Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next big jet from Freewing

I would like to see freewing do a twin 80mm F18. That would be awesome

No frills 90mm F-18C will do me just fine .. Definitely decent struts compared to the outgoing one.. Front struts like the Stinger90 would be great for us Grass flyers..No VT .. Lighting package & that's it.. Plenty of Battery space so 8s or larger can be accommodated..;):Cool:

Comment

It would need gear doors though. You can't have a nice clean Blue Angel with ugly tires hanging out. Some nice scale sruts on the mains would make it nice and tough, even for grass. Definitely agree on no TV for sure!

Comment

I hope they continue with the 80mm units. The hornet would be amazing on twin 80's. These 80mm power systems have the right combination of thrust to weight, run time on our present batteries, and price.
        Personally I would like a Panther, Cougar (two seat trainer please), A-7 SLUF, F-4 Rhino, F-101 Voodoo, F-100 Hun, Jaguar, or Viggen. Although I am partial to US Navy types.
        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

From previous posts on the Squawk, there seems to be a consensus that Freewing is probably working on an F4 Phantom. That would be very cool, but if they made it a twin 80mm it would most likely be towards the high end like the F14 and the Warthog (like around $600). That's a lot of money but personally I'm really not going to be interested in a smaller F4 or a single-engine version. The Phantom was a beast and it the model needs to be a beast as well. I mean if they do it, do it right!

F18 doesn't excite me much, its too mainstream. A big one would be very cool though.
          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

I would buy a twin 80mm F4 in a heart beat.

Comment

reds radio control here in the UK are teasing a Freewing BAE Hawk with details supposedly coming tomorrow.

Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra
              Unflyable: Durafly Sea Vixen, Parkzone T28 (In temporary storage in tree)
              Retired: Hobbyzone Delta Ray 'Frankenplane'
              Wanted: Freewing A4

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbobtheflimbob View Post
                reds radio control here in the UK are teasing a Freewing BAE Hawk with details supposedly coming tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/RedsRadioCo...zvSz_M&fref=nf
                It's likely the FMS BAE Hawk 80mm EDF Jet that was newly released for Pre-order.

I sure hope Freewing doesn't release that as they already released a 90mm T-45 not all that long ago. I would think money would be much better spent on a different airframe.

Comment

Too late TC, check out coming soon planes at MRC.

Comment

I saw that! Ha-ha. Now we have a 70mm, 80mm, and 90mm T-45/Hawk variations on the market by Freewing and FMS. I posted the video in a different thread. They have two color schemes, red and gray.

Comment

Just catching up to that thread also. A little slow, too much cough syrup ;)

Comment

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Checkmate View Post
                          I would buy a twin 80mm F4 in a heart beat.
                          +1

Comment

Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                            From previous posts on the Squawk, there seems to be a consensus that Freewing is probably working on an F4 Phantom. That would be very cool, but if they made it a twin 80mm it would most likely be towards the high end like the F14 and the Warthog (like around $600). That's a lot of money but personally I'm really not going to be interested in a smaller F4 or a single-engine version. The Phantom was a beast and it the model needs to be a beast as well. I mean if they do it, do it right!

F18 doesn't excite me much, its too mainstream. I big one would be cool though.
                            You are one of the few people that has really understood the concept of why the F-4 Phantom should be done right if its going to be done. The Phantom was not the most maneuverable jet but it made up for it with its big raw power that allowed it to power out of trouble fast. So twin 80mm should do just fine to deliver that scale performance that is just part of the F4 Phantom experience.

Freewing could always do a smaller Phantom and they would both sell well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F-4 Phantom 10.jpg Views:	1 Size:	96.8 KB ID:	97941

Comment

I have purchased nearly all of the Freewing jets from MRC. A twin 80mm F-4 HAS to be done, it's the most logical choice.

Although a single 90mm would work fine, and does so in the twin nozzle F-15, F-18, and EF-2000, the batteries are almost always hotter than I care for after flight. The F-14 is superb in every way possible. Separate batteries for each 80mm EDF is ideal. Flight time is relatively excellent and batteries are never hot, much cooler than after 90mm flying. I use Turnigy Heavy Duty 5000mah batts @ 870 grams per and the extra weight really jet makes the jet an awesome tracker with much momentum. I could easily see a twin F-4 performing similarly. The jet could be a little larger than F-14 and weigh less without all of the F-14 swing wing metal.

Premium jet? Absolutely ...... with the potential to be the best EDF foamy ever made.

Honestly, the 80mm series has been great but the absence of gear doors, lighting, and slightly floaty characteristics kind of make me think these jets are just OK and obviously not reaching their full potential. I would really dislike a single 80mm, floaty F-4 with no gear doors, no lighting. That would be disappointing. A single 90mm would be a bit better if lighting was included but still not ideal.

I like a heavier feeling, ride on rails jet and would love to see the FW F-4 be that jet.........not a floaty like offerings from Fly-fly or Banana........that would be such a wasted opportunity.

IMO, a premium FW jet is a good thing once in a while............

Comment

I would like a 80-90mm F-5 but in the same scale as the freewing Mig-21 or A-4... or a twin 80mm SU-47 or maybe a B-1 Lancer
                                Last edited by spy; Sep 23, 2017, 09:52 PM. Reason: added comment

Comment

Well they have to stay in business. And it seems the smaller, simpler, cheaper stuff is where the money is at. Like you guys I would like to see a premium jet. But one that can blast out of a rough runway.
                                  The 80mm series is awesome for our grass field. Having plenty of power, they are scale looking, light weight, and have trailing link struts. They just need lights to be perfect in my opinion. They don't sound as good as the 90mm jets.
                                  However I will forgo a little sound for great flying qualities.

Back on subject, I would like to see an 80mm T-38, or maybe an F-20 Tigershark.
                                  Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

My vote is for a twin 80 or single 90 F-22. I like the little 64 mm version they already have but it's lacking in retracts and decent presence in the air.
                                    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post

You are one of the few people that has really understood the concept of why the F-4 Phantom should be done right if its going to be done. The Phantom was not the most maneuverable jet but it made up for it with its big raw power that allowed it to power out of trouble fast. So twin 80mm should done just fine to deliver that scale performance that is just part of the F4 Phantom experience.

Freewing could always do a smaller Phantom and they would both sell well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F-4 Phantom 10.jpg
Views:	2808
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	97941
                                      10-4.
                                      What a cool picture, it just screams power and strength and "Comin' through, get the hell out of the way".
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

How about an F101 Voodoo for something different. I have never seen one offered from anyone and they are super cool. Heck will all need to have some fun with the "pitch up" tendencies of the F101

Comment

Working...
                                        X