You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a "go-to" aerobatic maneuver?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a "go-to" aerobatic maneuver?

Flying the other day and someone mentions that I like this maneuver that, until then, I didn't realize I always do, but I guess it's a variant of a humpty-bump. I come in for a full speed pass upwind, go into vertical, then I do a half turn (sometimes turn and a half), decrease the throttle and pull up elevator to come back into a downline and speed past myself downwind.

He got me thinking about it and yeah, "guilty as charged". Regardless of the type of aircraft, I just always do it.

Anyone got a go-to move? Or a favorite?

Field length slow roll. classic

Comment

Depends on the model but I tend to favor the standard and 4-point roll, inverted passes, Immelmans, etc....
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Most of my landings could be aerobatic maneuvers :Straight-Face:

Comment

Like Aros said, sort of depends on the model.

I loooove pulling up after a low pass and performing a big victory roll with my warbirds.

A fast inverted pass or knife edge the length of the field gets the blood flowing with fast jets.

Then again I enjoy doing a super-slow, lower-than-the-gear pass down the runway with my Avanti.

Comment

While trying to find a name for the maneuver, found this fun little quiz from Air & Space https://www.airspacemag.com/daily-pl...mes-180959278/

Comment

Yes, A-10 snap roll :Silly:
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Half cuban-8 and half reverse Cuban-8
                Useful maneuvers for doing repeated passes down the runway to practice runway alignment.
                Also great for those high speed low passes that everyone loves to do. (ensure you are not getting in the way of other aircraft that need to use the runway)

Level figure 8 traffic pattern.
                A basic pilot training maneuver for skills that we should all practice on a regular basis. Maintaining altitude in turns and maintaining a constant turn radius in relation to the ground in both right and left hand banked turns.
                I practice this at assorted altitudes.
                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Hammerhead

Comment

With my AvantI, Stinger and Hawk, I like seeing how far straight up I can go without coming to a standstill, nose over to the side, go straight down and see how many snap rolls I can do before I have to pull out. Then, full power and straight up into a half-cuban 8.

Comment

My go to 'litmus test' maneuver if you like is the knife edge, I always like to see which models will do this and which will not and how well they do it, it tells me a lot about the model, I find if it does it well, it ends up being a model I really like. Don't ask me why, but it ticks my box and works for me ;) One of the best models for this, L-39, in fact you can do full circuits in knife edge what that thing, amazing.

James you tried the knife edge yet?

S.

Comment

1/2 Cuban 8 for turn around.

Mike Click image for larger version

Name:	119.png
Views:	690
Size:	512.7 KB
ID:	191378 .
                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

A Lummy into an inverted flat spin. I actually have done this a few times partly by accident! Still working on it. Look up Sean Tucker if you want to see a killer Lumcevak! Nobody, but NOBODY comes even close to Sean in aerobatics! Doc

Comment

A large barrel roll into a sweeping 180 turn to setup for pass in opposite direction...

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                            Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                            Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

Mine would be.... LANDING! LOL:)

Comment

Landing is a good answer, but when in the air I really enjoy the Avalanch, the loop with a snap roll at the top.

Comment

Hammerheads, vertical rolls and lumcevaks

Comment

+1 on landing

Comment

Originally posted by bob_stan View Post
                                      +1 on landing
                                      I enjoy the anticipation of a landing as well. Especially when you know you probably only have enough pack for this one attempt. Feels like Michael Jordan, down 1 with 10 seconds left.

Comment

Landing is the BEST maneuver in all of flying, just hopefully not an aerobatic one! LOL
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                        X