X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
    Hmm, 47° this morning, got up to 74° today. Little to no wind. Perfect weather for our Jet Rally! :)
    Wish I could have been there! Glad it went well.

Comment

I just received the FW 70mm Hawk I'm currently working on. Have a Top Flite P-47 Gold Edition that if it doesn't sell soon I will be completing and converting it to electric.

EAA# 1366802
      AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

I have been building and flying for about 35 years. Initially I started out building lots of balsa and lite plywood aircraft. Then....., "foam" came on the scene. I do have several "foamies" but I always tend to chuckle when people talk about "building a foam kit." In my opinion, a foam "kit" is not really "built." It seems to me that it is merely "put together" or "assembled."
        I have a small all balsa and lite ply craft to actually "build" this winter. The plans came the other day. I copied the rib pattern off of the plans and I am in the process of cutting the ribs out of balsa wood. I will work on this plane at a leisurely pace, as winters here can tend to be longer than I really like and or enjoy.
        The snow will probably pile up like usual, but sometimes and please do forgive me, it is actually pretty, especially a fresh new snow fall!!
        However, there is one thing that has always puzzled me, even since childhood.
        In the Winter, everything here is covered in White color, but in the Spring....., when all of the snow melts..............., ah.........., well then....., hmmmmm....., where does all of that White....., actually go???

Comment

To me they are all "built", "assembled" or "put together".... some are more involved than others. Doesn't make one better or worse than another, just different mediums. All the best on your Winter project. Minnesota....:Cold: stay warm.

I hope to be working on my F-117 project.

Comment

Originally posted by corsair View Post
            I have been building and flying for about 35 years. Initially I started out building lots of balsa and lite plywood aircraft. Then....., "foam" came on the scene. I do have several "foamies" but I always tend to chuckle when people talk about "building a foam kit." In my opinion, a foam "kit" is not really "built." It seems to me that it is merely "put together" or "assembled."
            I have a small all balsa and lite ply craft to actually "build" this winter. The plans came the other day. I copied the rib pattern off of the plans and I am in the process of cutting the ribs out of balsa wood. I will work on this plane at a leisurely pace, as winters here can tend to be longer than I really like and or enjoy.
            The snow will probably pile up like usual, but sometimes and please do forgive me, it is actually pretty, especially a fresh new snow fall!!
            However, there is one thing that has always puzzled me, even since childhood.
            In the Winter, everything here is covered in White color, but in the Spring....., when all of the snow melts..............., ah.........., well then....., hmmmmm....., where does all of that White....., actually go???
            C, Not certain where the 'white' goes but here after a snow the 'gray/black' comes out and it ain't pretty but it doesn't last long thought the cold does. What I do like about the 'foamies' is it allows me to get right to the finish work and whatever that entails. Like you building was a balsa thing and love it. Though I am truly enjoying the finish work and the Spit is only my 2nd foamie. Yes, Building and flying RC is therapy. Happy Thanksgiving. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

RCjetdude and elbee, thank you both for your well thought out responses above. All of your points are good ones and well taken. And thank both of you for the "well wishes" also.

RCjetdude, good luck to you on your F-117 project and I hope that it comes out even better than you are hoping!!

Elbee, good luck to you too with your Spitfire. And thanks for rephrasing my thought about R C and expanding it to include both building and flying R C as therapy!!!!! Thanksgiving was great with the kids at home for a couple of days and we will be working at trying to stay warm here too.

Best wishes to the both of you!!!!!

Comment

Not sure if this is good or bad, but basically finished all my projects as of yesterday. And with a newborn, I'd say I was wildly productive. Hope I don't have an itch to start a new project while I wait for weather to improve! How's everyone else holding up?

Comment

Still near 60 here...:Sweating: Had a Gecko 125A ESC go bad in my Avanti and it took out all the servos but one, the A3-L and all the retracts. I replaced the ESC only to then discover the full extent of the damage. :Angry:

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                    Still near 60 here...:Sweating: Had a Gecko 125A ESC go bad in my Avanti and it took out all the servos but one, the A3-L and all the retracts. I replaced the ESC only to then discover the full extent of the damage. :Angry:
                    LOL RCJD, Still near 24 here. Did you lose the aircraft? Certainly, hope not.

F-4 question; did you mod opening canopies to your Phantom. I was thinking about it and there isn't a lot of room, though it could be done, just thinking about it before I glue up the canopy and wondered if you'd noodled a mod.

Happy New Year and best always, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

No the plane is fine. Failed as it was landing which caused it to bounce but with no structural damage. I did not attempt opening canopies on the F-4. As you said there is not a lot of room but with the 3D printer the potential is there. I always am more concerned about a canopy staying shut and with the F-4's dual canopies it would be much more of a challenge.

Comment

Working...
                      X