X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which 3D printer for 3d PUP parts?

OK, I am an electronics geek and 3D software programmer (C++, GLSL as of late). I have extensive experience with Blender and other modeling software. Building electronics kits of any kind or even programming the software interface is not really a challenge to me.

But, I am a complete newb as far as 3d printers are concerned. Coming in a little late to the 3d printing party, I was wondering if any of you gurus out there can recommend a particular printer and maybe explain why. I'm looking for something that will print well enough to make parts for my scale RC birds. Also what material is best for RC plane parts?

Currently I am looking at the Tronxy x5s.
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

What does PUP stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
      What does PUP stand for?
      Printed upgrade parts; ie the 3D printed accessories that are being made available for the B-24 and F-4. As for the printer, I've been wondering the same thing. Have my eye on a Prusa i3 Mk3 at the moment.

Comment

Tevo tornado might also be good
        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

I have a Prusa MK2S. Great printer, I would definitely recommend grabbing a MK3.

Comment

Makerbot
            AMA 1102566

Comment

I just bought an Ender 3 Pro. I was daunted by the idea, but my flying buddy has put together 8 of them for other club members and he swears by them. I managed to print a part the first day I put it together. I watched three youtube videos on assemble and function and a two hour lecture from my buddy Glen( who loves to talk) LOL. My first part (a wifi antenna holder for my daughter) was a complete success. The bed leveling seems to be the hard part. Glen taught me a trick about trimming the endstop tab to get LESS clearance on the adjustment springs. That helped. Also, other tricks about heat and what to adjust. So, yes, the experience was easier then if I was left to my own devices, but now I am hooked. I intend to use this for business, but the fun is in the learning. The whole set up including fillament was $230. Price of a new plane. Just an FYI the Cura software keeps getting updated. The youtube videos looked nothing like what I downloaded. I highly recommend you download the Cura software first no matter what printer you buy to familiarize yourself with it.
              Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Working...
              X