You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your 3 favorite planes in your hangar?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRGT350 View Post
    My favorite 3 are whatever I am flying. I have some I fly more than others, but that doesn't mean they are my favorite. I have planes I love that have 0-5 flights on them. I have favorites to admire in the air, favorites to fly, and favorites to look at hanging in the garage.I have some that go from hated to loved, just by making changes to how I fly them, my progress as a pilot, and adjusting the planes. I hated my E-Flite P-47, but after spending enough time dialing it in, I now love it.

If I had to pick 3, I think my list would be;
    UMX A-10
    Hobbyzone Corsair
    E-Flite P-47

They make the top 3 in terms of enjoyment of flying, presence in the air, and static display.
    Which E-Flite P47? The P47D Razorback?
    I have that one and love it.
    Also, been on the fence for the UMX A-10 as I am still a novice and am afraid it is too brittle for my rough flying.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8996.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	149975Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8936a.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	149976Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9655.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	149977

'Nuff said!:Cool:;)

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

HK BushMule, FMS P-51 and Dynam WACO, but not in any particular order. I have other planes that are probably better planes, but these three are the ones that I take to the field most often.

Comment

Ok, my favorite 3....
          3. Freewing MiG 21 Fishbed
          2. Flex Innovations Cessna 170
          1. Freewing A-10 80mm class
          (old school is my Keecat 2)

Comment

1- Freewing A-10
            2- Carbon Z Cessna
            3-Carbon Z T-28

Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Please don't laugh, but it's the only one of the 5 planes I have owned, that has the most flights, never has any damage, and has been the most fun.

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

My FW F-86 64mm was wired backwards from the factory, and between all the damage it took because of the initial crash, because of the reversed factory connection, was never the same even after the issue was fixed.
              The fuselage is total toast at this point.
              My E-Flite F4F Wildcat needs a new engine cowl and propeller, but those parts have been out of stock, and because it's a belly lander I can expect replacing that cowl and propeller every outing.
              E-Flite P47D has been my go to model, but it suffers from a design flaw found in many E-Flite models straight from the factory, that being the rear plastic elevator connector...it is two pieces and no matter what I do, snapping together per the instruction manual, using super glue or any other type of glue on the hard plastic, cannot remedy the fact it keeps separating and rendering the elevators unworkable.
              Same issue on my E-Flite F4F WildCat.
              Don't even get me started on my FMS B-25 Mitchell, can't even get off the workbench as the plastic sockets the landing gear retract screws go into were overtorqued right from the factory, and thus are all cracked and literally disintegrating, cannot be replaced without replacing the whole retract, wheel, struct, as the plastic frame that is broken is only available as a $107 complete landing gear set.
              Neither FMS or AMAIN is willing to send me such an overkill of parts.
              Thus, I am at the point of frustration where I plan on flying that little yellow joker of a T-28 until I can find a RC model with spare part availability to get me thru my beginner period above and beyond the little E-Flite RTF T-28 Trojan.

Comment

Originally posted by chipset35 View Post
                My FW F-86 64mm was wired backwards from the factory
                Can you please describe what you mean by "backwards".

Comment

You got to remember that freewing labels are setup for futaba and frsky applications. Spektrum you have to swap throttle and elevator.

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                    You got to remember that freewing labels are setup for futaba and frsky applications. Spektrum you have to swap throttle and elevator.
                    RM ..........:Confused: How is that ??? Freewing labeling of the various control surface servo/retract/throttle connectors has nothing to do with what slot is labeled on the respective brand Rx.
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

WHOA! What?
                      I am not sure I understand what you mean.

XVIPER:
                      The wires that were reversed on mine were confirmed by MotionRC (Red, Black, Yellow/Blue), they were the wires from the EDF that connect to those of the ESC.
                      Motion had me swap "any two" of the three because the EDF was spinning backwards.
                      After, I "swapped" any two of those three wires, the EDF spun in the proper direction, but as I mentioned...the damage from trying to get it airborne and crashing on it's maiden and one additional attempt before realizing it was spinning backwards was just too much damage.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        Can you please describe what you mean by "backwards".
                        He means the ESC wires. The fan was running backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

He means the ESC wires. The fan was running backwards.
                          That is correct, thanks.

Comment

Oh, i was thinking the channel assignment numbers, they show ailerons, elevator, throttle, rudder and so on. At least on the ones i had they have a number on the label along with the name of what said wire controls. And the numbers on the labels correspond with futaba receiver slot assignments.

Comment

WHOA! What?
                              I am not sure I understand what you mean.

XVIPER:
                              The wires that were reversed on mine were confirmed by MotionRC (Red, Black, Yellow/Blue), they were the wires from the EDF that connect to those of the ESC.
                              Motion had me swap "any two" of the three because the EDF was spinning backwards.
                              After, I "swapped" any two of those three wires, the EDF spun in the proper direction, but as I mentioned...the damage from trying to get it airborne and crashing on it's maiden and one additional attempt before realizing it was spinning backwards was just too much damage.
                              OK, backwards spinning motor. Got it! As for what RM was saying, "labeling" of wires is also something that needs to be checked out and confirmed by the end user. But since the problem was the motor spinning backwards, this too, is not uncommon and it does happen and it's up to the end user to confirm before final set up is completed. As with prop planes, EDFs can be tested to see which way the wind is blowing. On prop planes, it's also a requirement to check that it isn't mounted "backwards" as this won't produce the necessary wind. but of course, you take that prop off for balancing anyway, right? In the case of your EDF, this means you threw the plane with backwards thrust? Yes, that would end badly. At least with something with wheels, you could see it roll backwards even if you didn't check for which end of the plane the thrust came out of. In any case, this is another "lessen" of beginner RC pilots that must be learned (like in your thread on this topic). I won't take this thread any further off topic. Thanks for the indulgence.

Comment

Oh, i was thinking the channel assignment numbers, they show ailerons, elevator, throttle, rudder and so on. At least on the ones i had they have a number on the label along with the name of what said wire controls. And the numbers on the labels correspond with futaba receiver slot assignments.
                                Yep, I saw that in the manual. They also go in descending order instead of ascending.
                                When I first saw that in the manual I was like "DOH!"
                                Tell you what though...issues aside..FMS makes BEAUTIFUL products.
                                That B-25 Mitchell in green is awesome looking.
                                Oh, by the way, tell me what you think of this?
                                So far I purchased 1 RTF, 2 PnP, and 2 BnF models.
                                Do you guys know if there are any foam kits that you can buy "bare" and basically purchase and install electronics above and beyond just the RX, such as everything else or close to it?
                                Self purchased things to be self installed such as Servo's, ESC's, motors, EDF's, retracts, landing gear, etc.
                                My idea being that I at least can be the master of my own quality control, by doing high quality installations myself.
                                No more over torqued screws, cracked plastic parts from careless assemblers, pinched wires from careless assemblers, etc etc etc?
                                I know Flite Test has a few, but was looking into more variety.
                                Also, if I could find in stock spare parts like fuselage and wings, tail etc, I could purchase, assemble, and install everything else as well.
                                For example, my "beat up" Freewing F-86 and also my "beat up" E-Flite P47D Razorback...if I found the Fuselage and/or wings in stock, I could rebuild with the components of my choice and assemble the whole thing better than the factory?
                                Thoughts?

Comment

This is true, i would say thats a possibility, but as far as kits go, i think banana hobby does some, and for others the most ive seen are like the super arf kits that motion has. Otherwise i havent seen much as far as kit form planes, mostly because people like to have everything set ready to go without fussing over parts that fit and what not. Pretty much why plug and fly took off as quickly as it has. Its like being 10 steps closer to fun. I do like the plug and flys just because some of my steadiness has left me, and so i cant do any good painting, cutting sanding or any of the necessary skills needed to produce a perfect model. While it is true im attempting to build a 10' N9MB Northrop flying wing, i have to wait until i can have a 3d printer to build the major parts with. Im hoping not to fail a 3rd time.

Comment

Ahh this looks interesting,

#1+++ "Durafly Efxtra" This is hands down my favorite plane in spades. I added landing gear. Spectacular flyer excellent quality, and tougher than an Army Boot. You can do anything with this plane! learn on it, or go completely crazy with it. If you want to go fast, drop a 4S in and you will be shocked. I think it's a must have for any ones stable.

#2+++ "HSD 75mm Viper" The performance of this EDF jet is quite literally stunning. Anyone can fly this plane, well almost anyone. It cost me on sale a whopping $119.00, PNP. Any lower intermediate pilot can fly this, and if you want to go crazy it's totally unparalleled in performance. It does have fixed Landing gear, (Awww). But as far as I'm concerned it's one last thing to fail. It came with HSD all metal servos, and a great fan unit. I think they're up to $149.00 now. The quality of this model is also second to non.

#3++ "Top RC A1 Sky Raider" Truly a beautiful 800mm plane, stunning actually. You have to be careful with this one on take offs as it swings a big 4 Bladed prop for it's size. A little finesse on take off is a must. Once up it really fly's nice. Not a strong wind flyer, be careful here. Comes with a beautiful ordnance package and get this. It cost $68 bucks pnp from General Hobbies.

These are my most beloved planes. I have many, many more. But these are hands down my favorites.

Woody

Comment

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                                      Ahh this looks interesting,

#1+++ "Durafly Efxtra" This is hands down my favorite plane in spades. I added landing gear. Spectacular flyer excellent quality, and tougher than an Army Boot. You can do anything with this plane! learn on it, or go completely crazy with it. If you want to go fast, drop a 4S in and you will be shocked. I think it's a must have for any ones stable.

#2+++ "HSD 75mm Viper" The performance of this EDF jet is quite literally stunning. Anyone can fly this plane, well almost anyone. It cost me on sale a whopping $119.00, PNP. Any lower intermediate pilot can fly this, and if you want to go crazy it's totally unparalleled in performance. It does have fixed Landing gear, (Awww). But as far as I'm concerned it's one last thing to fail. It came with HSD all metal servos, and a great fan unit. I think they're up to $149.00 now. The quality of this model is also second to non.

#3++ "Top RC A1 Sky Raider" Truly a beautiful 800mm plane, stunning actually. You have to be careful with this one on take offs as it swings a big 4 Bladed prop for it's size. A little finesse on take off is a must. Once up it really fly's nice. Not a strong wind flyer, be careful here. Comes with a beautiful ordnance package and get this. It cost $68 bucks pnp from General Hobbies.

These are my most beloved planes. I have many, many more. But these are hands down my favorites.

Woody
                                      Where do you purchase the HSD Top RC products from?

Comment

Where do you purchase the HSD Top RC products from?
                                        I would recommend you look at HSDGO.com, or General Hobbies. General Hobbies is kind of a clearing house for models. Some times the deals are too go to be true. Case in point, I also purchased a PNP 90mm Viper Pro, Ferrari Paint job, (this is a very seriously nice plane). HSD sells them for about $450, I picked this one up at general hobbies for $290. One thing though GH is not the coolest place to purchase a plane from. You can get your plane, but support is non existent. So always keep in mind your giving up something to get these great deals. You will see a bunch of, "KIT" type planes at both HSDGO.com, and General Hobbies. Hobbyking also has a tone of them, as well as Motion I think has some. This is a very expensive way to finish a model. I just get the PNP's and do a ton of testing, repairing, and mods as needed. All models need it, some more than others. But ya can save a ton of money. Chip, this is the honest truth. Other than Dynam Retracts, I have not had a single failure in any stock PNP equipment. I hear and read about it all the time here on the forum. I got about 32 models to date. Something to consider.

Woody

One last thin Chip, Motion has always been my preferred place to do business. Yea I know I've been bit..ing and moaning lately. I like them because I can always depend on there support and good service. I always stop and consider the ramifications of ordering a cheep plane. But if it boils down to a risk I'm willing to take, I'll pull the trigger. W

Comment

Hey Woody, I haven't seen anyone mention the TopRC 800mm A-1 Skyraider before, but I agree with you it's a fun plane for the price! I prefer flying it to the bigger versions out there, but you're right it does require a bit of "finesse" --to me that's the fun part! It's small enough to detail like a plastic model in the space of an evening, too. I did end up swapping out the ESC, mostly because of the connector.

Have you ever ditched the fixed gear and hand tossed the 75mm Viper? Woot!

And for the record, I don't mind the "bit..ing". 'Makes it fun and everyone knows we truly appreciate hearing everyone's honest thoughts on our honest best. It's how we improve. :)

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X