You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Crash Clusters". Do They Happen To You Too?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Crash Clusters". Do They Happen To You Too?

I have been flying RC now for 22 years. In that time I have noticed a very definitive pattern. My crash events happen in clusters. Make no mistake about it, after two decades, the pattern is real. I have no definitive reason for this. I have several hypothesis...(i.e. nerves after a crash which could subconsciously set yourself up for another crash, et al) It's borderline creepy. To the point that if I have a crash I will refuse to fly any other model for the rest of the day and sometimes for weeks. These "Crash Clusters" are very real and very weird to me. I was wondering how many of you have similar "Crash Clusters" or not. Let's discuss!
    Yes, absolutely!
    75.00%
    Not entirely sure but could be now that I think about it?
    18.75%
    Not at all. Very sporadic with no discernible pattern.
    6.25%
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

I haven't had a cluster f..... oops, I mean crash in a long while now but when I did, I'd have 3 in one day.

Comment

LOL

Yeah they do come in groupings I swear!
      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

How about certain models that you seem to crash more? I have had terrible luck with F-16's the last couple of years for some reason. Other EDF's haven't been an issue but every F-16 I've had I crash with in the first half a dozen flights. Years ago I was really into WWI planes and back then it was Sopwith Camels that I couldn't keep in the air.

Comment

If you ever notice, thing seem to happen in three's thou. :Silly: R.
          AMA 424553

Comment

Yep definitely some models just seem to be jinxed that's for sure!
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I hope i didnt just jinks myself by reading this before flying tomorrow LOL

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                I hope i didnt just jinks myself by reading this before flying tomorrow LOL
                Throw salt - lots of salt. Carry a horseshoe in one pocket and a bible in the other. A couple of 4 leaf clovers won't hurt either.

Comment

:Cool:copy that brother! Lol

Comment

I haven't been flying long enough to have noticed any patterns like that, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Comment

OH IT'S REAL PEOPLE!!! LOL LOL
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Aros, here's a good one for you, and I wish I was joking...

Back at ERAU, we began noticing a trend in the robotics club that whenever a member of a robotics team (ground, sub, UAV) would eat a round pastry things would go disastrously and result in electronics shorting, pixhawks going haywire, and other freak occurrences that wouldn't happen otherwise. Square pastries were fine, but round were not, leading to the saying "if it's round it's going down!" The most hilarious incident was someone tried flaunting/denying the curse and putting cookies onboard the sub with proceeded to stop working and sink to the bottom of the pool and refuse to do anything until we pulled it out via 3 people.
                        If that wasn't bad enough, it spread to other engineering teams on campus too, to our Design Build Fly (DBF) team and Stratosat teams, with spectacular crashes happening every time or some other disaster occurring. This past weekend a freshman on the DBF team tried to flaunt the curse at competition and ate muffins, and that day two batteries decided to form a short circuit while connected, and the propulsion system refused to work properly until midnight the next morning when the curse lifted after being on the team for the whole day...
                        And it spread like wildfire in the DBF competition too, where a known case back in 2017 OSU held first place for a bit and began celebrating with donuts, and began crashing left and right losing their 1st place slot.

If y'all could do some testing on this curse (part humor for all of the teams, part serious), that'd be amusing to say the least, though if your aircraft crash you were warned! :D

Things we have found that caused the curse and disasters:
                        Round waffles
                        Doughnuts
                        Muffins
                        Cookies
                        Cake
                        Pancakes
                        Probably a few more, need to keep testing...

It's funny how coincidences can happen and then it turns into a curse with some good humor behind it, until the curse occurs and causes havoc!

Comment

That is hilarious! You know I can't recall the food consumed on the days of my clusters but it sure is, okay, pardon the pun, food for thought! LOL
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                          X