X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Battery - One EDF - One Propeller Plane

Here's a riddle for you -If you only had one battery to fly both planes, what edf and what propeller airplane would you choose to bring to the field? Example, choices for a 3 cell, 2200 mAh battery would be the Freewing Stinger 64 (3s version) and the RocHobby Staggerwing. Stuck at a lame party, bored, and looking for something to think about...

3S 5000 mah X4 packs in series-parallel for 6S 10000 mah, Freewing F-14.(I built the series-parallel Y to plug in the packs this way)

3S 5000 mah X4 packs in 2 sets of series for 6S 5000 per side in Top Flite B-25 conversion to electric.

3S 5000 mah X4 packs in series for 12S 5000 mah in EDF conversion of the Falcon 120 (used to be sold by Nitroplanes) with BVM EVF, 5 inch dia, 5000 watt EDF.

1S 200 mah packs for any of the Parkzone/E-Flight micros.
    I like using 2 X 200 mah packs in parallel in the Mosquito to get the nose weight for CG. But it will fly on one pack with a bit of clay nose weight.

The lists of models that can share assorted packs can get very long.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Thanks for sharing fhhuber. That's why I thought this would be interesting, there are lots of choices and combinations.

Comment

I have 3S 2200's the most as I can take the Radian, ROC V-Tail, HK Night Walrus, & Gentle Lady gliders; HK Skipper, Durafly F4U, Zeta BV-38, & then either the Tech one Neptune or Stinger 64 EDF's.

Denny
        *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
        *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Of all the planes I own, many of them share the same battery with another. But if you are only wanting a comparison of prop and EDF planes that use the same battery then ...........................

FW/Flightline P-38 and Sebart Mig 29 and HobbyKing Vampire.
          Mystique RES and Mirage 2000.
          1700mm Corsair and 2000mm T-28 and Stinger 90 and 90mm ViperJet and 90mm Venom.
          Gee Bee R3 Racer and 70mm F-16 and Eurofighter and YF-23.
          Oh, and I have several EDFs and prop planes that take 2200mah, 4s batteries.

Comment

Maybe instead of writing "what plane" I should have written "which one edf, and which one prop job". I was just thinking if you could only bring two planes total to the field, one edf and one propeller plane, with one kind of battery that powers both planes (your choice again), what would be your choices? I understand and appreciate that there are multiple planes out there powered by the same battery. Totally thankful for that fact. Just asking if you had to narrow it down to one and one, powered by one, out of the vast RC Armada, what would you choose?

Comment

2200 mAh 4s- edf- fw stinger 64hp. prop plane- Durafly EFXTRA. Both are wicked fast, get good flight times if flown with a lighter thumb, and no landing gear to break off, repair, repeat.

Comment

I often take out my CZ Cub and FW Avanti S together, along with a few Admiral 6s 5000mah lipos.

Comment

Saw this and had to jump in. One battery for jet and prop planes. Here goes, Been doing this for over a year now. Zippy compact 5000mAh 25c 6s battery, Use this battery in the FW 70mm F-16, FW 80mm Mirage 2000, FW 80mm F-5, FMS twin 70mm A-10, HSD 90mm Pro Viper and as pairs in the FW 80mm F-14. I'm sure I also use in the FW Yak 130 can't remember right now(getting old timers)even did one flight in the FW 90mm F-104. On prop planes, I use it(them) in the HSD 1700mm Sky Raider, Phoenix Models PC-21 and Phoenix Models Tucano set up for 6s. This (these) batteries have worked great in all these applications and are only starting to show slight puffing. Keep in mind that I have been using these batteries year round three to four times a week. Are ya havin any of that.

Comment

Working...
                  X