X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, he's fine, got them mixed up.
    Hope everyone had a chance to check out the NEFI pictures. Ben Jack was kind enough to video the maiden flight of "My Little Gal II", check that out as well. That flite Metal just glistened in the sun!
    Just like real metal though, she has to be polished, not that I can complain, she's a lot smaller than the full sized DC3 I used to polish!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• A little tidbit from Captain Mike. He and his brother are working on Freewing P51 improved retracts. Anyone who owns a Freewing P51 knows that most of your maintenance woes are the retracts with so many grub screws. Lon and I told him we'd be the first in line, how about the rest of you guys, these may even work in the P 38!?
      Waiting anxiously to hear from Captain Mike.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Got some decals for the tail of the Pitts from Callie today, they look great

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
          A little tidbit from Captain Mike. He and his brother are working on Freewing P51 improved retracts. Anyone who owns a Freewing P51 knows that most of your maintenance woes are the retracts with so many grub screws. Lon and I told him we'd be the first in line, how about the rest of you guys, these may even work in the P 38!?
          Waiting anxiously to hear from Captain Mike.

Grossman56
          THAT would be awesome! your right the FW gear is very frustrating on the 51. one thing I noticed about the mounts..when you screw it down into the wing, the retract body spreads open a bit..leaving the trunion more room to wobble..probably add some washer under one side to keep that from happening.
          www.TSHobbies.com
          Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Hey, good to know, thanks!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• So, I come home from work and Diane has a surprise for me, we go down stairs and....well, check this out......
              She made me these ultra cool airplane stands!!

Gotta love a gal like that!!!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Wow Gman she's too good to you. Those are awesome they will be great for the shop or at the field.

Comment

So, I come home from work and Diane has a surprise for me, we go down stairs and....well, check this out......
                  She made me these ultra cool airplane stands!!

Gotta love a gal like that!!!

Grossman56
                  Wow! They look great...Tell Diane I said "Hi" :)
                  Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                  Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• They probably look familiar Lon, she used the pictures she took of yours and built them by eyeball. They're really well done!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Well, the good news is that the hangar is, once again, fully staffed. The bad news is that the wind, at 7:00 am is bending the trees over!!
                      Usually, between sunrise and 10:00 -11:00 am, there is no or hardly any wind. Not this year, it hasn't quit since early Spring!!
                      We've managed to jam in a couple of flights with 10+ mph of wind, but then it just goes crazy. Airplanes taking off on their own kind of crazy. It's a very strange kind of year here. Anyone else having unusual weather??

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• My weather is very similar to yours. Wind at sunrise blowing 15 to 20 and now 20 to 25 and 84 degrees at 9 am. We usually have high winds every day from February thru May but not letting up yet very often. Lots of days it will calm down about a half hour before sundown not getting that either.

Comment

• Things are pretty calm here but as usual other things are getting in the way. When I go get a little time by the time I charge up my to and plane batteries I have no time to get to the field. Have to do a tuneup on my sons car in the morning so I'm going to charge everything up tonight and hope the wind is down tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Need to do 2 maidens. Pandora and the F6F. That'll be the only ones I'll be able to fly. Normally take a nitro in case of the wind factor but I only have room for 2 birds. It's normally my Airfield 1450 Corsair and a nitro mustang or cub. Going all electric if the wind allows. Wish me luck guys. Haven't been up in over 6 months.
                          Dewey l

Comment

• Meant to say tx and plane batteries but my phone likes to change things.
                            Dewey l

Comment

• Good luck Dewey, the F6f should be a nonevent unless you run the battery dead in the air like I did. It flys so good still wasn't a disaster just a bent strut they are large wire but really soft and easy to bend back. Good luck again let us know how it goes.

Comment

• Yeah, same with the Pandora, just check your directional throws on you controls, if I remember right, the ailerons needed to be reversed.
                                It a strange season so far, if it dies down, which isn't certain, it'll be about 1/2 to a full hour before sunset. There's not a cloud in the sky today just the dang wind, otherwise it would be perfect for flying.

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• I'm not sure if I posted this before, probably have and am having an old guy moment, buts its pretty cool to see again.
                                  Our Two Day Fly In At Cowley Wyoming. More to come!

Was a great time! Hopefully we'll be having another in September. we're off to Riverton, Wyoming next weekend for a fly in there. We'll take lots of pics!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Great slide show Dan. Looks like everyone was having a blast. Hope y'all have fun again. Looking forward to more pictures this time also.
                                    Dewey l

Comment

• Video from the Past [10] - Late Night with Douglas Bader World War II fighter pilot ace Douglas Bader got his RAF commission in 1930, but lost both his legs ...

Such a humble man, Douglas Bader interview.

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

I'm not sure if I posted this before, probably have and am having an old guy moment, buts its pretty cool to see again.
                                        Our Two Day Fly In At Cowley Wyoming. More to come!

Was a great time! Hopefully we'll be having another in September. we're off to Riverton, Wyoming next weekend for a fly in there. We'll take lots of pics!

Grossman56
                                        As a neurological data point you did post this before.:cool:

I'm surprised at how many model shown are now out of production, one or two years later.

Comment

• I hear you, like the RV-4, I'd love to have that plane, but, sadly, its out of production. The Ref Fokker is the guys's dad's plane from, I think he said the 80's. A few of the others are, sadly, on the way to extinction.

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X