X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canard mix

Just completed scratch built Eurofighter. I have only one canard servo and want to mix canards with only the elevators. Using Dx6. 6ch Ar610, no landing gear. Help!

You also don't have flaps, so you have another free port. Being an elevon plane, you've got throttle, AIL, ELE, RUD used up. Plug your canard servo into the flap channel (or gear channel) and see if you can INH that switch. Then do a mix for ELE > flap or gear (whichever you chose). Now hold full UP (or DOWN) ELE while you dial in the % mix you want to deflect the canards as needed. Now test the opposite (down or up).

Comment

Then test if the ailerons move the canard... Which is probably where he's having problems.

Canard on elevator channel.

Right aileron on aileron channel

Left aileron on the Ch6 AUX (normally second for 2 channel ailerons)

Turn on the 2 aileron servo mix. and flaperons mix.

Mix elevator to flaps.

Dial down the % on flaps function so its just a trim.

Test that.
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

You may be right. On my Freewing 90mm Eurofighter, I've got the canards (separate servos) on a full mix with both ELE and AIL. It required several mixes. The canards work in conjunction with both ELE and AIL. It's a very interesting thing to see, much like the real plane. Oh, they're also mixing the vector nozzles as well.

Comment

Working...
        X