X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retract ???

I have a pair of Eflite retracts in my Corsair and love them but they are not smooth . They seem to what I call jerk a little bit opening and closing . I have cleaned and even used some White Lithium grease on them but no change . Anyone know a solution ???

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Originally posted by Hippie 64 View Post
    I have a pair of Eflite retracts in my Corsair and love them but they are not smooth . They seem to what I call jerk a little bit opening and closing . I have cleaned and even used some White Lithium grease on them but no change . Anyone know a solution ???

Bryan
    I can concur, mine are a little, say, grindy. But they always go up and down. Love that they're all metal.

Woody

Comment

I would think it would be due to the rotation pin design. As its rotating, they could be very slightly binding, but not enough to completely stop operating.

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
        I would think it would be due to the rotation pin design. As its rotating, they could be very slightly binding, but not enough to completely stop operating.
        Precisely! The Corsair retracts have always been a bit "fussy". That rotation pin has to "catch" that sort of edge plate in order to do the rotation. On my 1700mm FMS Corsair, that little plate can snap off if the gear is subject to a harsh hit on the ground. I had to build new plates and position them just so or the pin won't catch it right. This is what causes the herky-jerky motion when the retract goes through its cycle. If it gets "hung up" or stuck, this will also snap the little plate or damage the retract itself. Observe the action of the pin and plate to see exactly how it works and then figure out a way to modify it to make it work best.

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie 64 View Post

Bryan
          Good idea, check to see if the rotating pin is catching on the mounting screw on the same side as the pin. Mine actually did this, and I had to get a new flush mounting screw just for that side.

Woody

Comment

Working...
          X