first of the year. Meh, whats 8 or 10 more. LOLAt least we'll have lots, and lots of Mustangs to choose from.

Woody

Ya know we heard some talk about an S-3 Viking. That plane would have been brilliant! But with there choice of planes to produce of late, (although what they have done has been executed brilliantly) I think brilliants in their choice has been utterly lacking. For this reason, I think you can pretty much rule this one out. W

"Sneak Peak", Look at what is on the workbench behind, "Eleanor" in this episode of the Weekly Wrap.

This week besides new items, crash cash and community projects, we have a HK Live event announcement and behind the scenes action from the Durafly Brewster F...

Now that's brilliant! W

Comment

• Looks like a Grumman HU-16 Albatross to me;):Cool:
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                You're right both the Bone and Concorde have very similar exhaust ports. It seems obvious that there wouldn't be a quad EDF config (but how cool would THAT be??) likely twin 80s if I had to guess with the potential for 90s...Although that would enter a giant scale class that would likely price it out of the market before it even hit the drawing board. I do believe your theory however if the Bone ever gets made, it would likely open the door for the Concorde. I just fear a working nose mech wouldn't be likely - again due to price point - and it's such an iconic feature of the aircraft. I would still be thrilled to have a Freewing Twin 80mm Concorde even without a functional nose mech and I would do everything in my power to mod one but I am afraid I lack the engineering mod skills of say an RCjetdude.

For both, I would predict twin 80mm 9 blades as the most likely setup. Bring it on! :Silly:
                                Ya know you & I think a lot alike in some ways. I would love to have a Harrier that looks good and just flies well like an airplane. Yes, it's would be more important to me that the thing flew like a really good ducted fan airplane, and not worry so much about making it hover. Yes, there are some people on the internet that have made hovering Harriers. They all pretty much fly like crap in forward plane mode. But they do hover, well sort of. LOL.

Now if say FW made a Harrier that flew great in the forward plane mode, and did manage to get the main thrust-er ports to rotate near the scale and good scale flaps. They could make some pretty short landings and take offs. Good enough for me, as long as it was a nice scale rendition.

So before someone pipes in here and says. "I'd buy it, but it would have to hover". You're essentially doing with this phrase is saying we all don't want a Harrier. Now since I believe no one is ever going to make a Harrier that hovers, well at least not in my lifetime, or anything we can purchase in a PNP format. This phrase basically tells all the Devs of all the companies to basically stay away from this very cool looking jet because it isn't worth the hassle.

I for one think a Harrier would be a cool looking model, especially if it flew like a good EDF RC plane. Besides, I don't think a Harrier ever shot anything down when it was hovering. A Harrier is a highly maneuverable fix wing, subsonic jet in plane mode. When they shot down those A-4's in the Falkland war they were, in fact, moving not hovering! I think this Jet could be a home run for Motion, especially if it looked and flew well.

Woody

Oh, after an OV-10 of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                  Looks like a Grumman HU-16 Albatross to me;):Cool:
                                  HK does indeed have a new Albatross coming out. Saw it at AMA Expo East. Looked pretty good too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

HK does indeed have a new Albatross coming out. Saw it at AMA Expo East. Looked pretty good too.
                                    If they don't dork it up like other recent things I could see that as my second float plane;)
                                    Keep kicking myself for not grabbing that Value Hobby 1800mm G44 Widgeon a year ago.
                                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Ya know you & I think a lot alike in some ways. I would love to have a Harrier that looks good and just flies well like an airplane. Yes, it's would be more important to me that the thing flew like a really good ducted fan airplane, and not worry so much about making it hover. Yes, there are some people on the internet that have made hovering Harriers. They all pretty much fly like crap in forward plane mode. But they do hover, well sort of. LOL.

Now if say FW made a Harrier that flew great in the forward plane mode, and did manage to get the main thrust-er ports to rotate near the scale and good scale flaps. They could make some pretty short landings and take offs. Good enough for me, as long as it was a nice scale rendition.

So before someone pipes in here and says. "I'd buy it, but it would have to hover". You're essentially doing with this phrase is saying we all don't want a Harrier. Now since I believe no one is ever going to make a Harrier that hovers, well at least not in my lifetime, or anything we can purchase in a PNP format. This phrase basically tells all the Devs of all the companies to basically stay away from this very cool looking jet because it isn't worth the hassle.

I for one think a Harrier would be a cool looking model, especially if it flew like a good EDF RC plane. Besides, I don't think a Harrier ever shot anything down when it was hovering. A Harrier is a highly maneuverable fix wing, subsonic jet in plane mode. When they shot down those A-4's in the Falkland war they were, in fact, moving not hovering! I think this Jet could be a home run for Motion, especially if it looked and flew well.

Woody

Oh, after an OV-10 of course.
                                      There is a good business case for a Harrier if it could at least do short take offs by rotating the thrust nozzles 45 degrees because it would be a very useful feature people with short runways.
                                      It might even be possible for it to do short landings too.
                                      Freewing could even prep the molds for future a model that could be capable of hovering when the necessary tech makes it feasible.
                                      As for the EDF size it might need to be 90mm to provide the necessary thrust.

By the way a full fidelity module of the AV-8B was released for DCS about a year ago if you want experience how it is to fly the real thing in a simulator. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...odules/av8bna/

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

There is a good business case for a Harrier if it could at least do short take offs by rotating the thrust nozzles 45 degrees because it would be a very useful feature people with short runways.
                                        It might even be possible for it to do short landings too.
                                        Freewing could even prep the molds for future a model that could be capable of hovering when the necessary tech makes it feasible.
                                        As for the EDF size it might need to be 90mm to provide the necessary thrust.

By the way a full fidelity module of the AV-8B was released for DCS about a year ago if you want experience how it is to fly the real thing in a simulator. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...odules/av8bna/

Ya know I was looking at that. I have a pretty full plate right now, but if and when I have time, I would love to try this. Evo, do you know if this is VR capable? I just got a Samsung Odyssey, and have a Warthog stick and throttle cluster. I might want to set that up, if I try that.

Woody

Comment

• I don't know what the big deal about making an aircraft do VTOL and hover is. I mean, seriously - my drones do VTOL and hover like champs, with little or no effort at all from me! ;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X