X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springs

Don't tell me you haven't run across this, just tell me where you got them.
    The L/G door popped off the P-40:p40 and with it the little spring and I find myself in need of one and none to be found. he only way I can replace it is to buy the complete Landing Gear mount and $8+, which just burns me.
    Does anyone know where you can get springs for our airplanes??:Confused::Thinking:
    Wasn't too long ago I went through the same thing with the Avanti. Definitely a PITA:Angry:

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Dan, I've had good luck finding small springs at my local AceHardware store...look, or ask :), i've found they have a great selection of little different size springs. Can not recall exactly what spring i needed for one of my planes, but found one that worked!
    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Cool! Thanks Lon, I didn't think they'd stock things like that, I'll check it out:Cool:

Dan
      Team Gross!

Comment

Don't know if this is the kind you're looking for but I bought this little kit from the FMS Pitts just for the little springs and I use the rubbery, stretchy string for other things:
        https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...e-with-springs
        The springs can be modified for length and tension.

Comment

Not the right type, but, believe it or not, I returned to the scene of the crime this morning and scoured the area, nothing. Then, I thought, "I picked it up and carried over to the table. maybe it fell off on the way over" Sure enough, I found the little sucker, can you believe it!!:):):).
          But it brings up a point, because I'd have to buy all the parts for the gear mount just to get the spring. I'm going to check out Ace and see if our store stocks anything like it.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Or... a sweeper magnet.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
            X