Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An interest free loan is still a loan and another payment added to the monthly debt. If you can handle it, fine, but a lot of people in this "must have" society can't. Nobody is preaching, just stating facts. Go ahead and Google it and see what the national stats are for household debt. And wonder why debt and credit management has become a booming business in itself. It's not because of all those "smart" people who know how to manage their finances. On the other hand, shouting "free money" is kinda like "preaching", too. In most circles, it's called "advertising" and "promotion".

Comment

Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

Not to be a flat out d ick. If you need to use it, then it's not the time to buy a new toy.

Seeing my horrible and stupid generation (I'm 31) use credit to buy unless crap they don't need. These "plans" strike a chord with me.

I pay everything with a CC but pay it off each month 99% of the time. We grown up thinking having a car payment, house payment, this payment that payment is ok. It's not.
      So dont use it so you can be betted than all the rest of us.

I did miss speak when I said "Need" I should of said "WANT "
      Nobody actually "NEEDs" this foam chinese toys.

Same thing can be said for Student loans.....if you cant afford school then be a welder or plumber !

yall need to lighten up.

Comment

WOW, I'm really sorry for bringing this up in the first place. Please, everyone, do go out and spend $500.00 of "free money" whenever you like because you "want" it now. Lots of really nice stuff out there that can make you happy right now. Credit and loans are wonderful things. Besides politics and religion, money is a bad thing to talk about. I'm done here.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
          WOW, I'm really sorry for bringing this up in the first place. Please, everyone, do go out and spend $500.00 of "free money" whenever you like because you "want" it now. Lots of really nice stuff out there that can make you happy right now. Credit and loans are wonderful things. Besides politics and religion, money is a bad thing to talk about. I'm done here.
          I never said "free money." I said use someone else's money for 6-12 months for free... aka 0% interest. This discussion started out as someone asking if MRC would look into Affirm. Some folks decided to turn it into a lesson on finances and economics. Who are you to tell someone how they should handle their money?? You know nothing of anyone's financial situation. But, at least your avatar is accurate! :Cool:

Comment

However regardless I love you degenerates :)
            Planes
            -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
            -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Peace,Love and Cheese burgers Y'all:)

Comment

Mmmm... cheeseburgers...

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today...

(Affirm financing?)

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                  Mmmm... cheeseburgers...

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today...

(Affirm financing?)
                  72 more payments and that cheeseburger is MINE!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Havent had recorded credit in 5 years. So i dont see a problem in adding something like a 3 month payoff every once in a while. But not something one should abuse just like any credit program. Ive used it here and there, and of course its partly why i limit myself to the smaller planes. Yes im building a 64" edge with my printer, but it has taken a month in a half to complete. With that i just bought what i needed and when i needed as the time went on. Heres where there is also something to be said about building a kit or from scratch. A, its fun to build, and B you dont get hit with the price all up front. So its like credit, but you get to have fun with it even on the builds while you are paying for it with unbarrowed money. And the best part. No credit necessary

Comment

I really didn't expect to be chastised and criticized for just for making a suggestion that Motion RC offer Affirm financing, Horizon Hobby and AMain Hobby both offer it. Compared to PayPal financing, they offer a 0% option on occasion, plus I find their options more flexible, there is no penalty to pay off early. Part of the conversation was to keep Motion RC viable, if people slow down or stop buying high ticket items, the fixed overhead at Motion RC will continue even though the product is not being sold. This is simply other option for customers.

Comment

Originally posted by moodg16 View Post
                        I really didn't expect to be chastised and criticized for just for making a suggestion that Motion RC offer Affirm financing, Horizon Hobby and AMain Hobby both offer it. Compared to PayPal financing, they offer a 0% option on occasion, plus I find their options more flexible, there is no penalty to pay off early. Part of the conversation was to keep Motion RC viable, if people slow down or stop buying high ticket items, the fixed overhead at Motion RC will continue even though the product is not being sold. This is simply other option for customers.
                        There been very very few times that Paypal as not offered 0% for 6mo. Amain or the one that Horizon uses likes to nail you with interest I think.
                        Planes
                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

So use paypal
                          why wouldnt Motion want to offer its customers as many options as possible.....

Comment

Originally posted by moodg16 View Post
                            Pretty sure PayPal switched to 0% for 6 months on anything over $99 all the time. They call it PayPal credit.

Comment

Paypal has pissed me off more than a few times. I hate them.

Comment

I received many email and PM from the community asking for Affirm. We heard you! Thank you for all the feedback. We were able to come to terms with Affirm and are now offering Affirm. Mark is in the process of getting it all setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
                                  I received many email and PM from the community asking for Affirm. We heard you! Thank you for all the feedback. We were able to come to terms with Affirm and are now offering Affirm. Mark is in the process of getting it all setup.
                                  While I have never used affirm and don't really plan to, kudos to you and MRC for listening to customers and going after it!

Comment

Up and running now. Thanks again to everyone who provided feedback and sent messages about this.

Comment

Tom wins the internets today!:Win::f18
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                        Tom wins the internets today!:Win::f18
                                        I'm gonna take this post and run with it. Next FW release... new F18! :f18

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I'm gonna take this post and run with it. Next FW release... new F18! :f18
                                          NO!! NO!! NO!!! NO MORE HORNETS, MUSTANGS, or CORSAIRS! WE WANT SOMETHING NEW!! And there better be an OV-10 sometime in the VERY NEAR future, because the natives are getting restless.
                                          Now back to the topic. I have used Affirm and from my POV it's like a layaway, only you get it now.

Comment

Working...
                                          X