Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post

Hang in there bud, Prayers and good vibes being sent your way
    X 2:Sun:Some sunshine from Arizona, the skies will clear.

Comment

Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post
      Goodbye everyone , its time to leave
      We hope you don't leave. Even if you're not flying right now, this still seems like a really good group to hang around with.

Comment

I just wish I could afford a nice warbird :corsairto fly to keep my mind off things :Crying2:

Comment

Originally posted by Grady.c View Post

Would you be willing to sell some of them? I want to get either a warbird or a jet.
          Not quite yet. But if I dont fly some of them soon, I might start liquidating

Comment

Hi, fieldof... I've been there, waking up in the morning with ice in my beard! Lots of prayer and a strong attitude turned things around for me. Hang in there!!!!
            Doc

Comment

Being here in South Carolina, it is virtually unlimited flying. There are times, like the past couple weeks, when rain prohibits (does not stop, as you could fly in the rain) flying, but we only have about 6-8 weeks a year where it is too cold or too hot to fly. I keep about 20 flyable on hand as well, and I take one plane per battery size or type to the field with me. I fly 6S 5K, 6S 4K, 8S 5K, 4S 2200, and 3S 2200. So 5 planes come each week. I do try to rotate them, and they never usually sit for more than a few weeks without flying, but we all have favorites that we hate to leave at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post
                Being here in South Carolina, it is virtually unlimited flying. There are times, like the past couple weeks, when rain prohibits (does not stop, as you could fly in the rain) flying, but we only have about 6-8 weeks a year where it is too cold or too hot to fly. I keep about 20 flyable on hand as well, and I take one plane per battery size or type to the field with me. I fly 6S 5K, 6S 4K, 8S 5K, 4S 2200, and 3S 2200. So 5 planes come each week. I do try to rotate them, and they never usually sit for more than a few weeks without flying, but we all have favorites that we hate to leave at home.

Consider your self very lucky. :)

All of 2018 was brutal flying in my area. Nothing but snow rain and wind. It was nothing to go 2 to 3 weeks without flying because of the weather.
                That makes it very hard to dial in a new plane, and still get back to your old favorites.

Hopefully 2019 brings me a heck of lot more flying time, so I can get back to some of my old friends

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post

Not quite yet. But if I dont fly some of them soon, I might start liquidating
                  OK, send me a message when ready please!

Comment

I just wish I could afford a nice warbird :corsairto fly to keep my mind off things :Crying2:
                    hang in there, God will never give you more than you can handle. Prayers sent
                    rc flyin addict

Comment

Dont let the devil win man, you will get through this. When you apply for that next job you have to go in like you own it. Dont ever let them see you bleed, they smell the blood they wont even consider you. The choice to use the gifts God granted you is yours my friend. Let that light shine for them to see and they will not just just take you seriously, I'm positive you will be employed right off the bat. God has the keys, but you have to open the door. We here believe in you brother, even if you don't, you have people in your corner who do. I really wish you were around here we have jobs waiting all over this area. I would definitely hook you up, and with this group, i know many others who would offer the same. No matter what you are still in this RC family, and family looks out for its own. You're never out of the fight. Prayers for success in 2019.

SGT Matthew R. Brothers U.S. Army retired.

Comment

Amen
                        Still praying for you! Jerry

Comment

fieldofdreamsflyer.........I would like to share something with you. Just as recent as a couple months ago I was having some financial difficulty and was unable to purchase an item that I was needing and that really was hampering me having all the things I needed to fly EDF's. However, there is a member on here that you all would know if i said his name, he stepped in and helped me in a huge way to get me going in the in the world of EDF flying. This gentleman did not have to contact me but he did. So, my point is, never count out God putting someone in your path that is willing to help you. With God, anything is possible but we have to remember, God acts on His time table and not ours. Here's the awesome part of my story. 1 week after Christmas, another fellow flyer I know had a need for an item and I happened to have one. I passed it forward and gave him that item he needed. I have lived many years and I still have no clue as to how life works or how God thinks. Just when it seems all things, certain things, some things are hopeless, you need to be aware because it may not actually be what it seems. How God works is a true mystery to me but I know for a fact that He does work! Stay focused, have faith, seek God and everything will work out for you.

My Dad died instantly last year from a massive heart attack. I was so mad, hurt and so sad but through it all I never forgot that God is still in charge and He does what He does for His reasons and not always ours. I still cannot understand why my Dad is gone but I still remain faithful that God has things in control. If I didn't have that I would not be able to deal with my Dad passing. Me and Dad were best buddies and it still hurts but God gives me what I need and when I need it. This applies to you too! It applies to all believers.

fieldofdreamsflyer...........Keep the faith and pursue God, He will always help you one way or another!

EAA# 1366802
                          AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

Well I have been feeling better, still no job but back hanging out at the field watching and talking. I have a few friends giving me a 800mm P-51 and another friend giving me his 2 Freewing jets , the F-105 and F-8. I still have my charger and Flysky i10 but cant fly them until I find money to buy the lipos for it . I do take donations if you have things that you dont need or plan to throw away . I have sold most stuff just to pay bills. These 3 planes will be nice to have. I have a Easysky P-38 for sale in the classifieds. To small for me

Comment

Well I have been feeling better, still no job but back hanging out at the field watching and talking. I have a few friends giving me a 800mm P-51 and another friend giving me his 2 Freewing jets , the F-105 and F-8. I still have my charger and Flysky i10 but cant fly them until I find money to buy the lipos for it . I do take donations if you have things that you dont need or plan to throw away . I have sold most stuff just to pay bills. These 3 planes will be nice to have. I have a Easysky P-38 for sale in the classifieds. To small for me
                              AWESOME!!! You see, like I was saying in an earlier post, you NEVER EVER know what awaits around the next corner. Those friends sound like some good guys to me. Don't worry about the lipos, they will come just as the planes have. A job will also come, just give it time. Go on the classifieds on here and post up what you need for donations, you just might be surprised. Glad you reported back and updated us. :Cool:

EAA# 1366802
                              AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

So glad to hear, gotta take care of you and have time for yourself. Sometimes that next job comes from someone you meet while having fun. I’ll pitch in a couple 3S 2200mah batteries if you can use them, as I am going to start upgrading to 2600mah.
                                Send me a PM if interested...NC / pay it forward.

Comment

Assuming the weather is good for fieldofdreams flyer, he’s flying tomorrow cuz’ he got batteries!
                                  I got to fly this today. Click image for larger version

Name:	821004F5-7642-4CC7-BAA2-481B2D8E067E.jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	173038

Comment

Working...
                                  X