X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Shoes

Welcome, friends! We field many questions from the community about what life is like behind the scenes at Motion RC and our factory partners. While for obviously prudent competitive reasons a lot of that information cannot be shared publicly, from time to time I'll post in this thread some of the daily happenings around here. My hope in sharing some of what our teams experience daily is that we'll all grow to understand that there is A Lot involved to moving this hobby forward. The proverbial "tip of the iceberg" being visible. It takes a village to move a mountain, and that's what we're all a part of.

Subscribe to this thread to be notified; I cannot promise I'll be able to update it frequently.

I'm actually more interested in some of you creating your own threads to show us a "Day In The Life" at your job as an educator, civil serviceman, artist, or really anything. What makes our global community so enriching is the diversity of experiences and expertise.

To start this thread off, here is a shot walking down "Customer Lane" at the factory. We're grateful to have the best customer family in the world, and we've been trying to grow our wall lately. Some of the pictures you've been sending to Todd and James might make the wall someday, if they're not up here already!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190223_161910.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.7 KB ID:	181130

Here is a peek at the Mirage production line. All hands are on deck after the Spring Festival holiday. Many readers might be surprised to learn that over 50 pairs of hands will touch an aircraft from start to finish, not including the sub-component assembly chains.

Here is a flock of Swallows, fresh from the paint shop and waiting their turn in line at one of the retract installation stations.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190223_144627.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.1 KB ID:	181131
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Thanks for sharing Alpha. Looking forward to more.

Comment

Sounds like a cool thread to follow!

Comment

Alpha, Simply Remarkable, Sir. Love mfg and the details of each process. :Thinking: Looking forward to more of this. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thank you for all you do!!! You are appreciated Bro!!! Jerry

Comment

Thanks Alpha! Nice to see what goes on behind the scenes at our favorite company. I would love to see a video if possible of a plane being made from start to finish, that would be something. Thanks again Alpha.

Comment

:Cool:Awesome.
              AMA 424553

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2EFEB61B-EFF5-451A-BC88-5F110411052D.jpeg
Views:	672
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	181253 Our break room wall at the home office in Vero Beach - New Piper aircraft owners we trained.

Comment

105 pics on the wall and I'll bet it just the tip of the iceberg;):Cool:
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Here's another one of our walls ... Can you spot anyone? I bet George can, and some of you Arizonans!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_36399.jpg Views:	4 Size:	90.8 KB ID:	182052

And here's a shot of the tedious task of hand assembling the retracts for the 90mm F-16. There are over 100 parts and 11 materials used to construct just the sub-assembly pictured here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_36400.jpg Views:	4 Size:	193.5 KB ID:	182053

Comment

I see me and my A-10! That is from the 2018 Arizona Electric Festival and was taken right after we had finished a 5-ship A-10 formation flight.
                      Pat

Comment

<sigh> Love the two FlyRC covers ... miss that magazine. :(

Comment

As I recall, about ten of your photos are on the various Walls, Bajora! They're just too sharp to ignore. Sigh, I miss FlyRC, too.

Pat, you've got good eyes! I never found out the names of everyone in some of the Arizona photos. We tried to print names where we could.

Comment

So for the five A-10s:

Me
                            Vic Checkcinco
                            Bob Ruff
                            Mike Slater
                            Tony (flying your original p-type)
                            Pat

Comment

Nice, sweet view of the swabie's. Thanks for all you guys do, really helping to grow the legion of the addicted :o)
                              rc flyin addict

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                Here's another one of our walls ... Can you spot anyone? I bet George can, and some of you Arizonans!

Click image for larger version Name:	image_36399.jpg Views:	4 Size:	90.8 KB ID:	182052
                                Well I see two pics from the Tired Iron ranch...........one is George's granddaughter holding the Warthog while standing on the "monster" model table and the other is Steve with his Warty out on the TI runway.
                                By the way Alpha, I flew the now incinerated :ov10on the TI runway (doing power line limbo)LOL on my way back home from 2017 TTA eWeek now known as Fall Nall.
                                I NEED A REPLACEMENT REAL SOON ;)
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

It's not nearly as cool as Tired Iron Aviation's setup, but ours is still a nice place to playwork in:

Name:	image_36437.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	182139

Comment

It's not nearly as cool as Tired Iron Aviation's setup, but ours is still a nice place to playwork in:

Hey WBC, Did you take notice he payed close attention while taking this photo NOT to get an accidental shot of the new and upcoming :ov10! :);):Cool:

Thanks for all you do Alpha! :Cool:

Comment

I KNOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW:PLOL
                                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

I hate to admit how many of these I have or have had at one point. :)
                                        Pat

Comment

Working...
                                        X