You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
    I don't know what the big deal about making an aircraft do VTOL and hover is. I mean, seriously - my drones do VTOL and hover like champs, with little or no effort at all from me! ;)
    Ya know buddy, you always make me laugh. I haven't touched ether of my drones for about a year and a half. I have an Autel, and a Aton. Batteries are probably shot.
    Need to get those things back up and running, or maybe sell them. LOL

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Ya know buddy, you always make me laugh. I haven't touched ether of my drones for about a year and a half. I have an Autel, and a Aton. Batteries are probably shot.
      Need to get those things back up and running, or maybe sell them. LOL

Woody
      Mine are primarily photography/videography "toys," rather than something I would take to the flying field and fly for the sake of flying (not that we're allowed to fly drones at our field, since we're only about 2 miles off the end of the Marana Municipal Airport runway). I have the DJI Phantom 3 Standard, and the DJI Spark. It amazes me what they can do in such a small aircraft now. I can put either one in a hover, set the controller aside, pick up the DSLR, and take photos of it in flight, without worrying it's going to drift in any axis.

The racing drones take skill to fly, but the photography drones pretty much fly themselves. In fact, with the apps available, they can be programmed to fly a given course, with the camera aimed at a specific point, and the "pilot" can just sit back and wait for the drone to return.

Comment

Mine is primarily photography/videography "toys," rather than something I would take to the flying field and fly for the sake of flying (not that we're allowed to fly drones at our field, since we're only about 2 miles off the end of the Marana Municipal Airport runway). I have the DJI Phantom 3 Standard, and the DJI Spark. It amazes me what they can do in such a small aircraft now. I can put either one in a hover, set the controller aside, pick up the DSLR, and take photos of it in flight, without worrying it's going to drift in any axis.

The racing drones take skill to fly, but the photography drones pretty much fly themselves. In fact, with the apps available, they can be programmed to fly a given course, with the camera aimed at a specific point, and the "pilot" can just sit back and wait for the drone to return.
        Ya know truth be said, that's why I don't really want to sell the Autel. It's a pretty good photo drone that I actually use every once and a while. Just haven't used it in quite a while now. Need to get it out of the case, & assess the batteries.

Woody

Gotta commute TTL

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Ya know I was looking at that. I have a pretty full plate right now, but if and when I have time, I would love to try this. Evo, do you know if this is VR capable? I just got a Samsung Odyssey, and have a Warthog stick and throttle cluster. I might want to set that up, if I try that.

Woody
          Yes, DCS has full VR support and you can map the controls just the way you want them to just about any type of Hotas stick and throttle.
          If you are interested but don't have time right now you can just wait until the spring sale when most modules over a year old are up to 30-40% off. ;)

Comment

I don't know what the big deal about making an aircraft do VTOL and hover is. I mean, seriously - my drones do VTOL and hover like champs, with little or no effort at all from me! ;)
            Other than the cool factor an RC aircraft capable of VTOL would actually be very useful in the RC world . Every time there is a new EDF release one of the most asked questions on these very forums is "will it handle grass" because there are a lot of people that fly at grass airfields.
            An RC Harrier would be one of the very few EDF aircraft that few RC pilots would hesitate in getting because it can be flown just about anywhere without problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

If they don't dork it up like other recent things I could see that as my second float plane;)
              Keep kicking myself for not grabbing that Value Hobby 1800mm G44 Widgeon a year ago.
              It's a good size. Will run on 4S and go for around 4 bills. Supposed to be out in around a month. I'm eyeing it as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

Other than the cool factor an RC aircraft capable of VTOL would actually be very useful in the RC world .
                And, there's VTOL models like the E-flite Convergence that can already do that and work well. They hover nicely and they're EDF fast in airplane mode!

Comment

• I'd like to see an AV8B Harrier WITHOUT VTOL attempted. Just the jet set up for forward flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husafreak View Post
                    I'd like to see an AV8B Harrier WITHOUT VTOL attempted. Just the jet set up for forward flight.
                    I remember a while ago Hobby King selling one like that. I am guessing it did not sell well enough to stay in production.
                    I would not mind seeing a basic Harrier capable of only forward flight but as expensive as it is to develop and produce a new foam model nowadays it would not make a good business case to only make a model such as the Harrier that will only ever be capable of forward flight.
                    If they are going to make the investment I would think it would be wiser to also produce another model that is VTOL capable. Or at least design the molds so that it would allow for VTOL to be integrated later on.

Comment

• Hello everyone. get straight to the point. I would absolutely love to see a McDonnell F-101 Voodoo in ether a single 90mm or twin 80mm fan for the super scale series with the usual bells and whistles (retracts, flaps, flying tail, speed breaks) because I think its such a graceful and beautiful aircraft. it had a long service life and the pilots loved it. there's only been a few scratch built turbine models so I think its time for Freeing and Motion to do another first. Peace
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

I really like your list, except I'd swap an old school MiG-25 in place of the MiG-31. Oh and a Su-17!
                        I highly support that! I would also favour the MiG-25 over the MiG-31. Also speaking in terms of cost, the big wheel main LG of the MiG-25 should be cheaper than the sophisticated two-wheel LG of the MiG-31.
                        Su-17? Absolutely! I'd love the swing-outter-wing!

What about a Su-57?

And of course, don't forget an OV-10!

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

That's not true, Dynam has the P-61 Black Widow and it's all black. No idea how it's holding up for it's owners.
                          As it's a night fighter, I don't have gatoring issues LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Enterprise206 View Post
                            Hello everyone. get straight to the point. I would absolutely love to see a McDonnell F-101 Voodoo in ether a single 90mm or twin 80mm fan for the super scale series with the usual bells and whistles (retracts, flaps, flying tail, speed breaks) because I think its such a graceful and beautiful aircraft. it had a long service life and the pilots loved it. there's only been a few scratch built turbine models so I think its time for Freeing and Motion to do another first. Peace
                            There seems to be quite a bit of a following on here for early jets and the Century Series. Though the Voodoo isoneof the more obscure ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

There seems to be quite a bit of a following on here for early jets and the Century Series. Though the Voodoo isoneof the more obscure ones.
                              That is very true. Most of the older Century jets that are always requested are as follows in the best order I can remember. But the Voodoo has been requested a few times in the past but it also has been the least mentioned.
                              1. F-100 Super Saber
                              2. F-106 Delta Dart
                              3. F-86 Saber (Super Scale)
                              4. F-105 Thunder Chief
                              5. F-101 Voodoo

Comment

• If I don't have a Concorde or B-1 in my hanger within 2 years I am gonna...

Click image for larger version

Name:	60236-istock-182904372.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	183731
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I really do think a B1 Lancer would be a hot seller if FW did one. Not only is it cool looking but it would be the only jet bomber EDF on the market.
                                  I have had the great pleasure to see this majestic bird in person at a past Joint base Andrews air show. It really is that impressive in person.
                                  It will be interesting to see what power systems would be ideal for the B1. After thinking about it I think they could offer a base twin 80mm and an upgraded quad 70mm.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0652.JPG Views:	0 Size:	100.4 KB ID:	183743

Comment

• Like the Concorde, the B-1 has beautiful lines. Very elegant if that's possible, for a bomber. I have no doubt it would be a huge hit, as the Concorde would be. Still crossing my fingers and holding out hope.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Concorde ! Hey Aras....take a look here : https://www.turbines-rc.com/fr/183-concorde
                                      beautiful !no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Piano0412 View Post

I highly support that! I would also favour the MiG-25 over the MiG-31. Also speaking in terms of cost, the big wheel main LG of the MiG-25 should be cheaper than the sophisticated two-wheel LG of the MiG-31.
                                        Su-17? Absolutely! I'd love the swing-outter-wing!

What about a Su-57?

And of course, don't forget an OV-10!
                                        Mig 25 all day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tanguy51 View Post
                                          Concorde ! Hey Aras....take a look here : https://www.turbines-rc.com/fr/183-concorde
                                          beautiful !no?
                                          That thing flew pretty good actually. Thanks for posting the Vid.

Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X