X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alphas Project Names and Breadcrumbs Database

Put your info and what you think his project names and hints mean. Please no wish lists.

Guess I will kick it off.

Project Five Eyes-Reconnaissance? FVEY? Crew compliment on a reconnaissance aircraft?(P-3 Orion) Or something that has absolutely nothing to do with numbers, letters, or seeing devices.

1) It's not an EDF. Prop, heli, turbine, free-flight, glider, war-bird, civil, airliner. I'm guessing 2 or 4 engine crossover (military/civil).
    2) It's not small. Big? Micro? Ginormous? Thinking it could be a prop brother to the F105/F8 or a 2000mm
    3) It's meant to be spoken, not spelled. This one's tough. Could be a weird nickname or NATO designation (nickname for the Short Sunderland was "Fliegendes Stachelschwein") Super Constellation is easy to say, not easy for everyone to spell maybe?

Hopefully this is what you were looking for in terms of responses in the page. The aircraft I mentioned are just examples, not wishes.

Comment

I think we should also consider the man "Alpha" when reading the clues.
      • Proficent in Military Campaigns and Pilots history.
      • Alphas prior hints / clues, pattern
      • Likes Military, History and Literature?
      • Likes to make it a lesson learned when chasing clues. Kinda liked this.
      • Clues may be relevant or may be tangent.
      • Project names do not reflect the project but more of an obscure reference.

Comment

I really thought this page would get more interest.

Comment

Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post
          I really thought this page would get more interest.
          Yeah that what I though

Comment

I'd be interested to see some old project names and what they ended up being and what the correlations were. Maybe it will help with the current Five Eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
              I'd be interested to see some old project names and what they ended up being and what the correlations were. Maybe it will help with the current Five Eyes?

Hey JamensonC, hope this helps with Project "Turing" the quest to break the "Alpha" code

Remember that the project name as “Alpha” stated, are to hide what the project is to any outsiders.
              I guess you could develop a profile of the project name creator (Post #3) but to do that you must go into a place I think most people would not want to venture. :):Cool:;)

I found these project names doing a rough pass along with information from their pages

New Project “Five Eyes”

New Project “Trident”

New Project “” ? (I know there is a third one but cannot remember)

Project “Foil” = F-22
              Reference to a “Rapier” type of fencing foil and close to RAPTOR

Project 'Hoot' = L-39
              Referenced to “honor” of life long aviator and model pilot Robert Lee "Hoot" Gibson.

Project “Bond" = F-4 Phantom
              Referenced to famed aircraft BuNos 66-463 operated by pilot Richard “Steve” Ritchie and weapons systems officer Charles “Chuck” DeBellevue when they scored their fifth kill together on May 10, 1972 over Vietnam,

Project “Virtue” = A-4 Skyhawk
              Referenced to Commander James Bond Stockdale was shot down over Vietnam by flak. Over the next seven and a half years, while imprisoned at the infamous "Hanoi Hilton", Commander Stockdale distinguished himself by organizing others to resist their captors despite his enduring near daily beatings and torture. His back, legs, and shoulders were broken and rebroken. Faced with such pain, he never wavered; in fact, his purposeful disfigurement of his own body at one instance convinced his captors that he would rather die than give in. Publicly, Commander Stockdale was ultimately awarded the Medal of Honor after his release in 1973.-

Project “Hannibal" = F-14 Tom Cat
              – No info on basis.

Project “Machat” = F-105D Thunderchief
              Referenced to Mike Machat is a world renowned aviation artist, friend of Tony and Evelyn Acurso, and valued member of the Motion RC customer family. Mike is also the original namesake of the "Thunderchief" --his uncle, George Hildebrand, a manager within the Republic design team, gave his nephew the callsign "Chief" in recognition of Mike's fondness for fire engines. When it came time to name the project which George had been working on, he submitted the winning name which incorporated the "Thunder" prefix common to all Republic aircraft, and "Chief" in honor of his nephew, Mike Machat. We at Motion RC are so grateful for the opportunity to honor Mike and his uncle and all those who worked on the real F-105 Thunderchief.

Project “Tennyson50” = B-24 Liberator
              Refrenced to Alfred, Lord Tennyson, The Charge of the Light Brigade. Also history of “Operation Tidal Wave” which was one of the most costly bombing raids for the USAAF in World War II, in which 177 B-24 Liberators participated but more than 100 were either lost or damaged. 220 crewmen were either captured or missing, and twice as many were killed. Five Medals of Honor were awarded, the most ever for a single airborne action, three of which were awarded posthumously.

Comment

Wolpertinger, Thanks for the research. Having read only few of the threads as those relate to "new" projects, imho, Alpha's logic is his own and we as mere mortals simply endeavor to explain his thinking. It is a great way to pass time. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                X