You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyAA View Post
    I’d love to see a new p-51! Standing by for incoming
    Me to. Need to replace my fms 1700mm P-51. She is getting tired looking. I am however printing new leading edge of my flaps, ailerons, elevators and rudder and modifiying whe those control surface mat as well to get that "pocket" hinge look. But if MRC comes out with a new P-51, I can stop my design and print project.:)

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Please Freewing or Fliteline make this guy an OV10 to make him happy!! :)

I actually had a small .50 size OV10 several yrs ago in my nitro burning days, it flew very well on two OS .25 nitro burners. The guy I got it from had to be the best builder ever too, you couldn't see a drop of glue anywhere on it and his camo Monokote job was the best I have ever seen as well, bought it from a Hobby store in Bakesfield, Ca. I wouldn't mind having another one, but electric, those twin OS motors made a mess, they sounded really cool though when I got them humming together. It had a nasty stall though when one engine quit, spiraled down until I shut the other engine down, then it floated down into a vineyard and landed in the middle of the row and flipped over without a scratch on it, so I sold it..............LOL
      speaking of the Bronco, check out Junior:

Comment

• What I would like to see is a F4D Skyray, preferably in 70 mm, but would accept a 64 mm as well. And I still have my fingers crossed for a 70 mm XB-70.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
          I will have to give it some thought for my next EDF jet, got my wanted F-18 so maybe a nice T-2 Buckeye super scale 90mm EDF would be a winner...:):Cool:
          I could very well see a T-2 being a good model that is easy to fly to train new EDF pilots. But I can only see it being feasible if it was in the 70-80mm range to keep it affordable for someone starting out.
          There is nothing enticing about a $400+ trainer jet that they might crash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

I could very well see a T-2 being a good model that is easy to fly to train new EDF pilots. But I can only see it being feasible if it was in the 70-80mm range to keep it affordable for someone starting out.
            Very very good point. I'm pretty much in this bracket. Just restarting, I can fly, but still getting dumb thumbs occasionally. That occasional thing has to pass before I start flying the 1/2K+ models.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

Guys, the T-2 was not much fun to fly full scale. Straight wing with those LOW slung engines, made it super pitch sensitive to power changes. I can't see it being a great edf trainer. :Silly: Besides, I'd have to buy one, and I'm running out of room here!

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

Guys, the T-2 was not much fun to fly full scale. Straight wing with those LOW slung engines, made it super pitch sensitive to power changes. I can't see it being a great edf trainer. :Silly: Besides, I'd have to buy one, and I'm running out of room here!
                Good to know. I guess that leaves the T1 Hawk, Yak 130 and L-39 as the best EDF trainers available for the foreseeable future.
                Freewing could always do a T-45 Gosehawk variant with a smaller than usual investment using the 70mm T1 Hawk platform they already have. I bet it would out sell the Hawk.

Comment

• Sorry if someone has already said this, but I would want a A-7 Corsair II. Then I could have one of every aircraft my dad worked on in the Navy. That would make his day for sure!

Comment

• An A-7 Corsair would be awesome. An F9F Cougar would also be a great addition.

Comment

• Originally posted by HK182 View Post
                      Sorry if someone has already said this, but I would want a A-7 Corsair II. Then I could have one of every aircraft my dad worked on in the Navy. That would make his day for sure!
                      It'd be a rather interesting fleet to have one of every type of aircraft my Dad worked on during his time in the USAF. IIRC, he said he worked F-102, F-106, B-36, and B-52.

I'd have better luck getting models of the aircraft I worked on during my time in the Air Force. The C-141 would top the list, followed by the T-39, C-130, C-5, and I actually worked an F-80/T-33 at an ANG base in Portland, Oregon, a couple of times.

Comment

• Would love to see FW release a YF-23

Comment

• Very cool! Thank you both (and all you vets on here) for your service. My dad started on T-28’s, then A-4’s, F-8’s, F-14’s, A-7’s and then retired with F-18’s. Loved growing up as a navy brat! So just need that A-7 to get made and I could have them all.

Comment

• Originally posted by HK182 View Post
                            Sorry if someone has already said this, but I would want a A-7 Corsair II. Then I could have one of every aircraft my dad worked on in the Navy. That would make his day for sure!
                            Hey, I would take a Corsair ll as well, love the looks of the heavy iron jets..........:Cool:

Comment

• Viper sport jet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                                Viper sport jet.
                                You might take a look at the Avante. It looks just like a Viper. Practically identical. Great flyer too, just like a Viper.

Woody

Comment

• I have it! I just think the viper looks awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                                    Viper sport jet.
                                    I am a sport jet guy and love the 70mm size in them. As much as love the Viper, FMS/Eflite already have theirs being sold under two different names and of course there is the HSD Viper as well. What I would love to see is 70mm 6s Bandit!

Comment

• We are definitely not going to do a Viper any time soon, several already on the market in sizes 55mm/70mm/75mm/90mm/105mm that are just fine. I really like the new scheme on FMS/Eflite's Viper.
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                        We are definitely not going to do a Viper any time soon, several already on the market in sizes 55mm/70mm/75mm/90mm/105mm that are just fine. I really like the new scheme on FMS/Eflite's Viper.
                                        I'm not a fan of these FMS/Eflight Viper's to be honest Alpha. I've owned (3) HSD Vipers. All painted top to bottom, no bare foam. I just couldn't imagine a better-made Viper to be honest. Besides I'm officially boycotting Horizon for anything but maybe spare parts. I'll say this once more. I have nothing but trouble with almost all my Eflight models. They use the cheapest rigging components money can buy, the thinnest control rods, (yes I've had to replace quit a few because the threaded ends break right off when I'm making adjustments). They love to leave tons of bare unpainted foam on almost all their planes. I could go on and on about their crummy quality. So no Eflight Viper for me anytime soon. Besides your Avante jet is almost identical to the Viper. I have one of those new in the box.

Best Regards
                                        Woody

Comment

• What type of paint are people using to Custom paint the foam jets ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X