Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynam gee bee y 50"

Hi
    I've heard that the landing gear on the dynam gee bee y is more narrow than it should be. Is this true? How is this remidied? Thanks

Originally posted by Stosh View Post
    Hi
    I've heard that the landing gear on the dynam gee bee y is more narrow than it should be. Is this true? How is this remidied? Thanks
    Welcome to Hobby Squawk Stosh. There aren't any issues with the gear on the Gee Bee. It looks right enough for scale and is quite sturdy. I flew mine quite regularly for over 4 years before I passed it on to another pilot. The only caution is to not set her down too hard. There really isn't any spring to the gear, so the axel/bolt can bend.

Comment

I never picked up this bird because there was mixed messages on 4s. Can it run it safely out of the box? I just dont have any 3s batteries lol
      AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
        I never picked up this bird because there was mixed messages on 4s. Can it run it safely out of the box? I just dont have any 3s batteries lol
        Mine must have been a V1 as it came with a lower kv motor than the current version and ran on 4S stock. I got it and the Dynam Waco at the same time and they used the same batteries.

Comment

Santa's on the way, 3s version. They recommend 2200-2600 mah 3s. Some guys are using 4s in the same plane without a problem on utube. Weather permitting I'll maiden mid week next week.

Comment

Santa was very kind! Click image for larger version

Name:	20171227_080444.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	110470 Assembled and ready for range test and maiden.

Comment

I had a tough time getting the colet to tighten on the prop shaft. The colet kept slipping and wouldn't tighten down. I made a washer out of sandpaper and placed it onto the shaft between the back of the prop and the sleeve that goes over the colet. That gripped and i was able to tighten the spinner nut so the prop is now secure.

Comment

Maiden went well! No crashes! Real blast to fly! Im having issues bringing it in for a smooth landing. Anyone out there have any tips on landing this puppy smoothly? Throttle management tips? Thank you

Comment

Is it ok to use a 3s 3200mah 30c lipo in the dynam gee bee y without harming anything? The recommended 2200-2600 are too light, plane is flying very erratic. I didnt want to add lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Stosh View Post
                    Is it ok to use a 3s 3200mah 30c lipo in the dynam gee bee y without harming anything? The recommended 2200-2600 are too light, plane is flying very erratic. I didnt want to add lead.
                    No problem running that size battery at all. I've run up to 3600mah and it likes the weight just fine. The extra mah will just add flight time and no risk to the electronics at all.

Comment

Thanks for your input twowingtj! I was hoping you spotted this brother!

Comment

Working...
                      X