Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dynam Tiger Moth is finished!! Installed/ velcroed two AA batteries inside cowling as per other suggestions - balance point just in front of aft cabane strut was just OK... After connecting all wing wires noticed that one lower wing was not at the same incidence as the other lower wing - slight warp!! Flew for the first time two days ago... quite a handful!! Did a lot of gulping, and heart in my throat.... didn't want to hurt it! Lots of over corrections and a wild ride!! Used a lot of trim and eventually got it to fly somewhat controlled, but not as steady as my Sport Cub. Landed ok without damage. Whew!!

Put another AA battery inside cowling - (now three total) and balance was much better. Flew second time today and it flew a whole lot better - control was so much better than the first flight. Slight hard landing that busted a part of landing gear plastic part -- but HH said they were sending me another landing gear since the original one was broken out of the box - still haven't received it but will replace my broken one when I get the new one. I had glued the original one but it didn't take the slightly hard landing, and now is broken in two places..... landing gear plastic seems to be somewhat fragile.

Am generally pleased with my Tiger Moth - it's a great looking plane.....

Comment

To cure the wing warp, disassemble the plane. Put the warped wing on flat board and weight id down. Put that in a car and let it get about 120F in the car in the summer sun.

There are other methods, but the hair dryer or heat gun typically involved can cause the foam surface to get a sort of "orange peel" effect. They heat the surface too much before its hot enough in the middle.

Note that if the plane is left in a hot car the wings can sag and if not supported evenly warp.. the tail-planes WILL warp in a hot car.
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

This is my semi scale home built experimental SE5a ... now have a r/c sport cub, radian glider and now my new Tiger Moth....

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X