Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Us intermediate pilots, Lets Share

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Lon, you bet they are, a little stick twister in the making! Wait 'til he comes out to visit grandpa in a few years!!
    In the meantime, its getting closer to NEFI and I'm sure looking forward to meeting you as well!!
    Looks like everything is working in My Little Gal II so that's a relief. Did a bit of work on her today, mostly getting wires in place and color coded so even I can get them plugged in right!!
    Had the tail wheel door servo in upside down, so got that turned around and working. Ran the new sequencer a few times and I seems fine. A little bit more Flite Metal work to do and then into the setup. Got the gyro hooked up and everything is working well so far, a couple of channels to reverse, but I'll wait until she's all together before getting into that.
    Frankly, I was tired so called it a day, lots of time, so....
    I have a plan on how I'm loading all the planes and gear plus luggage and wife so I want to try it out to make sure everything fits tomorrow. Sure envy guys who have a trailer. For some reason, the wife draws a line at that!

Can't understand why, but oh well, she's pretty patient with my addiction!
    So, meanwhile, My Little Gal II is named after her and the call sign letters are the first letters of our three daughters, plus the tail number is our anniversary, just trying to score points. Somewhere out there is a Spitfire with my name on it!
    Keep hoping there's a give away from Motion, then I could say I won it!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• As I'm contemplating just how to organize the planes to take to Muncie, I came across a great idea that I'm in the process of working out.

I'm pulling the wings off the P40, the P51, the Apprentice and Pandora One. Now the wings weren't a big deal, as they'll fit into the back of the truck with the Pitts, but how to store the fuses in he back of the crew cab.
      The answer came to me!!!!
      Everyone knows what those plastic shelving units from Wally World are, probably the majority of us have some. Ever notice that a fuselage would fit nicely between the legs of the smallest ones? Well, if you flip one shelf over the wheels of the Pandora will lock right into it. Now you trim the legs back a bit so the next shelf is nicely clearing the top of the fuse, and put another fuse in the top shelf, just keep building it up! By the measurements, I should be able to get four fuselages stacked in the rear seat area!

Cheap and reliable I'd say!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Dan that sounds like a great transport idea. How about shooting us a picture. Hey sounds like your getting to the point that you need a trailer. Time to wooooo the wife.
        Dewey l

Comment

• Hi Dewey, that'll be my weekend project, it should work very well. I'm figuring to get four planes there, which is awesome!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Well, the wind was down and the sun was up, so....
            Got some flights in with the Pandora and Big Beautiful Doll as well before the wind decided to show up. I didn't have much of a chance last year to try out the mods I did on her, so, this was the first real flight since. The 580kv and the 85A ESC are a great combination and work really well with her. Now, you could go the 650kv as well, but for right now its an awesome upgrade for me.
            I'll see how the weather fairs tomorrow morning and try Shangrila with her new 580kv and if I'm really lucky, I may be able to get Old Crow into the air with her new 650kv this weekend as well.
            My thinking was that Old Crow, which is really an Iron Ass that I repainted, came stock with a 580kv, but with the sound system, it seemed to me a little under powered for her weight, so with the 650kv it will give it a bit more poke. If not, I'll go the stock Old Crow set up and see how that works.

Meanwhile My Little Gal II is ready for flight but I'm saving her for NEFI in Muncie in a couple of weeks.
            I had an idea to modify some plastic stacking shelves to hold the fuses in, which actually works, but it's too tall, even with the legs trimmed down, for the cab of the truck.
            By flipping the base over, however, the Pandora wheels lock nicely into the slots, so I'll use one of the shelves for securing her.
            Meanwhile, the Flying Tiger and My Little Gal will get wrapped in blankets and stored on the back seat along with the Apprentice, that way, I'll have 5 planes going, including the Pitts.

Its going to be a blast , hope you can make it..

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey Dan
              I'm dumb about things that happen out west so please excuse my ignorance with this question. I was just wondering if NEFI is like Joe Nalls week that just took place in SC. I really wanted to attend because as far as I know its the largest flying event here in the southeast. Looking over the net I really missed a great event this year. It's held at a functioning airport shut down for a week. This year they even had a P51 on display and was flown for the crowd which was very large. Had an unexpected conflict with a walk board at 20 FEET so I've been a guest at the hospital🤕😷😞. I haven't even had a chance to talk with the guys from the club that were fortunate to attend yet. Hope y'all have fun at NEFI. Take some video so some of us can enjoy it too.
              Dewey l

Comment

• Will do Dewey, too bad about your accident, hope it all works out for you.
                NEFI, or National Electric Fly In is held at AMA HQ in Muncie Indiana. This'll be my first time there but all the proceeds raised go towards a non profit non kill animal shelter, which is cool. Ryan and Mike are going to be there and some of the guys from Motion as well as some of us from the Squawk, lots of vendors as well and a real chance to see some of the latest Electrics in action. Motion is donating a ton of stuff for raffling as well. You can count on me taking a lot of pics and Mike and Ryan will more than likely make a video as well, should be a great time!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Great I'll be looking forward to it.
                  Dewey l

Comment

• Hey everyone, check out the new Motion R/C Ball caps. We just got ours and they are very nice!
                    Besides, have to keep the sun off the dome anyway if I don't want to blind everyone trying to fly!!!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Ouch!!!!. I thought I use to get alot of kidding about my white hair. I hope that's what your talking about. Always told them it didn't make any difference what color it turns as long as it doesn't turn loose.😉 just might have to include one in my next order. I like hats almost as much as plane's.
                      Dewey l

Comment

• I used to say, still do actually, that I just pulled out all my grey! A long way from my long haired musician days!!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Well, two more work days to go and then I'm off on an R/C pilot dream vacation!!
                          Can't wait to see all the smiling faces at Muncie!! Got five planes all packed up and ready to load Friday night then off early Saturday morning!

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• I hope all ya'll have a safe trip. I'm sure you'll have a great time. Keep the rest of us up to date on all the festivities.

Comment

• Yes, I plane to blog each night with some pics to keep you all up to date, if only to rub it in !!!LOL

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                Yes, I plane to blog each night with some pics to keep you all up to date, if only to rub it in !!!LOL

Grossman56
                                😢 I have no doubt😢

Comment

• Hey y'all have a great time and be safe.
                                  Dewey l

Comment

• Hey, has anyone seen Todd's (Aros) pics on facebook, oww!! Looks like he's laid up for a bit, get well soon buddy. What the heck happened?
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                      Hey, has anyone seen Todd's (Aros) pics on facebook, oww!! Looks like he's laid up for a bit, get well soon buddy. What the heck happened?
                                      That's too bad.... I'm on Facebook but I didn't know that any of you guys are on there too... So, I missed Todds post. Hope he gets well soon!
                                      Lauren

Comment

• I thought somebody might fill us in by now. What happened to (Aros) Todd? You mentioned him I got the impression he had an accident but didn't give any details. Is he going to be ok ?

Comment

• You know, I think I had an old guy moment, I have another guy with the same name as a friend on facebook and I may have got them mixed up, I'll find out for sure, but the guy I was referring to had his leg all bandaged up. Hopefully that's what happened, stay tuned...
                                          Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X