Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GDMFKMFAYCSB

Comment

Figure that out and you win a cookie....
      :(

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
        GDMFKMFAYCSB
        That's the word for the day! LOL:Not-Talking:
        I understand the gist of that and I concur...no cookies needed...:Cool:

Comment

GDMFKMFAYCSB
          I agree completely Hardway:Angry:

Comment

You don't mince your words do you Hard way!LOLLOLLOL:Cool:

Comment

I love my R/C bros!!! LOL Sorry to not be very Christ-like in my acronym... But I think everyone gets the idea... Stay out of our business, gubmint... :Straight-Face:

Comment

Originally posted by hilldebrandt View Post

That's the word for the day! LOL:Not-Talking:
                I understand the gist of that and I concur...no cookies needed...:Cool:
                Love your avatar!!! When can we get together and drink some beer???

Comment

Well, I tried, but they were just too big for me. The FAA says no flying in the yard or that park. And the club that I fly at has had their airfield closed down by the FAA even though it's at the very edge of the last red 400 block in the grid, and essentially in the middle of the .woods. They say that they're going to try to get an agreement with the FAA, but I don't see them pressing too much since their other field, which is too much of a haul for me, is on the approved list. So barring any
                  changes between now and the meeting they're having next Wednesday, I'm planning on hanging up my wings. I'm going to the club meeting next Wednesday and give away all the planes I have built except for one, and putting the un-built ones up for sale on line. I'm keeping the one that I learned on, and the one that I ordered from China last week when it comes in and the equipment to run them, just in case they DO get the field re-opened and I decide to start over again. Then I'm getting an RC tank to run up and down the yard. Look for the "FAA Imposed Yard Sale" in the Trader section for some deals when I get around to it.

Comment

Love your avatar!!! When can we get together and drink some beer???
                    Thanks!! That's the look I get when too many Monsters make their way into my system :Silly::Drooling:LOL
                    Whenever I get down Texas way, I'll hit ya up for a cold one!:Cool:

Comment

"Coincidence"? I think NOT! From Yahoo Finance:

Amazon just got FAA approval to fly drones for deliveries

Your Amazon prime packages are one step closer to being delivered by drones.

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) issued a certificate to Amazon Prime Air on Wednesday, allowing the company to operate its MK27 unmanned aircraft for package deliveries, the federal agency said in a statement.

On the same day, Amazon (AMZN) announced it will begin delivering packages to customers by drone “within months” at its artificial intelligence, robotics and space conference re:Mars in Las Vegas. Amazon’s certificate is valid for one year and is eligible for renewal, according to the FAA.
                      “We’ve been hard at work building fully electric drones that can fly up to 15 miles and deliver packages under five pounds to customers in less than 30 minutes. And, with the help of our world-class fulfillment and delivery network, we expect to scale Prime Air both quickly and efficiently, delivering packages via drone to customers within months,” Jeff Wilke, CEO of Amazon Worldwide Consumer, said on Wednesday.

The e-commerce giant showcased the latest design of its flying device, highlighting its safety features and ability to do vertical takeoffs and landings at the conference.

Jeff Bezos, the company’s founder and CEO, had predicted on CBS’ “60 Minutes” in December 2013 that drones would be making deliveries within five years. Now, a little behind his original schedule, Amazon is the second company to get FAA approval for drone delivery, following Alphabet's Wing Aviation in April. Alphabet’s Wing plans to use drones for food delivery. Uber has also been testing drones in its UberEats unit to achieve fast delivery.

Comment

Thats complete BS. That field has been in operation for 80 years and has never been an issue, why shut it down now. FAA is just flexing their power a little too much. I bet those Amazon drones will end up causing more problems than any RC pilot has in the last 100 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jpd424 View Post
                          Thats complete BS. That field has been in operation for 80 years and has never been an issue, why shut it down now. FAA is just flexing their power a little too much. I bet those Amazon drones will end up causing more problems than any RC pilot has in the last 100 years.
                          If they think bird strikes were bad, wait until they FOD an airliner.

Comment

Ever since Section 336 was passed, the FAA has been after it. Now that they've gotten rid of it, like any good bunch of bureaucrats, they want to flex their muscles and justify their jobs. But until they actually restrict sales to qualified people, just like guns, there'll all ways be some IDIOT with their DJI Mavik in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Comment

Even with restricted sales, there will be someone who mail orders parts and assembles one.
                              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
                                Well, I tried, but they were just too big for me. The FAA says no flying in the yard or that park. And the club that I fly at has had their airfield closed down by the FAA even though it's at the very edge of the last red 400 block in the grid, and essentially in the middle of the .woods. They say that they're going to try to get an agreement with the FAA, but I don't see them pressing too much since their other field, which is too much of a haul for me, is on the approved list. So barring any
                                changes between now and the meeting they're having next Wednesday, I'm planning on hanging up my wings. I'm going to the club meeting next Wednesday and give away all the planes I have built except for one, and putting the un-built ones up for sale on line. I'm keeping the one that I learned on, and the one that I ordered from China last week when it comes in and the equipment to run them, just in case they DO get the field re-opened and I decide to start over again. Then I'm getting an RC tank to run up and down the yard. Look for the "FAA Imposed Yard Sale" in the Trader section for some deals when I get around to it.

Went to the meeting today and found out the field's been cleared for the time being.:Whew::) Still cleaned out my hanger, but I'm only going to put up one of the three un-assembled aircraft I have. Now Alpha, about that 4s 70mm XB-70......

Comment

Hi,

Just got word that the LOA might b signed today....BUT...There are lots of other fields in jeopardy...Why is this?...Look no further than Amazon...Bezos is working with Commercial Drone Alliance to chase all models out of the low airspace...To start the fight I am working with a couple buds to open a GoFund Me page for modelers who get fined by the FAA...

These regulations are unconstitutional, but a long fight is ahead....I wish us all luck.

John.

Comment

Originally posted by drdot View Post
                                    Hi,

Just got word that the LOA might b signed today....BUT...There are lots of other fields in jeopardy...Why is this?...Look no further than Amazon...Bezos is working with Commercial Drone Alliance to chase all models out of the low airspace...To start the fight I am working with a couple buds to open a GoFund Me page for modelers who get fined by the FAA...

These regulations are unconstitutional, but a long fight is ahead....I wish us all luck.

John.
                                    It's not just Bezos, it's the FAA bureaucracy empire building and justifying their jobs and budget. And I wonder how many parents realize that little drone they bought Johnny for Christmas, that he flies around the front yard, could cost them thousands. Or some jet gets FODed by one of these Amazon drones. And the joke's going to be on Old Jeffy when NIMBY/Nanny state cities like San Francisco ban his flights. But I got my tank, and it fires airsoft pellets, just need to see if it has AA capabilities.:)

Comment

Some good news!

Apollo Field is open again but with ceiling restricted to 250 feet, no turbine smoke allowed and no flying when Van Nuys Airport Runway 34 is active...which is aircraft landing to the north. I hung out for a few hours today with some of the usual suspects, enjoying the beautiful weather. Glad to see it active again but still a fragile situation. Hopefully, nobody ruins this privilege.

Comment

Our field is at the intersection of 4 grids. The grids look like they were created wirhowi regard to the topography. We have a Max agl of 100ft in one grid but if a manned aircraft strays below 1200ft AGL, they risk running into a granite cloud.

Comment

And this can very easily happen to a club field located 7,000 miles away from the largest AIRPORT out in the cotton/rice field also.But hope not. Sorry California guys.
                                          Jimmy

I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.  :)

Death is the number one killer in the world.

Comment

Working...
                                          X