Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaaand it passes the Senate...

Comment

• If any one wants to try a "Hail Mary" pass, the White House link is in post #56.

Comment

• Yes indeed.

Comment

• The Senate passed the FAA reauthorization today...

Comment

• Indeed they have. Hopefully the ama and faa will do the right things and not burn us down.

Comment

• Th real fun is when after all this effort by "Big Drone" to shut us down runs into the "Greenie" cities like San Francisco who will issue no-fly ordinances. And all these Congresspeople don't realize that they all ready
              can't get an Amazon or Dominos drone delivery because the DC Metro area is all ready a no-fly area, except for renegades.

Comment

• Or those big drone companies (Amazon) gets sued because one of them crash or chews up a dog in someone's yard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Our RC community has operated safely for decades. Model aviation has played a critical role in the innovations of new technology and encouraging young people to pursue an interest in science and technology fields. More than that, this long-standing hobby has been passed down from generation to generation and is a tradition for many families.

and thus the reason why I don't give a sh_t what DC ultimately puts into law, repeals or otherwise. I will fly my planes as I choose whether DC, the AMA is involved or not. The last time I checked this is still a free Country although it seems it won't be that way too many more years from now. However, in the meantime all the idiots who think we pose a threat to full to any form of scale aviation, radio communication or otherwise are just that, IDIOTS! I'm not saying it has NEVER happened but in my more than 25 years of radio control flying I have never heard of a case where a R/C plane caused a problem for a full scale aircraft, or otherwise. I spent a good portion of my life as Texas Police Officer enforcing laws and knowing how most officers think, should they repeal Section 336, I SERIOUSLY doubt there are any law enforcement officers who would take action against anyone violating Section 336 as long as they were within a restricted space such as most clubs. This is nothing more than a sack full a-holes in DC wasting tax payers money to so much as even take a look at Section 336 much less try to repeal it.

EAA# 1366802
                  AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by CVA59 View Post
                    This is nothing more than a sack full a-holes in DC wasting tax payers money to so much as even take a look at Section 336 much less try to repeal it.
                    The FAA Reauthorization Act did pass and 336 has been repealed. The FAA didn't want the extra work it lays on them. Most of the changes involving the model aviation hobby were pushed by Homeland Security,TSA, Airline Pilot's Assoc, and various factions of the commercial drone industry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

The FAA Reauthorization Act did pass and 336 has been repealed. The FAA didn't want the extra work it lays on them. Most of the changes involving the model aviation hobby were pushed by Homeland Security,TSA, Airline Pilot's Assoc, and various factions of the commercial drone industry.
                      Understood. if anything would have been a big player in pushing is all the new drone technology I figured. I mean crap, you can buy drones now at the corner convenience stores.

EAA# 1366802
                      AMA# 631508

Comment

and thus the reason why I don't give a sh_t what DC ultimately puts into law, repeals or otherwise. I will fly my planes as I choose whether DC, the AMA is involved or not. The last time I checked this is still a free Country although it seems it won't be that way too many more years from now. However, in the meantime all the idiots who think we pose a threat to full to any form of scale aviation, radio communication or otherwise are just that, IDIOTS! I'm not saying it has NEVER happened but in my more than 25 years of radio control flying I have never heard of a case where a R/C plane caused a problem for a full scale aircraft, or otherwise. I spent a good portion of my life as Texas Police Officer enforcing laws and knowing how most officers think, should they repeal Section 336, I SERIOUSLY doubt there are any law enforcement officers who would take action against anyone violating Section 336 as long as they were within a restricted space such as most clubs. This is nothing more than a sack full a-holes in DC wasting tax payers money to so much as even take a look at Section 336 much less try to repeal it.
                        First and foremost it's a power grab by the FAA to CYA themselves over drones. Unfortunately, like guns there will always be people abusing the usage of drones. Second, it's an effort on behalf of entities like Amazon who want the airspace for their delivery services. What they don't realize is the bill gave municipalities the right to establish laws covering usage. And I can easily see cities like NYC, San Francisco, and even Amazon's "hometown" of Seattle enacting laws prohibiting their use.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

First and foremost it's a power grab by the FAA to CYA themselves over drones. Unfortunately, like guns there will always be people abusing the usage of drones. Second, it's an effort on behalf of entities like Amazon who want the airspace for their delivery services. What they don't realize is the bill gave municipalities the right to establish laws covering usage. And I can easily see cities like NYC, San Francisco, and even Amazon's "hometown" of Seattle enacting laws prohibiting their use.
                          Ok, I agree with you guys. However, I'm not trying to open a can of worms here but, how do you all feel NOW about being a part of AMA. How much if any will things change from an AMA standpoint in light is this recent ruling? I am NOT knocking the AMA, I am and have always been onboard with the AMA. I am just now wondering with changes looming what part AMA will play into the protection of the individual modeler and the clubs. ???

EAA# 1366802
                          AMA# 631508

Comment

Ok, I agree with you guys. However, I'm not trying to open a can of worms here but, how do you all feel NOW about being a part of AMA. How much if any will things change from an AMA standpoint in light is this recent ruling? I am NOT knocking the AMA, I am and have always been onboard with the AMA. I am just now wondering with changes looming what part AMA will play into the protection of the individual modeler and the clubs. ???
                            I think they might have been originally "gaslighted" by this maneuver considering it was an amendment to a sports medicine bill.

Comment

• Here are some examples of why the FAA and others consider our hobby to be a threat.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                                Here are some examples of why the FAA and others consider our hobby to be a threat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioB8RQkh7vU
                                I am not at all surprised by these people doing such stupid stuff. However, if this is what has helped to hurt our hobby and I'm sure it is, I call BS! If the FAA wants to stop this then they need to go after the drone idiots. You can buy a drone literally anywhere and do anything with it. We typically fly at a sanctioned club with training, safety rules and plenty of watchful eyes. We typically don't break the rules of RC flying and should not be included in with these drone morons. Again, like my earlier comment, I have NEVER heard of an instance where an R/C aircraft has ever caused an issue with the FAA, real aircraft or otherwise. I am NOT saying it has never happened but I would guess if it has it hasn't happened more than a few times. Yet, now our hobby is gonna have to pay the price because of some dumba_sses who should not be allowed to buy a drone. The FAA should impose STRICT sanctions on the sellers and ability for anyone to buy a drone. Of course that won't fix stupid and that piece of it will always remain as long as there are people who think flying a drone near a real aircraft is cute, fun and ok. If they would put some of these idiots in jail for a while and put it all over the news that might help some but who knows anymore. This whole world has gone to sh_t in a handbag!

EAA# 1366802
                                AMA# 631508

Comment

• Notice not one fixed wing, all quads. I never felt good about how those were so readily available for "anyone" to fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                    Notice not one fixed wing, all quads. I never felt good about how those were so readily available for "anyone" to fly.
                                    Me neither! I saw those tiny drones in Office Dept yesterday for crying out loud. I have seen them in stores that have nothing to do with that kind of thing. Those are who the FAA needs to target. Stores just looking to make money at any cost.

To get a CHL in Texas you have to take a CHL class. To get a drivers license you have to take a drivers ed course. To get a forklift operators license you have to take a forklift operators training course. To be a Police Officer, I had to take 3 months of extensive training. Why are drones any different???

EAA# 1366802
                                    AMA# 631508

Comment

• Exactly, they need to do a lockdown on those, but that would kill their narrative of how "dangerous" rc flight has become.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                        Exactly, they need to do a lockdown on those, but that would kill their narrative of how "dangerous" rc flight has become.
                                        I'm sure. The battle we have is to convince these idiots in DC that we are NOT in any way affiliated with or connected to those stupid people who endanger real aircraft with drones. Of course, we will loose that battle every time simply because DC doesn't want to deal with it in the first place. So with pressure from the FAA i'm sure, they have just thrown all the eggs in one basket and apply law to the basket itself and not portions of it as they should. Age old problem.

EAA# 1366802
                                        AMA# 631508

Comment

• I doubt we will ever really be listened to at all.

Comment

Working...
                                          X