You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanting to start a new club, need ideas.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to start a new club, need ideas.

I am wanting to start a new R/C club in my area (75605 zip code). We already have an old club here but it just doesn't generate the kind of interest that I think it should plus it is way off the beaten path way out of the public view. I would like to obtain some property, paved runway and somewhat decent exposure to the public eye. Can you guys give me some ideas about the best to make this happen. It will have to be 100% done with donations. I am fairly versed in obtaining donations from a Veterans standpoint but not so much from a "hobby" perspective. I know my plan has numerous variables good and bad, I am just looking for some basic ideas that would help me make sure I haven't missed anything.

Here is a short video that I threw together.

EAA# 1366802
    AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

I would contact your AMA District VP which is Lawrence Harville (or the AVP closest to where you want to place the field) or if the other club has a current President maybe they could offer some insight. Otherwise good luck and I hope it works out! The more options we have the better it is for the hobby!

Comment

Love the idea. Are there any farms in your area? I'm thinking that would be a way to get a large parcel of land the cheapest. Any idea how large of a parcel you are looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
        Love the idea. Are there any farms in your area? I'm thinking that would be a way to get a large parcel of land the cheapest. Any idea how large of a parcel you are looking for?
        Hi Tom. I was hoping for 3-5 acres if possible. Looking for something that is predominately level terrain. I am still looking but have had no luck yet.

EAA# 1366802
        AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

Working...
        X