You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone be able to help me identify these parts and their value?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would anyone be able to help me identify these parts and their value?

Hello! Sorry I'm not established in the community. I've been trying to go to different forums looking for help. I recently came into this lot of RC airplane parts: https://imgur.com/a/RhKpSMy

I was hoping people with experience could help me figure out what everything is. Pretty much just all the small electronics I don't know. I was also hoping someone could tell me what all of this might go for if sold as a lot?

Thank you so much for any help. I really appreciate it

Originally posted by Evistro View Post
    Hello! Sorry I'm not established in the community. I've been trying to go to different forums looking for help. I recently came into this lot of RC airplane parts: https://imgur.com/a/RhKpSMy

I was hoping people with experience could help me figure out what everything is. Pretty much just all the small electronics I don't know. I was also hoping someone could tell me what all of this might go for if sold as a lot?

Thank you so much for any help. I really appreciate it
    It's hard to say really, I would start with where you're located and if you'll ship or not.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Looks a lot like the "Mystery Box" of misc. RC goodies and electronics I will sell about once every 5 years or so when my garage gets too cluttered and the wife starts to "suggest" I clear out some of the clutter. I simply take a photo and list the obvious parts and the rest are odds and ends, servos, connectors, ESCs, props, motors, etc...I usually sell the box condition "As Is" for around $100-$150 depending on what's all in it. For what I see in the photos with all the motors, ESCs, LiPos...If it were all my stuff I would probably sell everything for $150. Misc electronics where you are not sure of the history/how many cycles, condition, etc, I don't expect anything much more than that. Anyhow just a rough guideline.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
        Looks a lot like the "Mystery Box" of misc. RC goodies and electronics I will sell about once every 5 years or so when my garage gets too cluttered and the wife starts to "suggest" I clear out some of the clutter. I simply take a photo and list the obvious parts and the rest are odds and ends, servos, connectors, ESCs, props, motors, etc...I usually sell the box condition "As Is" for around $100-$150 depending on what's all in it. For what I see in the photos with all the motors, ESCs, LiPos...If it were all my stuff I would probably sell everything for $150. Misc electronics where you are not sure of the history/how many cycles, condition, etc, I don't expect anything much more than that. Anyhow just a rough guideline.
        Fix me up a box ;)
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

LOL

Unfortunately I just sold my last Mystery Box about 6 months ago so the next one won't be for another 4-5 years. :)
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

At the last RC auction I was at, these sorts of “boxes of stuff” can go for a wide range of prices. It depends on who’s in attendance. Where it’s not known if the various bits and pieces actually work, it takes a certain type of buyer willing to take the risk. For example, a box of servos like what you have shown, went for 10 bucks. A box of motors went for 50 bucks. Batteries without history and without being tested, may never sell or sell for next to nothing. ESCs, again without the ability to test them, may sell for pennies on the dollar for what they originally cost. It depends on who’s willing to take the risk and if anyone just happens to want or need a few for upcoming projects.
            I once bought a brand new, but very old warehouse stock 250A ESC from a hobby shop who had it priced at 25% of what the retail price was. It was a Castle, so I figured I couldn’t go wrong. There was no return or refund. Sold “as is”. It was a dud. If I could get burned buying “new” from a shop, you can be sure I’ll never buy a “box of used stuff” that is untested and has no history for anything more than a “few pennies”.

Comment

Working...
            X