You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your 3 favorite planes in your hangar?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Yeah. This motor: https://www.horizonhobby.com/4258-motor-kv550-fmmkv550 and a 100A ESC. It is a pretty common upgrade for this bird and flies exceptional with it done!
    Yup, mine too, except mine has a 130A ESC that I had laying around.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Yeah. This motor: https://www.horizonhobby.com/4258-motor-kv550-fmmkv550 and a 100A ESC. It is a pretty common upgrade for this bird and flies exceptional with it done!
      Nice! Thanks!

Comment

My top 3 at the moment are:

1. Freewing twin 80mm A-10 (and this has been my all-time favorite plane to date)
        2. Freewing L-39 80mm
        3. Flex Innovations FlexJet

However, I have a feeling the coming soon F-22 90mm is going to top this list based on the videos I've seen so far. I get to see it in person this weekend at the Arizona Jet Rally. I got in on the 1st pre-order, so I expect it to arrive just before Christmas. Winter is our flying season here in AZ, so it's going to get a lot of air time as soon as it arrives!
        Pat

Comment

1. FMS Bae Hawk 70mm = Locked in straight out of the box, great sound, good flight times, easy to see and fast.
          2. FMS T-28 V4 = Tough, quick, great sound with stock prop (and a whistle on the belly) fun to land, very capable.
          3. CZ C-150 = Very relaxing, easy to break-down/set-up, makes single wheel touch-n-goes look easy, good platform for sound system (turns heads when turbine is selected), gobs of power (rarely fly over 1/2 throttle)

All for different reasons. Tough not to put the Convergence in there but it's kinda in a different league.

Comment

1. JEMCO (70's vintage) P-47
            2. FW, BAe Hawk 70mm
            3. Top Flite P-47 (.60 size)

EAA# 1366802
            AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

I'm having a ball with the Flyzone Turbo Beaver from HH - set up flaperons yesterday and its great...Got the Force RC Mustang from HH with the free receiver - good deal - and it's a blast. Got the E-flite stearman too, very impressed with that one...Very sturdy.

Comment

Originally posted by PilotAndy1994 View Post
                I'm having a ball with the Flyzone Turbo Beaver from HH - set up flaperons yesterday and its great...Got the Force RC Mustang from HH with the free receiver - good deal - and it's a blast. Got the E-flite stearman too, very impressed with that one...Very sturdy.
                Nice variety there! I think that's what makes this hobby so addictive! Slight variations from plane to plane make each one a whole different flying experience. Keeps me constantly thinkin bout my "next plane".

Comment

Originally posted by CZ Flyer View Post

Nice variety there! I think that's what makes this hobby so addictive! Slight variations from plane to plane make each one a whole different flying experience. Keeps me constantly thinkin bout my "next plane".
                  It's a lot of fun to try new planes every so often. I usually keep a clean hanger for monetary reasons. I'll usually buy a plane - fly it for a few months, and then sell it on eBay for maybe 50% so I can keep it going with getting newer planes. It works out great for the UMX planes - being easy to ship!

Of course there are those planes that aren't that lucky ;) - usually because of a modification or trying to do something it wasn't designed to do.

I think after a while anyone can fly plane for years without crashing - you could say you reach a "master" level of flying - I've been flying for 12 years now, and the only times I crash is when I try to do something WILD...

It keeps the hobby fresh and alive, and keeps the hobby places in business!LOL....The only thing I've held interest in consistently over my life.

Can't wait to buy more!

Comment

Freewing Avanti S, T-33 and Top Flight Supper Sportster nitro.

Comment

Wow this one is easy. I have more planes than I can shake a stick at, all kinds actually. From top to bottom. EF EXTRA #1, EF EXTRA #2, EF EXTRA #3.

Woody

Comment

I'm just as bad as at least 90% of the guys, I love em all!!
                        The one constant throughout my time in the hobby has been my FMS 1450 P-51D! The first plane I ever bought and into her 7th flight season now, had her up a couple of days and and she flew like the lady she is
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8996.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	257424
                        Currently, and so typical of me, the newest is getting wrung out the most and has proven to be everything I'd hoped it would be, the RV-8!

Name:	IMG_4866.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	257425
                        Third is tough because I love my P-40s, but especially the new one as its so special. It shows the kindness of an individual in the midst of watching our country being torn apart once again by people attempting to divide us. The hope is in this airplane and as I watch people coming out to clean up after the vandals have past.

Name:	IMG_4939.JPG
Views:	330
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	257426
                        So there you have it, but as I said in the first place, I love them all. The Pandoras that are seeing there 7th season, the FL Spitfire which, now that I solved the CG problem, flies like a dream, my ever faithful F7F which literally hauls with the motor mods and I miss my FL Bearcat.

AMERICA STRONG!

Name:	united-states[1].png
Views:	327
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	257427

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

Well said on all points Dan.

Comment

1. Freewing Mirage 2000C
                            2. Freewing F-22
                            3. TBD
                            Runners up: FMS P-51D V8 (on 6S power) and FMS P-40. The FMS P-51 would be my #3, but on 6S the stock prop. hub (and blades at times) are too fragile and that's it's major weak point.

The Mig-21 is growing on me the more I fly it with an upgraded power system. Very stable and predictable and can get in/out of tight spaces.

Comment

1. eFlite Extra 300 3D
                              2. Flightline P-38 1.6
                              3 FMS P-40 1.4; eFlite EC1500; FMS Beaver 2.0; eFlite Maule M7 1.5 (I can't make up my mind - sue me)

An A-10 keeps calling to me but I also can't make up my mind between the eFlite 64mm, Freewing 64mm or FMS 70mm v2.

Comment

A lot of good ones listed, I like Woodys EFXtra 1, 2, and 3. The Stinger 64 fits that category of cheap and awesome flying. Neither would be in my top 3 though. Things do change but my old timer Quakers stay as a favorite, been flying them for 35 years, I guess my electric blue one is my current favorite. Second would have to be my U-Can-Do 3D that is very modified and electric, it's #5 and I have #6 waiting in case of an oops. Number 3 is the problem, EDF, helo, float plane, FPV plane or quadcopter, sloper. I guess #3 for today (#'s 1 and 2 have been favorites for many many years) would be my OV-10 Bronco. It is repainted, repowered with about 2 1/2 times the stock power, programed with crow and most of all is FPV with pan and tilt.

Name:	UCanDo.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	271198

. Click image for larger version  Name:	QUakers1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	172.6 KB ID:	271195Click image for larger version  Name:	markings 4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	209.6 KB ID:	271196

Comment

EFXtra's...

. Click image for larger version

Name:	EFX racing.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	271202

Comment

I have 42 right now.

Favorites:

Freewing Sukhoi-35
                                    Freewing Mirage 2000
                                    FlyFly Hawker Hunter (horrible horrible kit, poorly engineered, but the end result looks great and flies very well)
                                    Fliteline Spitfire IX (1600mm)
                                    Eflite F-4 Phantom

Comment

Good choices...

Originally posted by kallend View Post
                                      I have 42 right now.

Favorites:

Freewing Sukhoi-35
                                      Freewing Mirage 2000
                                      FlyFly Hawker Hunter (horrible horrible kit, poorly engineered, but the end result looks great and flies very well)
                                      Eflite F-4 Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post
                                        I have 42 right now.

Favorites:

Freewing Sukhoi-35
                                        Freewing Mirage 2000
                                        Eflite F-4 Phantom
                                        I just reduced the fleet from 50 down to 40 and I can't even begin to name 3 that are faves. Not even 5. Maybe 10, but that's cheating the thread topic.

Comment

• Hmm… My top three is a hard choice, it changes depending on my mood, the field I’m flying from and the weather. Today I would have to go with;
                                          #1: BVM eBandit evo
                                          #2: Freewing 90mm Singer 90 (Great jet to warmup with)
                                          #3: BVM 1/7 scale F-86 Sabre

Last week it was;
                                          #1: Freewing 90mm T-45 Goshawk
                                          #2: HSD 120mm T-33 Shooting star (Another great jet to warmup with)
                                          #3: BVM 1/5.8 scale Cougar

All in all, I love all of the airframes that are currently in my hangar. Each one pulls at different heartstrings. If for some reason I fall out of love with one, I sell it to someone who will give it a good home.

Best regards,
                                          Cris B.
                                          AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
                                          NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

Working...
                                          X