You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post
    I've been scanning the posts here and a lot of the wishes seem to have come true... like the FlightLine 1600mm Corsair (which I purchased) - BUT my wish would be a good P38 20cc 69.5" ARF and if FlightLine could keep the detail and quality recipe they have with their new 1600mm Corsair I'm in! Unfortunately, FL's current P38 1600mm Lightning is ok but falls short in terms of having the same level of detail and quality finish their Corsair has but hey, that's just me.
    I like the VQ P38 silver lightning https://vqwarbirds.com/product/vq-p-...6-epgp-silver/ but they're above my pay grade :Scared:
    From what others have said here it seems like the Flightline P-38 is still the best flying P-38 available which should be the most important feature. Any model can be customized to look highly detailed if someone is willing to put in the work. But it is a lot harder to make a great looking model with a bad design fly well.

Comment

• I realized something the other day, when I saw a picture of this plane online somewhere. Really can't remember where. But the picture was a bit stirring, for me. It was a picture of a. "Republic XF-84H Thunderscreech". Yea this is a Unicorn if there ever was one. Some say this was the loudest plane ever built. Well at least the ones that heard it run seemed to think so. Here is the link to read up on it, "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republ...Thunderscreech".

If you read up on it, I'll tell you this. Strangely enough I think this as a propeller model might make a pretty good flying model. LOL This thing actually had a Propeller, Jet Thrust from the rear, and an After burner. The propeller tips were continuously breaking the speed of sound, so to say it was thundering while idling is an understatement. So with that I'll leave you to this test pilots graceful words.

"You aren't big enough and there aren't enough of you to get me in that thing again" Lin Hendrix (test pilot) 1955.

Image result for XF-84H_Thunderscreech

Best Regards
      Woody

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	188334 That's cool Woody. Maybe if someone released an F-84 Thunder Streak, you could mod your way to that early un-ducted fan X plane. I think an F-84 would make a great EDF model.
        Think I'd rather have one of these, XA2D-1 Skyshark. Go Navy!

Comment

• Nice!!! Thanks Geek!

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
            I realized something the other day, when I saw a picture of this plane online somewhere. Really can't remember where. But the picture was a bit stirring, for me. It was a picture of a. "Republic XF-84H Thunderscreech". Yea this is a Unicorn if there ever was one. Some say this was the loudest plane ever built. Well at least the ones that heard it run seemed to think so. Here is the link to read up on it, "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republ...Thunderscreech".

If you read up on it, I'll tell you this. Strangely enough I think this as a propeller model might make a pretty good flying model. LOL This thing actually had a Propeller, Jet Thrust from the rear, and an After burner. The propeller tips were continuously breaking the speed of sound, so to say it was thundering while idling is an understatement. So with that I'll leave you to this test pilots graceful words.

"You aren't big enough and there aren't enough of you to get me in that thing again" Lin Hendrix (test pilot) 1955.

Best Regards
            Woody
            Actually, the XF=84H only had ONE propeller, this has EIGHT:

Comment

• I'll be incredibly happy with my new Freewing 90mm EDF F-18C. However, in the future I'd love to see a MiG-29/35 and/or Su-27/35.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Actually, the XF=84H only had ONE propeller, this has EIGHT:
                The Bear!!! 1/10th scale.... A monster for sure... ;):Cool: 22 ft. WS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Two different Med cruises on the Nimitz had the Bears flying over us.
                  First time when Phantoms were on board and the second time with Tomcats.
                  Can you say "Launch the Alert Fives" ;)
                  Those turbo Contra props weren't all that loud when they came cruising over top with our 2 birds in the camera view but then again they were just poking along to peek longer :P
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

The late B.B. Weber and his crew did an OUTSTANDING job on his HUGE TU-95 Bear. I actually got to see it, it is truly a work of art. I cannot imagine the man hours, money and patience it took to build that thing.

EAA# 1366802
                    AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by CVA59 View Post

The late B.B. Weber and his crew did an OUTSTANDING job on his HUGE TU-95 Bear. I actually got to see it, it is truly a work of art. I cannot imagine the man hours, money and patience it took to build that thing.
                      No Kidding! Makes you wonder how many Aero engineers ended up in Siberia until they got the CRP to function properly! Hell, they probably just stole the 4-prop CRP design from Howard Hughes who did it with his XF-11 Spy plane almost 10 years earlier! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

No Kidding! Makes you wonder how many Aero engineers ended up in Siberia until they got the CRP to function properly! Hell, they probably just stole the 4-prop CRP design from Howard Hughes who did it with his XF-11 Spy plane almost 10 years earlier! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
                        Isn't that the truth! :Cool:

EAA# 1366802
                        AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

I realized something the other day, when I saw a picture of this plane online somewhere. Really can't remember where. But the picture was a bit stirring, for me. It was a picture of a. "Republic XF-84H Thunderscreech". Yea this is a Unicorn if there ever was one. Some say this was the loudest plane ever built. Well at least the ones that heard it run seemed to think so. Here is the link to read up on it, "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republ...Thunderscreech".

Best Regards
                          Woody
                          Here's some video of the Thunderscreech in flight. Some interesting info from the narrator.

Comment

• Thanks, Hoomi, I watched it. I grew up in Bakersfield Ca. The Bakersfield airport had one of these things standing on a pedestal for 20 or 30 years at the drive-in entry of the airport. When I was 6 years old and past it on the way in, I just saw an airplane. At 11 or 12 I started to think, what sort of plane is that, LOL. Then when I finally started to fly I realized it was a prototype with only two made. Later I heard they had taken it down and sent it to an air museum. When I saw a picture of it a few weeks back I just thought wow, that's my plane, LOL. I literally grew up with that plane. Brought back a lot of memories. It's truly a Unicorn.

Best Regards
                            Woody

Comment

Thanks, Hoomi, I watched it. I grew up in Bakersfield Ca. The Bakersfield airport had one of these things standing on a pedestal for 20 or 30 years at the drive-in entry of the airport. When I was 6 years old and past it on the way in, I just saw an airplane. At 11 or 12 I started to think, what sort of plane is that, LOL. Then when I finally started to fly I realized it was a prototype with only two made. Later I heard they had taken it down and sent it to an air museum. When I saw a picture of it a few weeks back I just thought wow, that's my plane, LOL. I literally grew up with that plane. Brought back a lot of memories. It's truly a Unicorn.

Best Regards
                              Woody
                              According to one of the comments under that video, the plane that was on display in Bakersfield had been flown there when the test pilot suffered ill-effects from the prop noise, and made an emergency landing there, rather than continue flying back to Edwards AFB. The post states the USAF didn't retrieve the aircraft for so long, that the airport put it on display, until it was finally reclaimed for its historical significance and sent to the National Air and Space Museum.

I wonder if that was the same flight that led to the quote from the test pilot?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

According to one of the comments under that video, the plane that was on display in Bakersfield had been flown there when the test pilot suffered ill-effects from the prop noise, and made an emergency landing there, rather than continue flying back to Edwards AFB. The post states the USAF didn't retrieve the aircraft for so long, that the airport put it on display, until it was finally reclaimed for its historical significance and sent to the National Air and Space Museum.

I wonder if that was the same flight that led to the quote from the test pilot?
                                Well, I think this is interesting stuff. Could be. You know I can say I had never seen a static display plane quite like this one. Over the years I examined it closely. I practically lived at the airport there. That thing had everything in it! Meaning the Engine, Pilot seat, etc. It very well could have been the plane.

Woody

Interesting stuff, thanks for the feedback mate.

Comment

• I would like to see more jets that not only look sharp but most importantly have a unique flying capability. One of these jets is the Blackburn Buccaneer. It was designed to easily glide over land at low altitudes. What other jets would you recommend with unique flying capability?
                                  The Viggen has been at the top of my list mostly because of its unique flight capabilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                                    I would like to see more jets that not only look sharp but most importantly have a unique flying capability. One of these jets is the Blackburn Buccaneer. It was designed to easily glide over land at low altitudes. What other jets would you recommend with unique flying capability?
                                    The Viggen has been at the top of my list mostly because of its unique flight capabilities.

The FB-111, B-52, B-1B and B-2 all utilize TFR of one form or another and would make ideal models with the exception of the B-2, due to it's color. But I do endorse either the Viggen or Buckaneer in the interest of increasing the international flavor of MRC's line-up. On a side note, do you know what pirates charge for ear piercings?

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

The FB-111, B-52, B-1B and B-2 all utilize TFR of one form or another and would make ideal models with the exception of the B-2, due to it's color. But I do endorse either the Viggen or Buckaneer in the interest of increasing the international flavor of MRC's line-up. On a side note, do you know what pirates charge for ear piercings?
                                      Ya know Valk ole buddy. I like the Viggen, the Buckaneer, and especially the Drakken. I like them all a lot, would love to have one. Unfortunate part is I really couldn't endorse either of them. When I recommend a plane to MRC, "WHICH THEY ALWAYS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY IGNORE CONTINUALLY". I usually try to recommend something that is pretty certain to put them in the black from a business prospective. Please don't confuse the possibility that these three planes may in fact be winners I'm ignorant too, trust me they're are plenty I don't know about. I'm pretty certain the L-39 was a big hit for MRC, and I didn't have a clue. LOL

Two planes jump out at me. First did anyone notice how fast the DC-3's sold out over at HK. All Gone! This might just stimulate a little thought on the MRC's model selection Zars. But believe it or not I'm not recommending a C-47. What I am recommending is a C-46. Doesn't take a marketing genius to figure this one out. The other thing I would hang my hat on is the A-7, and the F-8. Someone out there should have a large version of these planes. In Woody's books they're guaranteed winners! MONEY MAKING WINNERS!

I have given some serious thought to the model selection crew over at MRC of late. I'm convinced they're more interested in making the models, "THEY LIKE, and want to see", instead of making models that are guaranteed to be popular money makers. But it's their game and I respect it.

Last thing I say, is I'm pretty sure this thread is simply a forum for us members to visit and calibrate. Nothing more. MRC could never derive a new model from here by suggestions. We're crazier than a box of frogs here. No consensus what so ever, even in the slightest. Many people suggest planes here that could never logically be produced. Impossible planes, lol.

Then they're is the lets redo the old classic's crowd. Doesn't matter that they're 40 other model companies making them, none of them are good enough. It needs to be a flightLine of FreeWing. Basically it's fun to visit here in this thread, LOL but that's all it is.

OKAY! I've rambled on enough this morning, I hope everyone has a great Saturday. For me, it's the first day in about 3 weeks I haven't had to work, so I'm all good.

Woody

Comment

Ya know Valk ole buddy. I like the Viggen, the Buckaneer, and especially the Drakken. I like them all a lot, would love to have one. Unfortunate part is I really couldn't endorse either of them. When I recommend a plane to MRC, "WHICH THEY ALWAYS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY IGNORE CONTINUALLY". I usually try to recommend something that is pretty certain to put them in the black from a business prospective. Please don't confuse the possibility that these three planes may in fact be winners I'm ignorant too, trust me they're are plenty I don't know about. I'm pretty certain the L-39 was a big hit for MRC, and I didn't have a clue. LOL

Two planes jump out at me. First did anyone notice how fast the DC-3's sold out over at HK. All Gone! This might just stimulate a little thought on the MRC's model selection Zars. But believe it or not I'm not recommending a C-47. What I am recommending is a C-46. Doesn't take a marketing genius to figure this one out. The other thing I would hang my hat on is the A-7, and the F-8. Someone out there should have a large version of these planes. In Woody's books they're guaranteed winners! MONEY MAKING WINNERS!

I have given some serious thought to the model selection crew over at MRC of late. I'm convinced they're more interested in making the models, "THEY LIKE, and want to see", instead of making models that are guaranteed to be popular money makers. But it's their game and I respect it.

Last thing I say, is I'm pretty sure this thread is simply a forum for us members to visit and calibrate. Nothing more. MRC could never derive a new model from here by suggestions. We're crazier than a box of frogs here. No consensus what so ever, even in the slightest. Many people suggest planes here that could never logically be produced. Impossible planes, lol.

Then they're is the lets redo the old classic's crowd. Doesn't matter that they're 40 other model companies making them, none of them are good enough. It needs to be a flightLine of FreeWing. Basically it's fun to visit here in this thread, LOL but that's all it is.

OKAY! I've rambled on enough this morning, I hope everyone has a great Saturday. For me, it's the first day in about 3 weeks I haven't had to work, so I'm all good.

Woody
                                        While it's probably not your cup of tea, E-Do does make the Drakken in three different color schemes, and with a PNP or an ARF+ version. The thing that you won't like is they're fixed gear 64 mm, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Comment

• Here is a great video of how well an RC Buccaneer would fly. Unfortunately this beauty which the owner spent 5 winters building had a malfunction and met its demise. Had it been a foam plane he could had just ordered new parts and had it rebuilt and flight worthy in a lot shorter time. Even if your the greatest RC pilot in the world all it takes is one glitch to see all that invested time go down into a scrap pile.

Comment

Working...
                                          X