You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my list:

Freewing

F-106 Delta Dart - Single 90mm (or 80mm if done in a "90" size like the Mig-21 and A-4)
    F-4 Phantom - Twin 80mm please!
    F-22 Raptor - Also twin 80mm please!
    F-105 Thud - 90mm, or "90" size 80mm
    F-100 Super Saber - 90mm, or "90" size 80mm
    Panavia Tornado - Twin 80mm super scale like the F-14
    A-26 Dragonfly/T-37 Tweet - Single 80mm

FlightLineRC

1600mm F4U Corsair
    1600mm Wildcat with scale articulating gear
    1600mm Hellcat (might as well round out the Cats, right?)
    1600mm Hawker Hurricane
    1600mm Fw-190 Dora
    1600mm Do-335
    2000mm or larger B-29 Superfortress
    2000mm or larger B-24 Liberator

I don't want much. ;)
    Pat

Comment

A twin 70mm Phantom please......
      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

A nice F-84 E/G would do nicely.
        Victor

Comment

I'll sound like a broken record here, but minds well LOL. Since I'm into EDF's more, here's my non exhaustive list of 80/90mm military EDF jets that I'd like to see (although some may require smaller EDF units because of the sheer size of the jet for a scale look):

- F-22
          - F-100
          - F-18C
          - SR-71
          - B-1
          - F-117
          - F-106
          - F-4
          - T-33
          - F-35
          - T-38
          - Mig-29
          - Mig-15
          - Rafale
          - Gripen

Comment

I know they been done before but we need to get flightline and freewing to make some decent versions of the classics.
            so I'm after a nice reliable corsair, MiG 15/17 and a super sabre F100

Comment

T2 buckeye f100 would be nice

Comment

A BIG F22 raptor or YF23 OR.......BOTH! a nice size (50ish inch wing span) F9F would be great but, why oh why dont we have a twin 80mm blackbird????????? All of course with cnc retracts, lights, maybe some bomb bays and if you wanna through thrust vectoring on the f22 is would be pretty easy since it only operates on one axis (or a mixed for pitch and roll).

Comment

A big 1600 or 1700mm fw-190

Comment

I keep thinking of more!! A FLRC DO 335 would be awsome too. I dont think anyone is making one of those right now.

Comment

There are a lot of great planes suggested but my heart is with the F9F Panther or the Cougar in a 90mm navy livery....
                      Already a 64 so why not add a few more mm's to make a real presence on the radar....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nickc2023 View Post
                        A BIG F22 raptor or YF23 OR.......BOTH! a nice size (50ish inch wing span) F9F would be great but, why oh why dont we have a twin 80mm blackbird????????? All of course with cnc retracts, lights, maybe some bomb bays and if you wanna through thrust vectoring on the f22 is would be pretty easy since it only operates on one axis (or a mixed for pitch and roll).
                        I was just thinking of SR-71 today because someone else had recommended it on this thread before. The thing about the SR-71 "Blackbird" was the nature of its very design intended for long-range, Mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance aircraft designed to fly high, fast and in a straight line to its destination and back. So its design would not make it the best for flying back and forth at and RC filed where it could only go so fast before it had to be turned around on a wide turn I would image at a reduced speed before it got out of sight. Most of the videos I have seen of RC turbine SR-71's are flown around at a medium paced cruise speed so they can turn with ease.
                        However it would be a good choice if it came equipped with a long range FPV system that would allow it time and distance to build up speed in theory, but then again it would probably be limited by its low battery flight time.

The F-22 on the other hand would be a great aircraft for RC flying that was designed to fly tight maneuvers. It can even execute short take off's with its thrust vectoring.

Comment

Guys,
                          I would love to see the F-105 Thunderchief! It represents the culmination of "Century Series" fighter design. Everything about it, from its graceful lines, to its size and war record are epic. I would often gaze at it for inspiration during my tenior at the USAF Academy. If this project is selected, please treat it with respect by using the real world gear placement that gave it its menacing stance. Modified FMS style rotating gear would accomplish this.

Thanks for for your consideration!

Comment

HORTON 229!!!!!!!!!!!! TAPER WING WACO!!!!! Doc

Comment

Originally posted by Arcangel View Post
                              These are my thoughts for the jets and EDF side that would be good for a market stand point:

1) 80mm Mig-15 { to play tag with the F-86s }

2) TWIN 80mm F-4 Phantom II { to hunt down all the Mig-21s }

3) 90mm F-100 Super Saber { It's iconic and deserves it }

4) 90mm F-18 Hornet { we want a good flying plane with out the gimmics }

5) 90mm Hawker Hunter { the Dehavilland Venoms are lonely and want friends }

The following I would call for as a specialty aircraft that would have some " Cool " factor and bring a unique flare to the company product line: :Cool:

6) 90mm Panavia Tornado OR EF-111 Raven { both are so majestic in their own right }

7) TWIN 70mm Gloster Meteor { the ME262 was first in show..... it's about time to have the second come up to the stage }

8) 90mm Republic F-105 Thunder Chief { it's a Thud..... enough said }

9) 90mm Sepecat Jaguar { because it is that bad-ass }

10) TWIN 70mm OR 80mm Mig-29 { because we are tired of redesigning the other guy's kit and want one we can just fly } :)
                              +1 especially #4 and #9
                              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Originally posted by TBolt View Post
                                A nice F-84 E/G would do nicely.
                                Victor
                                Good one Victor! We need a Northrop F-89D to go with it. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                                  Good one Victor! We need a Northrop F-89D to go with it. ;)
                                  I've thought about an F-89 but might be hard to pull off without losing it's looks with those small intakes/exits. Besides, it was a bit of a dog to begin with. T-2B has nearly the same airframe look and configuration but that might look cool and serve as a great EDF trainer. Especially with it's colors.

Comment

Since we already have an A-4, how about a TA-4 to go with it? Seems to me that it would be low cost to produce since the A-4 is done. (The TA-4 looks better than the A-4 in my opinion).
                                    If not, then how about a T-2?
                                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

I second the motion to create an RC Swedish Viggen...with the proprietary green splinter camo, as noted in the pic above of course! Being a former Army anti aircraft Vulcan gunner, I used to see these and many other NATO Air Force jets buzzing around, as I tracked them in my sights for practice...no rounds uploaded and gun switch off of course! LOL! A SAAB Draken would ALSO be cool too! The Swedes are a force to be reckoned with if you mess with them...they ARE modern Vikings after all...VIKINGS!

Comment

90mm F4 phantom2 Someone needs to do it right!

Comment

Originally posted by Pencon View Post
                                          90mm F4 phantom2 Someone needs to do it right!
                                          It would have to be a Twin 80mm to really do it right. One of the F-4 main capabilities was its powerful engines that gave it the advantage to power out of any situation that was not going its way in a dogfight.
                                          So having big power is just part of the whole F-4 Phantom experience. Check out this video to hear a former F-4 Pilot describe the Phantoms power.
                                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62fI...utu.be&t=8m40s

Here is another good pilot interview that now flys the F-4 that belongs to the Collins foundation.

Air Force Vet Lends Expertise To Team MS760 Program -- When He's Not Herding An F-4 Through The Skies!As previously noted, the skies of Oshkosh 2010 were the...

Comment

Working...
                                          X