Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking not a lot of guys here took Econ 101 in school.

Comment

These were posted by Alpha on a different page and are great reminders of why these cost what they do. The gear consists of over 100 pieces that are hand assembled. MRC is in the business of making money. If they kept their prices the same when logistics costs raise to the point that the profit is lost then we could all say goodbye to MRC. They had a tough decision to make and they made it. If raising the prices helps them maintain the resources to continue to develop and test new models while still being a profitable business I'm all for it. We are all salivating over what's in the pipeline of new models. Just look at all the "What's next" or "What new FW model would we want" pages. How many would have been ok if they maintained their prices and cut back on new product development to the point of releasing only 1 or 2 models a year?

I look at some of the planes in my hanger and remember that not long ago, they would have been ridiculously expensive and out of reach for most in the hobby. Think about what the FW F14 would have cost 10/15 years ago to build and get as air worthy as this one? I wonder sometimes how many planes have to sell to just pay for the molds required to mass produce these things.

There has never been a better time to be in this hobby, especially if you keep things in perspective. There are folks putting $5k turbines in $250 ARF's! It's a blast of a time to be playing with little airplanes and I'm willing to keep paying the entrance fee.
      Rant ends here, gotta shop for more toy airplanes I can't afford ;)

Comment

Best part of the price increase is that there’s always someone competing by selling at lower prices. Picked up a 1100mm bearcat for almost 100 dollars cheaper than a flightline 1200mm....same quality, same electronics but Cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
          Best part of the price increase is that there’s always someone competing by selling at lower prices. Picked up a 1100mm bearcat for almost 100 dollars cheaper than a flightline 1200mm....same quality, same electronics but Cheaper.
          And you're not going to tell us where?

Comment

Originally posted by radfordc View Post

And you're not going to tell us where?
            I'm gonna bet it was the new Arrows RC (FMS) one.

Hobby Zone carries a wide selection of the best radio control brands and hobby products - including airplanes, cars and trucks. Shop online and save!

Comment

Keep in mind the differences between the above plane and the FlightLine Bearcat is comparing apples and oranges.
              For an extra $39 for the FlightLine, you get:
              1) FlightLine Bearcat is a 10% larger plane
              2) HobbyWing 60A ESC vs unknown brand 40A ESC in the cheaper plane
              3) Larger FlightLine motor with a higher amperage and voltage limit
              4) The FlightLine uses a 4S LiPo (faster) vs a 3S LiPo (slower)
              5) The FlightLine has a larger more scale prop
              6) The FlightLine has digital metal gear servos (elevator and rudder) vs analog plastic
              7) FlightLine durable plastic hinges vs foam hinges
              8) The FlightLine has loads of scale plastic parts and hard points all of which require expensive molds (see picture below)

To those who have the budget, you get all those extras for $39. We are enthusiasts who spent loads of time to get the FlightLine Bearcat perfect. We spent more time than you can imagine testing colors and power systems once the design was done. I'm not trying to trash the other plane. I'm merely pointing out what you get for an extra $39. On top of that, we back the FlightLine with the customer service you guys expect from Motion RC.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	35.6 KB ID:	184597

Comment

As politely as possible, may I also add to Tom's list above that our FlightLine 1.2m Bearcat is officially licensed by Grumman. Motion RC is a veteran owned company and we make extra effort at extra cost to "fly formation" in that regard, whereas some other suppliers do not.

Ultimately, there are many options out there for us all to review, each with their pros and cons. It's a good time to be in the hobby for all of us.

I'll end by reiterating the invitation for comparative reviews to be posted here on Hobby Squawk by anyone who has two of a similar model, such as the ElevenHobby/Arrow 1.1m Bearcat and the FlightLine 1.2m Bearcat. I'm sure readers would appreciate more comparisons to help them make their buying decisions. Comparisons aren't negative; rather I find them informative and I think at the end of the day content is king. Objectivity benefits all of us!

Also, Icepirate3, don't worry my friend, I'm in the same boat as you, window shopping for toys I can't yet afford. LOL
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I have bought and flown both the FL 1200mm Bearcat as well as the 11Hobby 1100mm Bearcat. Both are very nice airplanes. Both are fun to fly and take up almost the same amount of space.The quality of the FL Bearcat, to me, is superior to the 11Hobby plane.The finish of the FL is very good. I will say that I bought 2 of each version because (I am crazy) and the Bearcat is one of my favorite Navy planes. If I remember correctly, I flew the 11Hobby plane first and it certainly was fun to fly. The FL1200 Bearcat is just as fun and looks great in the air as well. The Flightline model has more scale parts and and appearance. Also, for me, service and replacement parts are extremely important to me and I have found no-one in the industry that does a better job in this regard than MotionRC.

It is very hard to compare these two planes as they are different size airplanes. Some people like the smaller planes for transport or other reasons. Some people like a larger plane. Some people want to open the box and be on the field in minutes. Some people like to detail, paint or modify their planes. We are all different as to our likes and dislikes. Myself, I like to paint and modify my planes so that when I go to the flying field, my Bearcat will not look exactly like the other 6 Bearcats out there.

There is something for everyone in this hobby. Something for everyone's budget and desires. One huge issue for me is support and spare parts availability. For me, MotionRc dominates in the area. That is worth a small extra cost.

Bob

Comment

I've also got both planes. They both look and fly fantastic. I prefer my FLRC bird over the Arrows RC bird for a few reasons. Quality I know and trust, better electronics, a more scale prop and hub, more scale details and it's a little bit bigger.

I'm glad we have choice in this hobby and I'm glad I can afford, store and transport larger planes. I much prefer larger planes.

Comment

Well the point of tariffs are to do exactly what you guys were talking about in the beginning to make the consumer not buy the products due to price increases. That in the end hurts the end seller as well as the manufacturer. If they can't move the product, it stagnates the flow of income. But I'm sure other factors at play pushed this as well as states by the employees of MRC.

Comment

Working...
                      X