You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March Warbird Madness Challenge is LIVE!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the Corsair and Spitfire knocking out each jet it was up against, I thought that it was going to be a close match for the A-10 and the Tomcat. This round will definitely be interesting

Comment

Damn somehow I missed round 4:Angry:

Comment

GOOOO BLACKBIRD WOO HOO!!!!!!

Comment

I am surprised by the final 4. I knew the A-10 would make a dent as it's in RC guys minds a lot. I figured it would give the Mustang a run for the money, but to sweep the F-18, Mustang and Corsair was surprising.

Then the SR-71. When I made that West bracket, I never would have guessed that the final 2 there would be the SR-71 and P-40. I really thought the B-29 was going to hold firm.

I thought the F-4 would have beaten the Raptor as well.

The Tomcat is the least surprising to end up in the final 4 for me, but then again, it beat the Spitfire.

This has been a ton of fun to watch and follow. I have some ideas on how to do this better now that we got a precedent to build on. Good luck to everyone on top.

Comment

I would wager that if the goal was to determine the next most desired models to build, the results may have been somewhat different. Regardless, this has been great fun. :Cool:

Comment

We have made it to the FINAL 2! The A-10 Thunderbolt vs the F-14 Tomcat! Here is the current leaderboard and standing. Remember points are once again doubled so you will get 320 points to pick the winner! It is anyone's game if you're still in with the winner receiving a $100 Motion RC Gift Card! Vote for the final now: http://bit.ly/MRCMarchWarbirdMadness
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Rd 5 standings.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	186149

Name:	Motion March Madness Brackett rd 7.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	186148

Comment

Man! I really thought the Blackbird would beat out the Tomcat..... :Silly:

Comment

That makes 2 of us haha

Comment

3 of us. :Angry::Crying:

Comment

CRAAAAAAPPPPPPP.......I'm ascending on the list :Pfrom bottom 3rd to top 3rd versus getting to the coveted :Loser:place................:Dizzy::Silly::wackyLO L
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

The Warthog is proving to be as tough in this contest as it is in real life!

Comment

OUCH...that last round hurt!!

Comment

The results are in and the A-10 Thunderbolt II has been voted the Champion of the March Warbird Madness Challenge defeating the F-14 Tomcat in the championship match 48-34. We have a winner and it goes to Nick. N with 1730 combined points. Tomorrow you will receive your $100 gift card to Motion RC. Thanks so much to everyone for playing, we will definitely do something similar in the future!

Name:	Rd 6 standings.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	187639

Name:	Motion March Madness Brackett rd 8.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	187640

Name:	Motion March Madness Brackettfinal END.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	187641

Comment

Yes, I came in a solid 15th place!

Comment

What Happened to me? I was 1070 at the end of the last round? I did vote in this round, and did pick the A-10. Very curious indeed. I think there is a problem here. Oh Well.

Woody

Comment

Now how did I go from trying to get the coveted last place :Loser:position to being just one away from the top 10 bracket(11th) :PLOL
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Congrats NickN.. and to the A-10 Thunderbolt as well! :Cool:

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Working...
                                    X