X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affirm financing option

With some of the prices going up are there plans for Motion RC to add Affirm financing as offered by Horizon Hobby and Amain Hobbies?

We will look into it. I've had others ask about this.

Comment

Paypal now has an interest free payment program that is better than Affirm in my opinion.

Comment

Or a 3 payment plan like Tower does that is interest free.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks for mentioning the PayPal plan. We already work with them so it may be a better option, especially if it is interest free.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
            Thanks for mentioning the PayPal plan. We already work with them so it may be a better option, especially if it is interest free.
            0% for 6 months if over $99

Comment

Originally posted by moodg16 View Post
              With some of the prices going up are there plans for Motion RC to add Affirm financing as offered by Horizon Hobby and Amain Hobbies?

Not to sound like a huge d ick but what happen to saving?
              Planes
              -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
              -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

:) Good point!

Bob

Comment

Right?
                  Mike
                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Not to be d ick but if you dont need it dont use it.
                    Just another option if you Want to use it.

Comment

From a financial planner's (I'm not one) or from a credit management point of view ................... "Wanting" to use it and "needing" to use it are two different things. If you "want" to use it even though you don't have to, great. Do it. We've all heard lately on the news of so many people in Canada and the USA acquiring burgeoning debt. I've heard that nearly 1/4 of all households are going paycheck to paycheck just meeting their monthly payments. Remember that this is a hobby, a past time. It's not a necessity of life. If you "need" to make payments (interest free or not), is it really a wise position to put yourself into, especially if you've got other payments up the ying yang?

Comment

Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post

Not to be d ick but if you dont need it dont use it.
                        Just another option if you Want to use it.
                        Not to be a flat out d ick. If you need to use it, then it's not the time to buy a new toy.

Seeing my horrible and stupid generation (I'm 31) use credit to buy unless crap they don't need. These "plans" strike a chord with me.

I pay everything with a CC but pay it off each month 99% of the time. We grown up thinking having a car payment, house payment, this payment that payment is ok. It's not.
                        Planes
                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

It's my model and I want it now! ;)

Comment

I have used Affirm once to purchase about 1000$ worth of rc stuff. Paid off in 12 months. Money is relative to each individual, what may be a great expense to one may be pocket change to another. The key to fiscal responsibility is to take your time making the decision on going into debt, impulsive buying will end up biting you later. Give yourself time to decide either way. What looks one way today May look completely different tomorrow . Ok I am done preaching.

Comment

One place to consider saving for versus financing a model, is when the model is going out of production, MRC has only a few left, and the odds are, by the time you save the money, it'll be sold out.

Everybody is free to make their own financial decisions.

A few months ago, I almost pulled the trigger on the new DJI Mavic 2 Zoom, using the Affirm plan. I ended up deciding not to, for the very reasons stated above. I couldn't see putting another $1200 of debt against our budget for something that isn't a necessity. While the Mavic 2 would be a bit more than a toy (I consider it more of a photographic tool), it was still something that was a want, not a need. I still want to get one eventually, but when it's in the budget, not against it.

Comment

I just found out that anyone who is interested can use PayPal credit. This was always there. If you checkout using PayPal, all you have to do is click "pay with PayPal credit" or "apply for paypal credit" after you click the "pay with paypal" button on the Motion RC website. We'll continue to look into affirm but it looks like PayPal credit is already there for anyone who wants to use it.

Comment

I love how people want to come on here on a hobby website and preach on their personal money and financial opinions. I cannot count how many times I have "financed" something that wasn't necessary because they offer 0% financing. If you can be smart about it, it is a great option for a lot of people. I will continue to use someone else's money for 6-12 months for free when it is available to me!

Comment

Who's preaching? People make choices and a bunch make the wrong ones. Just take a look around.

Mike
                                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                                      Who's preaching? People make choices and a bunch make the wrong ones. Just take a look around.

Mike
                                      Just looked and didn't see anything. I'll try again later.

Comment

All you have to do is read just about any finical magazine. There's more dumba$$ out there than people with normal IQ levels when it comes to managing money. They use to teach basic adult skill sets. Now they don't. I graduated in 06 and the only "adult" class we had was Home Ed. which was how to cook.

While you, other and I are fine in terms of how to manage our money and know how to make it work for us A LOT DO NOT and fall for these schemes. Something happens (car, home repair, etc) now they are SOL.
                                        Planes

Comment

Working...
                                        X