X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best glue to repair crack

I have this flat-board foamie F22 with pusher propeller. While hand-launching it I held on too long and it struck ground nose first and cracked the foam. No other damage is apparent. My wife wants me to use this glue that she uses for her scrapbooking hobby (see picture). It says it’s for styrofoam & foam rubber. A flyer at our field recommended “foam-tac glue”. Should I listen to my wife or the flyer? (I have to live with my wife). See pics. Thank you..... P.S. what type of foam is this? EPP, EPS, other?

I’ve used FoamTac for planes like that but if you don’t have any at the moment, give the wife’s glue a try. If it doesn’t hold after it cures, you’ll be able to pull it back apart without hurting anything. In addition to gluing it at the break, I also put clear Gorilla tape across the break all around.

Comment

What Xviper said.. Foam-tac.
      AMA 424553

Comment

I am trying my wife’s glue as to see what happens. Then foam-tac if that doesn’t hold strong.

Comment

“Note Foam-Tac is not safe for EPS foam”.

That at is a quote from the Overview of the Beacon Foam-tac on MRC. Now my question is ... is my airplane EPS or not?

Comment

Your pictures look like the plane is made from sheets of Depron but not sure what Depron is.

Comment

Depron is a highly efficient extruded polystyrene

Use your wife's hobby glue.

Comment

Heres 1 websites description of Depron.

Comment

Working...
                X