You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its messed up but I was glad it crashed.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its messed up but I was glad it crashed.

There I am at the field which I am a member of on a quiet lonely afternoon w my son. Testing, tuning on one of the airplanes first maiden. Next thing someone pulls over and we thought they were going to watch or sell, because thats usually the case.

This guy takes out a edf seemed to be HK F-16 70mm. I know he is not part of the club, but sometimes we get one or two who are testing the field and who knows become members at some point.

So am almost ready to fly my Eflite after its maiden flight, and this guy does not introduce himself, he acts as if he owns the field, throws his jet in the air and doing laps like pylon racing. Super low close passes and right when I was going to ask him his AMA number and his membership card w the club, he landed it. I let it go and went my way tweaking mine ready for take off, and once again he comes out w a prop foamie nice Corsair. By now I am staring at him to see what he is going to do and throws the plane in the air, stalls and nose down straight into the ground and before I could even break a laugh it was in pieces.

As messed up as it may sound, I was glad for been a jerk and showing up to the field and does not say a word. The norm is to demark a section of the sky if flying at different formats, skill levels, nitro vs electric, gliders and so on. He care less, and he was not even part of the club.

Put all the foam parts in a box, all his stuff on the trunk and took off, and I spoke while he left a loud what a jerk...

I consulted w some of the senior members and nobody recognizes him and I have been given the green light that if he comes back and has no credentials I can kick him out of the park.

G'day crankestein,
    This seems to be a problem the world over and it has some tricky legal problems.
    Does you field have a secure location. In other words is it fenced and gated with locks?
    In Australia, if the field is secure, and the club has permission from the landowner to be flying there, then the club is deemed to be the landholder for the duration of the event, be it a club day or other event. Therefore we have the legal right to call the Police and have the person removed for trespass. [You do have to ask them to leave first and if they refuse, the next thing is a phone call to the Police.]
    We have signage at the front gate stating who can fly at out field and due to that we can enforce the policy.
    I have come across people flying at our field against the regulations and have politely asked them to fly to the rules or leave only to be told to get #@#$%.
    The next thing I did was to ask them to leave. Same result. Next thing, directly in front of the persons involved was to call the Police.
    The Police removed them and they faced trespass charges and failing to obey a Police order to leave.
    I do not know how the law works in your neck of the woods but be very careful about kicking anybody out. They might have a side arm.
    I mean, you are dealing with someone who is very arrogant and, by the sound of it, a pig.
    I understand just how you feel about the situation and I can see your take on why you are glad it happened to the person involved. I would have laughed at him here. not much chance of getting shot.
    Our field is close to the local airport that handles a number of flights a day and we have special permission to fly where we are. One fool, be it a club or not, could ruin the great set up we have.
    While I agree with you, be very careful!!
    Regards and respect
    Daryl

Comment

Working...
    X