X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greyhound Package Express

Wanted to bring this to everyone's attention because most likely a majority of modelers are like me and are totally unaware of this.

Just bought a 92" w/s ASM A-26 that was located in the southern tip of Texas. The shipping cost was incumbent on the buyer as usual.
    To get a 68"x20"x15" box that weighed 25 lbs shipped to upstate NY by UPS or FedEx was quoted by both for about $160 :Scared:
    A friend of mine who happens to be known as Twowingtj on this forum and who also happens to captain a local giant scale club near me and has experience in getting large birds delivered recommended to me that I should check out the Greyhound shipping service. I went online, googled Greyhound and In less than 5 minutes I had the info I needed to pass onto the seller along with the shipping cost of $60. So besides the HUGE $100 savings on shipping expenses the package took only three days from TX to NY during a holiday weekend. I went to the bus station this morning after seeing that it had arrived via the tracking number provided and was courteously given my package that was in the best condition especially for something this large and heavy.
    I will not hesitate to use this Greyhound Package Express service again for a large package. Give it a try;)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Thanks for the shout out Warbird. Glad to help. It has saved me a lot of money on shipping and always arrived safely. Still pays to pack well though.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
      Thanks for the shout out Warbird. Glad to help. It has saved me a lot of money on shipping and always arrived safely. Still pays to pack well though.
      You're undeniably right and the seller did that VERY well also ;) Thanx again for the tip Tony
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks for this. Sometimes, I also have a need to ship large dimension, but not necessarily heavy, motorcycle parts, and this gives me another resource.

Comment

Wow that’s fantastic I will investigate that.

Comment

Working...
          X