X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Protect the RC Flying Hobby

This thread is not meant to be pro or against AMA. Please try to keep this thread from becoming an argument one way or the other.

Regardless of feelings about the organization, the fact is that our hobby is about to face some serious new regulations. The AMA is currently the only voice in Washington trying protect all of our rights to fly as we always have.

I'm sure you've heard by now that Section 336, that provides protection for our hobby, is in serious jeopardy.

Several organizations and some politicians have called for the repeal of Section 336. Without 336, devastating restrictions will put an end to model aviation as we know it today. All RC pilots would be required to take an in person FAA, 60 question aeronautical test, obtain an FAA remote pilots license, face FAA restrictions that will hamper altitudes, flying sites, and what we fly, and forever change the way we've safely flown for over 80 years!

Our RC community has operated safely for decades. Model aviation has played a critical role in the innovations of new technology and encouraging young people to pursue an interest in science and technology fields. More than that, this long-standing hobby has been passed down from generation to generation and is a tradition for many families.

It is important that we let our voices be heard in Washington. We as RC flyers must help protect our hobby. Our friends and family can help too.

The AMA has provided a simple method for reaching all of our elected officials in Washington. By following this simple link Help Save Our Hobby Petition, All of our district Senators and Representatives will be reached at once. It only takes about 5 minutes to do. Please consider asking friends and family members, that are willing, to support us as well.

Done
    AMA 424553

Comment

Already done!

Comment

Done as well!!
        Team Gross!

Comment

Done

Comment

Done! Thank you for the notice and link, I've stickied this thread.
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Done. Hate this garbage! Go do the people’s work and leave us alone! :Goodbye:

Comment

;):Don't-tell-Anyone:;)We (R/C modelers) are self-governing and policing. No Washington needed! Thank you very much!

Comment

Damn it! Done went all political on my bros! LOL :Drinks: Sorry....

Comment

Did it the other day. Hope it works out for the best.

Comment

Signed and done. Also drafting up a letter to a few of our Senators and Representatives.

Comment

Done. Thanks for the heads up.
                        Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Did mine the other day as soon as the notice came out from the AMA.
                          Pat

Comment

Got it done

Comment

Done... :corsair
                              Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Done

Comment

I received the email from AMA today, and sent the message.

Comment

That one would be round 2... got it here this morning.
                                    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Hopefully, this round will do it. This one is to support an ammendment to keep section 336.

Comment

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutam...econgress.aspx Please sign ASAP!!!! I will not stop flying!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                        X