X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fMS or freezing

I have flown models since 1971 and have many but at 68 I just want to fly.I do almost entirely electric mostly extreme flight and 3dhobby .fantasttic stuff.but I am yearning to backwards to earlier years and warbirds.what concerns me is reliability and overall speed and performance.i suspect 4 bladed props are slow.and reading stuff here it seems things break quite easily.the plane I love most is the mustang P51d and the thunderbolt.the 1500mm series is affordable and scale looks great.the free wing has a mustang with 2blade prop and is fast the red tail is beautiful.the P 47 is a big favorite and it looks just as stable and easy to manage as the 51d.i checked banna hobby .yuk bad product missing stuff.looks like freezing and FMS have it together. Got any Recommendations Or Thoughts.this will be my first epo plane

Welcome Seniorflyer63!

. Although I don't have either the FMS P-47 or the P-51D 1500s I do have the FMS 1450 P51-B and the E-Flight 1200 P-47 Razor Back which is the same plane as the FMS version only smaller. The P-47 is a great flyer and T.O.s and landings are a breeze. It has a one piece 4 blade prop and has plenty of power. As far as the P-51B goes it's also a great flyer and I didn't want a D model like every one else and I think it looks better. Whatever you choose I don't think you will go wrong. Good luck and good flying!

Roy B.

Comment

Seniorflyer63, welcome to Hobby Squawk! The FMS 1500mm P-47 is a really nice flyer. I had a little trouble with the tail doors on mine, but the aircraft itself flies really nicely. FMS' P-40 is the best of their modern bunch of warbirds, but that's not on your list. For P-51s in the 1.4m-1.5m class, I prefer Freewing's P-51D without sound. But FMS' P-51B is a good example of that variant, also.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
      X