X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizon pricing

Maybe it's me but it seems that Horizon is getting a little high on their pricing . For example the new Mustang is $269 in bnf . It is only a 48 in. wing span and it is the same on MRC and Horizon websites . If you look thru the pricing on most of their planes they just seem high to me in comparison to Flightline n Freewing products .

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

And they don't allow any of their distributors (ie, hobby shops) to discount them under normal circumstances. Perhaps on special sale occasions, they will allow some leeway but not much. For their major brands like Eflite, FMS, Parkzone, their pricing have always been high. They seem to do quite a bit of price fixing and they wield their power over other hobby shops to keep the prices high. However, having said that, I must admit that, on the most part, their product quality appears to have somewhat higher standards, although there are exceptions to this.

Comment

Anything Eflite has always been priced high in my opinion as well.

Comment

All but 3 of my 15 planes are either E-flite or Parkzone. The other 3 are Freewing. I just stuck with Bind & Fly since my 1st rc plane was a ready to fly Radian with a Spektrum radio. Upgraded the radio & stuck with Spektrum.

Comment

I've always thought E-flite was a bit pricey. In my experience with the brand, for the most part it seems the quality is good however.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Me too, for the very few misses I've seen, there are many more good ones. Are they worth it? Well I guess it depends on the personal taste. For me, every plane I've ever bought from them I really couldn't complain about. But if there is an offering from someone else that has good reviews and cheaper to boot, you can make the safe bet I will go to the competition.

Comment

there parts prices are HIGH TOO

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Their prices are high, but every plane of theirs I've ever bought was great out-of-the-box and flew perfectly well. Quality has been great from my experience, but their models are a bit lackluster in the details. No scale gear doors for retracts, no lights, very bland paint jobs, etc. I don't know how they'd hang on if it weren't for brick and mortar stores... and their micros. LOVE their ultra micros (the only reason I've continued buying Spektrum radios). But yeah, I'm surprised they get away with their high prices.

Comment

Of course now theres no competition for them now. Since they own tower as well

Comment

E-flite planes include a 6 channel DSMX receiver with AS3X, Spektrum servos and an E-flite ESC. A Dynam P51 at 47 inches, comes with Dynam parts and no receiver for $169. I don't think the quality of their planes is any better than other brands. Who makes their planes? Also, Freewing makes metal landing gear that works. The E-flite stuff looks plastic coated and cheap to me.

Comment

Good points. Especially on the landing gear.

Comment

Originally posted by AirHead View Post
                          E-flite planes include a 6 channel DSMX receiver with AS3X, Spektrum servos and an E-flite ESC. A Dynam P51 at 47 inches, comes with Dynam parts and no receiver for $169. I don't think the quality of their planes is any better than other brands. Who makes their planes? Also, Freewing makes metal landing gear that works. The E-flite stuff looks plastic coated and cheap to me.
                          It was said some time ago (before Horizon grabbed FMS) that some Eflite (and others) planes were made by FMS (eg. CZ T-28). As for Eflite landing gear, if you buy them on their own, they aren't cheap. Same goes for Spektrum receivers.

Comment

Yeah I have a set of eflite gear on my 60 sized gasoline powered topflite T34. Far from cheap as the entire housing is machined aluminum.

Comment

Sorry dudes! You're right about the more expensive E-flite landing gear. It is good. I should have been more specific.The gear on the 48" E-flite Spitfire is plastic-coated wire. Freewing and FlightLine do much better in that arena....I do realize, advanced, all-metal landing gear, is for bigger, heavier birds....as it should be. It's come a long way....

Comment

All good my friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X