You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

Other than the cool factor an RC aircraft capable of VTOL would actually be very useful in the RC world . Every time there is a new EDF release one of the most asked questions on these very forums is "will it handle grass" because there are a lot of people that fly at grass airfields.
    An RC Harrier would be one of the very few EDF aircraft that few RC pilots would hesitate in getting because it can be flown just about anywhere without problems.
    That would be the best way to fly an EDF from the dock at the cottage. It would be a very cool sight to fly around the lake and land back on the dock. No other jets that fly off water except the big Russian Beriev Be-200...I guess VTOL is hugely power hungry. Probably uses up to half to two-thirds battery power just for hovering and transition. Probably 2, 5000mAh 6S to have a decent flight. Lots of weight...

Comment

• P 39 please, a 1600 mm to go with our Corsairs and Spitfires.

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post

That would be the best way to fly an EDF from the dock at the cottage. It would be a very cool sight to fly around the lake and land back on the dock. No other jets that fly off water except the big Russian Beriev Be-200...I guess VTOL is hugely power hungry. Probably uses up to half to two-thirds battery power just for hovering and transition. Probably 2, 5000mAh 6S to have a decent flight. Lots of weight...
        Actually, before better jet engines and super carriers, there were several: Saunders-Roe SR.A/1, Martin Seamaster, and Convair Seadart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tanguy51 View Post
          Concorde ! Hey Aras....take a look here : https://www.turbines-rc.com/fr/183-concorde
          beautiful !no?
          Indeed! See?? It's totally possible for Freewing to design a Concorde!

My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• How about a Saab J-35 Draken (90mm)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyhound61 View Post
              How about a Saab J-35 Draken (90mm)?
              This plane actually looks pretty cool. Would be a good one to make after that OV-10.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyhound61 View Post
                How about a Saab J-35 Draken (90mm)?
                It would be great to see some FW Saab jets! I personally want to see the AJS-37 Viggen but the Draken would be great.

Not sure if you had seen this earlier post about this company makes several Saab jet kits out of foam pieces. http://www.aerotetris.com/?

Comment

• I'm ready for anything, bring it on..............LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                    I'm ready for anything, bring it on..............LOL
                    Now THAT'S the spirit!! :Cool:

My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Me too! :P:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• T-33, or P-80/F-80 80mm
                        SU-25/SU-35 Twin 70mm, or single 80mm
                        MIG-23 80mm
                        SU-24 80mm
                        Saab Viggen 80/90mm
                        MIG-25/MIG-31 Twin 80/90mm

Just a starting list

I'd buy them all, I am hooked on FW EDF's. I own F-15C 90mm,(God's plane), the 80mm F-86, Mirage 2000 80mm, A-6 80mm, A-4 80mm, F-18 64mm, A-10 Twin 80mm, and I can't stop there, so if they'd make the above list I am a guaranteed buyer!

Comment

It would be great to see some FW Saab jets! I personally want to see the AJS-37 Viggen but the Draken would be great.

Not sure if you had seen this earlier post about this company makes several Saab jet kits out of foam pieces. http://www.aerotetris.com/?

Hey Evo, I just noticed that Banana has a mini Viggen in stock. Be careful with that one.

To be honest the Draken actually kinda trips my trigger. Just like the different sort of look of it. I might need to take a stab at that puzzle plane offering once I get caught up. To be honest I haven't been doing anything but working of late.

Woody

Comment

Hi Evoman,
                            I have seen the Aerotetris way of building an aircraft. Very interesting! I am very intrigued to give it a try building an J-35 Draken 1600mm. FW or FMS 90mm EDF, retracts (FW Venom V2 ?).

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Hey Evo, I just noticed that Banana has a mini Viggen in stock. Be careful with that one.

To be honest the Draken actually kinda trips my trigger. Just like the different sort of look of it. I might need to take a stab at that puzzle plane offering once I get caught up. To be honest I haven't been doing anything but working of late.

Woody
                              I was curious about that Viggen's specs but after checking it out it is way smaller than I thought. I guess I will still be waiting for a FW model or when ever Aerotetris starts selling the 1100mm model again.

Comment

I was curious about that Viggen's specs but after checking it out it is way smaller than I thought. I guess I will still be waiting for a FW model or when ever Aerotetris starts selling the 1100mm model again.
                                There are several sites that have the Drakken as a 64 mm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

There are several sites that have the Drakken as a 64 mm.
                                  I would prefer a Viggen or Drakken in the 70-80mm range. But If FW did a Viggen in a 90mm I would not mind.

Comment

• 1) Replace FMS 1700mm Corsair with FLRC 1600mm Corsair..... Check :corsair
                                    2) Replace FMS 1700mm P-51D with FLRC 1600mm P-51D...... ???? Take my money now!!LOL

3) Sweet scale twin 80 F-18 C......????? :f18 Take my $$$ now!:)

4) Replace FMS 1700mm P-47 D bubble with FLRC 1600mm P-47D Razorback.....????

5) Replace VQ P-40 with FLRC 1600mm P-40.....???? :p40

Comment

• Mod apmech's approach and add to it ;)

5) Replace FMS P-40B with FLRC 1600mm
                                      6) Replace FMS discontinued F6F Hellcat with FLRC 1600mm
                                      7) A FLRC 1600mm P-63 King Cobra
                                      8) But first and foremost is the FLRC 1600mm :ov10 :)
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Hey, has anybody mentioned an OV-10 Bronco? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by TBolt View Post
                                          Hey, has anybody mentioned an OV-10 Bronco? :)
                                          You'd be the first for this evening ;):Cool: Thanx for jumpin on with the :ov10drum corp.....another loud beat of support for Alpha to hear :)
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X