X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery size 14.8 , 4cell ?

I have this plane and it says it requires a 14.9 v 4 cell battery. Can I use a 11.2 v , 3 cell battery instead? Would that hurt the motor or electronics?
    RocHobby Voodoo P-51 High Speed 1070mm (42") Wingspan.

Welcome to Hobby Squawk Dalberda! The 3S battery won't hurt the plane but it may not be enough power to suit the plane.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

This plane is probably more Plane than I can handle right now at full power so that's ok. I have a safe receiver in it so that uses the channels for flaps and landing gear so I can't use them. I have 11.2 v 3 cell batteries and want to fly it without damage it.

Comment

To make the plane more beginner friendly, since you can't use the flaps, lock them down about 10 degrees. This setting will mainly act to have the center portion of the wing stall before the wingtips for take-off and landing approaches.

Gear down and mild flaps is one of the late stages used in the Hanger 9 PTS (Progressive Trainer System) P-51, before moving to full functional war-bird status.

Note: you can't depend on servo resistance to hold the flaps in position without the servos getting power and a position command out of the RX. So you'll need to pin them in place in some manner that you can undo easily when you want them to function or you want them in the up position.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

If you fly with others, it may be a good idea to have a more experienced pilot fly it first with the 3S battery, as flying an aircraft with just enough power to take off can be a handful, since it is always near the point of stalling. If he gives the OK, then fly it that way.

Comment

Working...
          X