X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynam Tiger Moth is in!

I just ordered my Tiger Moth. I can hardly wait to start detailing her, and of course, fly her! Doc

RE: Dynam Tiger Moth is in!

Are ya going to paint black stripes on it and make it look like a bumble bee?
    Flight Risk (Sean)
    AMA # 986105

Comment

I saw that the TM was in....would love to get one, BUT with 3 planes already still in the boxes I'm not sure I can slip this one by my beloved!  I saw this posting of the Dynam TM from a guy in Norway, I really  like this paint job.  This is what I want to do to mine..........when I get it.

Attached Files
      Addicted to planes!

Comment

Originally posted by STOOPIDMONKEY
        Are ya going to paint black stripes on it and make it look like a bumble bee?
        Oh, yeah. I think I'll do that.........NOT!!!  I am thinking about silver like I've see on some full scale T.M.s. Doc

Comment

Lol Doc.
          Flight Risk (Sean)
          AMA # 986105

Comment

Originally posted by retiredflyer
            I saw that the TM was in....would love to get one, BUT with 3 planes already still in the boxes I'm not sure I can slip this one by my beloved!  I saw this posting of the Dynam TM from a guy in Norway, I really  like this paint job.  This is what I want to do to mine..........when I get it.

My ARF balsa/ply T.M. has that color scheme, except, the olive drab is more green. It's really nice. Doc

Comment

Thats the color I painted mine ( a few years ago) , except I used a semi gloss brown for the bottom half of the fuse as well as the undercarriage. This color combo. is fantastic and scale looking , and is heads above the all yellow stock color. Long since gone, but you guys are motivating me for a new buiild.
              CT

Comment

Does anyone know the prop size on the Dynam TM? I'm looking to get a wooden one to add some authenticity, but the description does not say what size prop it has.
                Addicted to planes!

Comment

Well, I couldn't wait....just ordered the Tiger Moth.  I decided to look at Callie Graphics and I found this photo of a custom decal job they did for the TM for a New Zealand customer.  I asked them to modify it for me, (change the LOGO and use FAA registration numbers),  and they immediately got back to me with the OK to whatever I wanted.  Can't wait to start the custom painting and decals after I get her.

Attached Files
                  Addicted to planes!

Comment

Does anyone know the prop size on the Dynam TM? I'm looking to get a wooden one to add some authenticity, but the description does not say what size prop it has.

Mine came with 12x6

Comment

Very nice model, but for some reason now I'm longing for some Doublemint gum.  :angel:

Steve

PS: Those guys must be related to this guy

[img][/img]
                      AMA 95495
                      Freewing P-51D Iron Ass
                      Freewing F-86 80MM

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer

Mine came with 12x6
                        Thanks, wanted to get one before my plane came in. 
                        Addicted to planes!

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer

Mine came with 12x6
                          Thanks, wanted to get one before my plane came in. 
                          No problem glad to help.
                          Also pay special attention to thread lock on rigging bolts they like to vibrate loose.

Comment

My TM will be here tomorrow! Ordered a Master Airscrew 12x6 beech prop and two pilots based on what I've seen in other forums. I have also read in that extensive forum that people were having issues with the rigging loosening up.(not because of the screws) I hope that doesn't become something to deal with. I have the Rochobby Waco and I used the stretchy rigging with the springs that worked OK for me. Maybe I'll have to look into something like that for the TM.
                            Addicted to planes!

Comment

Woo-Hoo, a banner day! :)   The Tiger Moth just came, I got my new airbrush, AND the Callie Graphics decals for the TM showed up.  Now I can start with the painting.  I'll keep everyone updated via this thread as far as the assembly and painting goes.   
                              Addicted to planes!

Comment

WHEW...close one!  :s I just brought the shipping carton in from the porch after UPS delivered the TM, and I see a hole literally punched right through one side of the carton.  I stuck my finger in, and it went right to the inside.  Great, I bet this will be ugly!  Anyway, the hole went through the outer carton, but fortunately the fuselage is in another box inside that one.  It didn't hurt the fuselage at all because there was some play with the inside boxes, they moved around a bit.  If it had been a tight, solid fit it might have punched the fuse too. 
                                  All is well and everything looks great. I LOVE opening a plane for the first time.....like a little kid at Christmas.  :D
                                Attached Files
                                Addicted to planes!

Comment

I love that Tiger Moth, and I am glad yours had no damage! I plan to get one for myself soon, just got to figure out where to put it until I get my shop built! It should be a great flying plane. Good luck with it, and please keep us informed of the progress and first flight.

Comment

I just received mine!!! Wow, talk about Christmas! I've already spray painted it almond. Now the job of taping for the deep red trim and top half of the fuselage. I'm replacing the stock wheels with Dubro 3" low bounce wheels. I have a drawer full of stock wheels, never use them. Tiger Moth owners, let us know how you're upgrading yours. Let us know how they fly. Doc

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike
                                       I just received mine!!! Wow, talk about Christmas! I've already spray painted it almond. Now the job of taping for the deep red trim and top half of the fuselage. I'm replacing the stock wheels with Dubro 3" low bounce wheels. I have a drawer full of stock wheels, never use them. Tiger Moth owners, let us know how you're upgrading yours. Let us know how they fly. Doc
                                      I flew 4 batteries on mine yesterday it is a blast. You really can't make it stall it will just nose over and glide down. The stock set up has plenty of power not unlimited vertical but almost. It will do almost any thing you can think of very agile and also forgiving on landing power on or dead stick.

Comment

Going to start the major painting today, whole thing white. In the airbrush thread I mentioned that I wasn't sure if I should try my new airbrush for the job, or stick with spray paint. That is a LOT of area to cover with the airbrush. Probably the only advantage would be time using spray paint. 
                                          I was looking at the Callie Graphics and that is going to be a challenge I think. I have long stripes across the entire fuselage and onto the nose. Have to do it in pieces. Not sure how to conform around that bumped out area on the front either...oh well, that is what makes this fun!
                                          Lucky you farmflyer, getting to fly. Still WAY too cold and windy here in Maine.
                                        Addicted to planes!

Comment

Working...
                                        X