X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long has it been since you've flown some of your planes

I have around 20 flyable planes. There are planes in my hangar (that used to be the ONES I would take to fly) that I haven't flown in over 3 years. I try to get back to them, but with my limited opportunities to fly each year, it never seems to happen.

Just curious how long it's been since you've flown some of the planes in your hangar

Been around 8+ years for me but next week I will maiden my Rebel EDF with a fellow flyer so we will see how rusty I am. ;)

EAA# 1366802
    AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

I have gone through about 150 planes of which I still have about 45. It's winter now, so I fly only my "skidders" (belly landers). Before winter came, I flew each and every one of my planes in rotation (some more often than others) so they all get flown throughout every flying season. Last Sept. I probably flew every plane I had during that month. I take 4 to 5 planes to the field every day and I flew nearly 5 days a week.

Comment

Too long! I have a few planes as you can imagine. I know I have some that have not been flown in 5-7 years. I suppose I should give those away. I generally give away some of my planes each year to some of the local guys as I can only fit about 40 planes in my garage. I keep some at the Motion RC warehouse and those end up becoming more of a display.

Comment

I'm like most. I have more than a few models that haven't flown in almost 2 years and mostly because I had gotten a similar aircraft that I just like to fly more. But I am too stubborn to sell any because I figure every RC aircraft has an expiration date eventually, and at least I'll have something to go back to if I lose one of the newer more recent ones. But I also enjoy having them hanging all over the place

Comment

I have only 6 flyable planes and I can always get 4 in the Honda so while not much variety I am getting a lot of flights. Nearly every weekend is a flying weekend in AZ - sorry elsewhere...:Not-Talking:
            However, including the Ryan which is nearing her maiden flight, I have 3 other airframes ready for electronics, etc. Recent gift certificates will make that possible. I also have 6 more kits waiting their turn on the table and 1 set of drawings underway, with a recently acquired source to laser cut me some pieces!

Balsa does fly better...:)
            Attached Files

Comment

I have around 175 planes and all but 11 are ready to fly, I try to cycle through them all but I've got some that it's been over a year since I've flown. Some days I fly 8-10 different planes, this spring I plan to see how many planes I can fly in one day.
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                this spring I plan to see how many planes I can fly in one day.
                Now that sounds like a fun day!
                Back in Va when I first started flying glow RC, the dream was to own a place big enough to have my own runways. So I vicariously live my dream as I watch your posts, George.
                Is OK though as I really never thought I would ever get to fly full size planes at that time either.
                Funny how things work out.

Comment

Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Now that sounds like a fun day!
                  Back in Va when I first started flying glow RC, the dream was to own a place big enough to have my own runways. So I vicariously live my dream as I watch your posts, George.
                  Is OK though as I really never thought I would ever get to fly full size planes at that time either.
                  Funny how things work out.
                  I doubt I would ever get into full size, I'm afraid of flying :Sweating:
                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I tried to get all of my planes into the air this year, but the UMX B-17 and B-25 didn't make it into the air. Neither of them have flown since 2016. My last flight of 2018 was early November before school, work, weather, and illness got in the way of flying. Winter is spent working the planes, building static models, and finishing up my Master's degree.

Comment

Not only do we have planes that have not flown for several years we keep buying more. There is no cure for this disease so just accept these facts. My Gas plane has not seen daylight for 5 years and I had the engine rebuilt by DA and it is still in the bubble wrap. Real sad!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne@MotionRC View Post
                        Not only do we have planes that have not flown for several years we keep buying more. There is no cure for this disease so just accept these facts. My Gas plane has not seen daylight for 5 years and I had the engine rebuilt by DA and it is still in the bubble wrap. Real sad!
                        It's bad when the dealer is hooked on his own stuff:Silly:
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

It's bad when the dealer is hooked on his own stuff:Silly:
                          TOO FUNNY!!! LOL!!! First rule of dealing "Don't use your own product"

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne@MotionRC View Post

TOO FUNNY!!! LOL!!! First rule of dealing "Don't use your own product"
                            I think that only applies to drug dealers. :Not-Talking:

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              I think that only applies to drug dealers. :Not-Talking:
                              I just got done watching "Breaking Bad" and got a bit confused!

Comment

I have that 90" P38 that has never flown since 2009 when i bought it. Still hanging in the garage...

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                  I have that 90" P38 that has never flown since 2009 when i bought it. Still hanging in the garage...
                                  OMG, that would be tough to make the go-no go on that...

you want to to sell It? :)

Comment

Hahaha yeah, im still waiting to catch up on funds and also plan more stuff for it now that i have the 3d printer. Also want to clean up a few things on it as well. :) thinking electric retracts and turn her into an electron eater.

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                      Would love to see some pics of that P-38 if you have any, hint hint. ;)

EAA# 1366802
                                      AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

I will sure get a couple tomorrow, or at least sometime soon, shes pretty dusty and ill have to do some recovering in spots as age and heat have taken its toll on her. Also now that i have a lot more financial freedom since the boys now are in my primary care, ill definitely be able to start some much needed TLC on her.

Comment

Working...
                                        X