Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC Airplane Collection Find

Hello folks,

I had a fella recently at work take notice I was reading a RC Airplane mag so he said "I can't help to notice The magazine your reading and I assume you are into flying RC planes?" Of course I told him yes and then he went on to tell me that his step dad passed away back in 2013 and he was an avid RC Airplane collector and flier alone with RC boats and to boot a machinist and built his own steam engine motors. So after a lengthy conversation with my curiosity hooked he proceeded to tell me that he inherited his step dad's collection and has sold a few things off but it's time to let the rest go as he is not into the planes like his step dad. So a week or so went by and I finally got to see this collection which consists of and I'm guessing around 30 or 40 unbuilt and complete airplane balsa kits from WWII fighters to WWI bi-planes, WWII bombers, 3D planes and about 30 nitro engines in 2 stroke and 4 stroke with half of them brand new in boxes. He also has a set of Wankle Radial engines new in the box. The collection keeps going......there's boxes of landing gear, new tires, building materials half built planes, plastic cowlings, organisers full of spares, old transmitters and everything else you can imagine to build balsa planes.
    SOOOOOO....................my delema is he says if I want any of the collection or the whole collection then all he asks is that I am fair with him on the prices as he is somewhat familiar with prices and would take in consideration if I buy in volume and would give me a break on the prices too. So and I am trying to find prices on items and would like some help if any of you could help me come up with a fair price for what he has.
    I have a bunch on pics to go by but I need to get more of the motors to accurately price them.
    Any help is greatly appriciated!

You almost need a pro collector to get a fair valuation.

Some of this stuff would go very cheap at a common garage sale but could be worth several times as much as new to a collector.

the pictures are coming through too small here to be of any use.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

By clicking on the pics they should expand and then you could zoom in on them.

Comment

Working...
      X