X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airplane Transport Vehicles

I am always thinking of what I want and/or need for hauling planes. I love classic and muscle cars and it would be fun to combine the two interests. I can’t see a motorhome or 5th wheel trailer in my future, but something with more cargo space that I could also take to car shows, a multi fun function vehicle is always bouncing around my chemo brain.
    I want cool factor. I know a reliable van doesn’t fit that, too practical! I am still looking at them tho and not ruled out entirely.
    I think a powerful stationwagon would make a good hauler, and a small trailer could be used.

Definitely one of those Chevelle wagons. :Cool:​​

Comment

Agree on the Chevelle, from the era of 60-70's ;)The Caprice always looked like a grocery getting toad and was from the 90's :P
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Call me a toad licker! I loved the long sleek look of the impalas caprices though the 90’s WB, expecially when they’re lowered, and they came with the 5.7 LT1. Best police cars ever, best taxi cab ever, best action movie chase and crash car....EVER!I

I see no warts. :P

Comment

You can't beat a Dodge Grand Caravan mini van. Loads of room for several levels of aircraft...

I know... it's a mini van... get over it! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Sanford View Post
            You can't beat a Dodge Grand Caravan mini van. Loads of room for several levels of aircraft...

What's even worse it's a Mopar!LOL:Scared:

Comment

Here's what I use to haul my fleet to the field. My 2004 Yukon and a 5X10 enclosed trailer.

Comment

The Mopars fold-into floor seats really are handy. I have no problem with minivans, having owned 4 Toyotas. The Supercharged Previa being my favorite, I drove them many years, and now I’m over it! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                  Here's what I use to haul my fleet to the field. My 2004 Yukon and a 5X10 enclosed trailer.
                  More power than a minivan, I’ve looked at the Suburban and smaller Yukon and like them. Do you own the enclosed trailer?

Comment

Yes I do own the enclosed trailer. I have installed a shelf for my larger planes to set on and some racks for my smaller planes. My Yukon pulls the trailer quite well.

Comment

I'm with you. Just picked up a Chysler Pacifica yesterday. Loads of room and can haul a trailer for more.

Comment

+1 on the mini van , best hauler, you do have to get over it though :o)
                        Here is my ford edge, with some pvc and foam I can fit 7 planes or so Click image for larger version

Name:	20170923_081232.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	187493
                        rc flyin addict

Comment

always room for 1 more :o)
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20180826_123154.jpg
Views:	776
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	187495
                          rc flyin addict

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	63973A29-336A-4C79-8735-C58478D46980.jpeg
Views:	627
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	187504Click image for larger version

Name:	71A2F015-E2F7-43AB-A8DD-E58E42C02B2A.jpeg
Views:	630
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	187503Click image for larger version

Name:	15F0351F-93E6-48E2-AEC5-B49DE8D60481.jpeg
Views:	669
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	187502

Comment

NICE there ya go
                              rc flyin addict

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                                Yes I do own the enclosed trailer. I have installed a shelf for my larger planes to set on and some racks for my smaller planes. My Yukon pulls the trailer quite well.
                                The Yukon is in my final four. It’s also the most expensive. The LS engine. :Drooling:

Can I ask MB what year is yours?

Comment

Its a 2004 with a 4.8 V8.

Comment

I get mine in the 08 equinox. But im starting to look for bigger. Having to wait for the va kinda sucks but, when its done, I'll have a new Toyota 4runner, that will double as plane and weapon transport.

Comment

They guys at Apollo either get creative, or get broke!

In Hong Kong nearby, one of the fields installed a couple dozen shipping containers that the club members rent out, so they don't need to transport planes back and forth between the field and their homes (which, in Hong Kong, is most often up and down high-rise elevators).

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I love the '67 Chevelle wagon! In my younger days I had 2 each 1967 Chevelle Super Sports. However, I am older now so I haul my planes in a Nissan NV200. There is plenty of room for 4 1875mm B-17s or a B-24, B-17, B-25 and a B-25. Lots of room for my accessories too! This is especially useful when deploying bombers to Apollo Field in Southern California.

Bob Click image for larger version  Name:	P1040903.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.0 KB ID:	188032Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7115.JPG Views:	0 Size:	157.2 KB ID:	188033

Comment

Working...
                                        X