X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Vietnam War Veterans Day

Today is National Vietnam War Veterans Day...if you see a Vet, thank a Vet...everyday!

Click image for larger version  Name:	VWD.jpg Views:	1 Size:	108.7 KB ID:	125803
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

This Navy Nam Era vet thanx you TI for putting this out there. This is one of the reasons when I first met you that I had strong connection with you.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
      This Navy Nam Era vet thanx you TI for putting this out there. This is one of the reasons when I first met you that I had strong connection with you.
      Thank YOU:ov10
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

A big thank you to all who have served!

Comment

TI
          I thought I recognized the ribbon. Air Force Nam era vet Thanks you. It's been a long time. :Cool:

Comment

My salute to all other Nam Vets. "those were the days my friend". I still manage to stay in touch with quite a few brothers. If the 2nd pic is offensive to the snowflakes, I'll remove it.

Denny
            *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
            *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Second pic is Right On Denny ;)
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Many Thanks to our Vietnam Vets! Thank you all for your service.
                And Denny, Snowflakes be damned! Don't burn my flag! :Cool:

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161106_164259.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	125862Click image for larger version

Name:	20161106_164231.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	125863
                  I stand and salute all our Veterans for all their sacrifices for me, my family, and my loved ones around the world.
                  I still a shed a tear, or three, every time I stand for them when they are laid to rest. I stand proud in support of their
                  families while my flag waves in the breeze.

SALUTE!!!
                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Thanks for posting TI. USAF Nam Vet. When we came home, we weren't thanked or called hero. We were called a lot of other things though. Still haven't completely let go of that slap in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                      Thanks for posting TI. USAF Nam Vet. When we came home, we weren't thanked or called hero. We were called a lot of other things though. Still haven't completely let go of that slap in the face.
                      Me too brother, in my case it was spit...............stupid all righteous skank :Angry: ( I almost crossed the forbidden line of hitting a female)

BluesDragon............I did a couple of the Patriot Guard rides ;) when I still rode :( . On the bright side of not riding, have the spirit of a young kid again flying my warbirds.:Cool:
                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

Thank you my brothers, thank you for the opportunity to serve as well and follow the footsteps of great men. As my son has just signed on to carry on the family tradition. He will be in Army aviation mechanics.

Comment

My dad was on the USS Ranger and one of the guys I fly with here was on a destroyer.

Comment

Thanks you to all the vets out there for giving all of us the right to do and say the things we do and the ungrateful ones as well. I SALUTE YOU VIETNAM VETS especially today. R.
                            AMA 424553

Comment

Nice of you to post it TI, and thanks and gratitude to all the Nam vets you more than earned the honor of your own day.

Comment

Father enlisted (E-1) during WWII, got selected for an officer training program, served in the Korean War era and went on to become the oldest person to graduate the Flight Surgeon Flight Training program at Pensacola. (qualified front seat F-4 Phantom) Then he went on WestPacs just off the coast of Vietnam on USS Coral Sea. He also got to ride back seat on a training flight with the Blue Angels. (They took it easy on him... He was doing their flight physicals)
                                32 years active duty credit from a mix of active and reserve service over 43 years. Retired as O-6.

I was not in HS yet at the end of the Vietnam War.

We were in the O-club when an Ensign came in and a young woman started oohing and aahing over him already having a medal... then my sister said: "That's the one everyone gets for being alive" (Vietnam era service ribbon)
                                Poor ensign's bubble got busted by a 15 yr old.
                                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

My dad was flying one of those O-1's firing smoke missiles for the heavy stuff on the ground - Da Nang, 1966. Thanks to all who served and brought him home.

Comment

BluesDragon............I did a couple of the Patriot Guard rides ;) when I still rode :( . On the bright side of not riding, have the spirit of a young kid again flying my warbirds.:Cool:
                                    I've just recently retired the bikes myself. Got bad nerve damage in one of my feets that buckles my leg if stepping on a stone the wrong way. Not cool when coming to a stop on the bike.Traded in that hobby for
                                    this one. Still try to get out with the PGR when I can... just gotta cage it in a support vehicle these days. ;)

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Working...
                                    X